GT-R Throttle

  • Thread starter Thread starter United6694
  • 6 comments
  • 812 views
Messages
496
England
Manchester
Messages
United6694
I was online in my GT-R and i was just siting on a straight, and wasn't touching the controller, and the car was accelerating, and in the bottom left corner where it tells you the throttle and brake and the throttle one was bliping.

I was wondering if any of you had seen/experienced this.
 
Only thing I've noticed is that the tachy jumps to 1500rpm when you hit the brakes while stopped:odd:
 
Sometimes my X2010 holds the throttle on a bit after I let off the accelerator.
 
Only thing I've noticed is that the tachy jumps to 1500rpm when you hit the brakes while stopped:odd:

Try that in a real car, pump your brakes while standing still and the engine will rev up to provide more vacuum to the brake booster.

As for the car accelerating on its own, I've experienced this with my rig. My pointemeter (the gas pedals sensor) is slightly messed up, when you let off the gas the return spring doesn't pull the gas pedal all the way back. So it will still register a tiny bit of throttle input.

An easy way to test out if this is happening is to pull the gas pedal up with your foot while its reving up, if it stops when you try this then its your gas pedal.

With that said a problem with the gas pedal in this range (0-5% throttle) isn't that bad, it doenst effect my racing, it only bugs me when I park my car.

EDIT: I guess you're using a DS3? I have one with a bad joystick, it scrolls forward on its own. If you use the joystick for the gas that could be the problem.
 
Last edited:
zedextreme8177
Only thing I've noticed is that the tachy jumps to 1500rpm when you hit the brakes while stopped:odd:

All automatic cars do that in gt5.. A light press on the brakes stops the creep, hard press, seems to disengage the gear as if it was in neutral.. Albeit high idle.. :/ my real life automatic doesnt do this..
 
All automatic cars do that in gt5.. A light press on the brakes stops the creep, hard press, seems to disengage the gear as if it was in neutral.. Albeit high idle.. :/ my real life automatic doesnt do this..

read the post above. pump your brakes hard and your automatic will rev up. Oh and how the automatic shifts isn't in question here.
 
Back