GT-R Official Record

  • Thread starter Thread starter Vipereater
  • 12 comments
  • 2,195 views
Messages
91
Messages
Vipereater
I ran 7:27 on my first lap and never received my trophy. I ran 2 more laps 7:29ish and nothing is listed in the rankings and also no best time was recorded. What am I doing wrong? I made changes in the driver options and stayed with sports hard tires.
 
You need to do it in arcade mode
 
Then i dont know then
Sorry
 
This game owes me some trophies...like starting my first A-Spec race & B-Spec race. Now it seems I can never get them.
 
I rebooted GT5 and used the default silver car this time and everything seems to be working fine. Before I was using the red car. Now best lap is being recorded and I also have the ghost image which I did not have before. Go figure???
 
Maybe it's the same as in practice mode, I think if you go off track, cut a corner etc. even accidentally of course, it doesn't count as an "offical lap" and doesn't create a ghost. You'll notice the lap timer changes to red I believe when this happens during your lap and the window at the left says, in practice mode anyway, "Next Lap Invalidated"
 
Maybe it's the same as in practice mode, I think if you go off track, cut a corner etc. even accidentally of course, it doesn't count as an "offical lap" and doesn't create a ghost. You'll notice the lap timer changes to red I believe when this happens during your lap and the window at the left says, in practice mode anyway, "Next Lap Invalidated"

When this happens (timer changes to red) is it best to restart the race or continue on knowing that the "next lap is invalidate"?

Are 2 tires allowed in the grass?
 
I havent bothered trying to do this... Is it tough ?

(I only used a DPad BTW)

I just now got the trophy and it was easier than I thought it would be. It was my last trophy and I was sweating this one. It is actually a fun race. My times were red indicating that I had gone off course so I ran a clean run at 7:27 which turned the time green and the trophy was mine. 👍

My advise would be to work with the car settings until you can consistently ace 46.6 in the first section then attack the entire race. You can have 2 wheels in the grass.

I am using a DFGT with the following settings:

* Tires: Sports: Hard
* Transmission: Automatic
* TCS: 1
* Skid Recovery: On
* Active Steering: Strong
* ASM: Off
* ABS: 1
* Controller Sensitivity: +3

You must get comfortable doing controlled slides and this car slides very well and I'm an amateur driver. Use the throttle to straighten the car up if it feels like you went into a corner too hot. 👍
 
ASM off seems to make the biggest change to speed and my only change from the above post is TC is off and controller sensitivity is on 7, i just did a .....7.18.408 using a D-Pad and i'm sure i can shave another couple of seconds off : ) these settings work best for me i hope you have success with them also.
 
Back