GT Racing - GT1, GT3, Blancpain Endurance Series & National GT SeriesSports Cars 

This looks pretty sharp.
1709744073842.jpeg

Last edited:
This looks pretty sharp.
View attachment 1334551
Yeah, looks nice, but I'm going to miss their Porsche. It was a point of difference.

I don't know of anyone else that'll have a front running Porsche in the category, so it's a bit of variety swallowed up by yet another AMG.

I know why they're doing it. It's just a shame that one of the very few that had the capacity to run an alternative to the AMG & Audi hordes, is joining the masses.

I had missed when Earl Bamber switched from Porsche. I know he was recently driving a Cadillac, but the switch from Porsche must have been before COVID.

I get you though. The Ferraris will be good for variety and BMW aren’t sitting on their hands.

Do we have a provisional entry list for the season? I’m expecting Mercedes to fill up 90% of the grid, but it sounds like GTWC Australia (and GT4, for that matter) is really taking off this year.

I had missed when Earl Bamber switched from Porsche. I know he was recently driving a Cadillac, but the switch from Porsche must have been before COVID.

I get you though. The Ferraris will be good for variety and BMW aren’t sitting on their hands.
Yes, the mention of Earl Bamber raised my eyebrows too, as I'd obviously missed his leaving Porsche.

Like @Cap'n Jack says, it'd be good to see some entry lists.

I watched Qualifying and Race 1 just now - I'm supporting Richard and Sam Neary in the #8 Abba Racing car, and hence I was gutted to see Richard spin it after just 5 mins of qualifying, sending them to the back of the grid for race 1.

Brilliant drive from Richard and Sam Neary in the race to put them in P11, passing Marciello on the last turn, and taking 7 places made them the best improvers in the race AFAIK. Solid win for the other father and son combo on the track too...

I will hopefully catch Race 2 this afternoon as well.

Last edited:
Lovely weather at Oulton today. Race 1 a bit of a mess with the long FCY period and then the confusion over a possible penalty for the leader. Hopefully race 2 is a bit drier and we can really see what the cars can do.

Lovely weather at Oulton today. Race 1 a bit of a mess with the long FCY period and then the confusion over a possible penalty for the leader. Hopefully race 2 is a bit drier and we can really see what the cars can do.
Yeah I woke up at 4:30am unintentionally and turned it on to see that it was going to be a rainy one. I saw a GT4 Supra crash into the barriers under FCY.

A disappointing end to the day's racing, but another great drive from the Nearys - they made up 10 places and finished 8th after having made up 7 spots in Race 1, arguably the drivers of the day today... but I'm sure they will be gutted about the spin in qualifying that put them 18th on the grid - very tough on them, but otherwise their speed was looking very impressive.

Not a great advert for GT3 at Oulton Park unfortunately, and I'm not in a particular rush to travel there for a race - however the 3h race at Silverstone sounds very tasty... despite the disappointment of not being able to go to Donnington (as a guest of Richard Neary) last season, I'm keen to make it to at least one race this year, though it's too late to organise a trip to Silverstone for the next race.

Yeah wasn't the best of conditions and bit of safety car intervention, but was good see the Mustang finish strong on debut. Was the only car I could hear the mic pick up. :cheers:

A side note - watching this series as a GT7 player is so painful. I want these cars. Need to put some serious time into ACC instead.
Definitely cool vision from the rear facing GT3 cameras to see the rooster tails. The game replicates the spray pretty good.

A disappointing end to the day's racing, but another great drive from the Nearys - they made up 10 places and finished 8th after having made up 7 spots in Race 1, arguably the drivers of the day today... but I'm sure they will be gutted about the spin in qualifying that put them 18th on the grid - very tough on them, but otherwise their speed was looking very impressive.

Not a great advert for GT3 at Oulton Park unfortunately, and I'm not in a particular rush to travel there for a race - however the 3h race at Silverstone sounds very tasty... despite the disappointment of not being able to go to Donnington (as a guest of Richard Neary) last season, I'm keen to make it to at least one race this year, though it's too late to organise a trip to Silverstone for the next race.
I've been to a few circuits watching British GT over the last few years.
Oulton park is great for spectating (on a dry day) There are spots where you can see a lot of the track.
Donington is my favourite for spectating, great circuit!
You can walk round both in the space of a race, but also some really great static spectating spots
I go to both these tracks multiple times a year for various meetings.

Silverstone was my least favourite, far too big and flat and not many spots where you can see more than a fraction of the track.
Rubbish for walking around, seem to walk forever and get nowhere.
Only a couple of stands are open for BGT too.
I'm glad I went once for the experience, but I won't be going again.

But YMMV, everyone is different, I wouldn't advise you to not go to Silverstone, you might like it. But I'd definitely try and go to Oulton and Donington at some point. US Autoshow at Oulton is definitely worth a visit.

Abba will also be competing in the GT Cup, Richard Neary will be racing with Ian Loggie of 2 Seas this year, rather than with Sam.
That is a good watch at all the same circuits, less busy than British GT, but has a slightly different class system so you can see some different cars. Last year there was a Brabham and a Mosler, the year before a Radical in the GT Open class.
GT Cup will be at Oulton Park in June as part of the Supercar Pageant, this is well worth a visit!

I'd love to go to Brands Hatch, but it's so far from me!

06. / 07.04.2024 Live from 08:15 UTC+2

ADAC Nürburgring Langstrecken-Serie - NLS 1: 64. ADAC ACAS Cup

ADAC Nürburgring Langstrecken-Serie - NLS 2: 63. ADAC Reinoldus-Langstreckenrennen

Watched the opening race of the Fanatec GT World Challenge online today - I really enjoyed the race, and I'm regretting a bit my decision not to go back to Spa this year. Ironically, however, I hardly followed the race at all while I was actually there, and so I'm very much looking forward to watching the whole thing (well, most of it) online in June.

Last edited:
Watched the opening race of the Fanatec GT World Challenge online today - I really enjoyed the race, and I'm regretting a bit my decision not to go back to Spa this year. Ironically, however, I hardly followed the race at all while I was actually there, and so I'm very much looking forward to watching the whole thing (well, most of it) online in June.
If it's raining cats & dogs at Spa for the 24hr, I'm betting you won't regret your decision one little bit.

On top of that, watching online makes those yellow flag/caution periods just that tiny bit more tolerable.

Not sure what the story is here, but the team manager of Proton Huber Racing, Gerhard Freundorfer, has been killed in an "incident" involving his own team truck in the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya paddock today during the ELMS Prologue...

That V12 should sound magnificent.

As the article mentions, their father Sam used to race in Formula Holden around 1990.
I can remember that.

It's yet another example of the offspring growing up & making their debut, as did their fathers & me recalling their graduation from karting.

It's starting to make me feel old.

That V12 should sound magnificent.

As the article mentions, their father Sam used to race in Formula Holden around 1990.
I can remember that.

It's yet another example of the offspring growing up & making their debut, as did their fathers & me recalling their graduation from karting.

It's starting to make me feel old.
Starting? I still can’t believe I’m three years older than Craig Lowndes. :lol:

Starting? I still can’t believe I’m three years older than Craig Lowndes. :lol:
I'm 54 in August & I have followed Craig since his first races in Formula Ford as a 16yo.

Frank, his father, gave me 6 laps at Sandown in that very car just days before the opening round of the 1991 ATCC.

Yeah he’s been racing for so long. When I had just started watching V8s and heard of Lowndes(around ‘97, ‘98), I thought he was in that age group between Scott Pruett and Jason Plato. Didn’t realise he was literally “The Kid”.

Qualifying race 2 is just getting under way now:

I watched Top Qualifying this morning before going for a walk - I got home 4 minutes before Race 2 started - and the beauty of the Nordschleife is that there's enough time to cook a fried breakfast during the warm-up lap :lol:

Last edited:
Back