GT rally intermediate (Common problem???)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Killer Cobra
  • 10 comments
  • 1,099 views
Messages
74
Messages
scotland2810
Hey, just brough a nice new scooby to do the GTrally (Inter) and it keeps crashing no matter what event i click on be it snow dirty or track. Ive left it to load for 20mins now and still stuck with a full bar at the loading stage with nothing else happening.

Is this a common problem with this race or is it just my copy? I brought the collectors edition so :S Im getting rather :grumpy: now as it was 300k i splashed out on a worthless car now :(

HELP!!!

(Sorry about spelling)
 
Hey, just brough a nice new scooby to do the GTrally (Inter) and it keeps crashing no matter what event i click on be it snow dirty or track. Ive left it to load for 20mins now and still stuck with a full bar at the loading stage with nothing else happening.

Is this a common problem with this race or is it just my copy? I brought the collectors edition so :S Im getting rather :grumpy: now as it was 300k i splashed out on a worthless car now :(

HELP!!!

(Sorry about spelling)

Just yours. Your PS3 is struggling. Do you have the fat PS3? Those have been reported to struggle and could get YLOD.

Let it cool down for an hour or so. You've been playing too much.
 
When you turn it off put a fan next to it, otherwise the curcuit board will still be hot but the fans won't be turning so thats when I think that damage from YLOD is caused.
 
I had this issue also, but only with the intermediate tarmac. It would reach a full loading bar and just sit. Did this several times before I gave up and tried it later, at which time it worked. No issues with the dirt and snow. I never saw a thread on here, so I figured I was the only one :boggled:
 
Happened the same to me, PAL launch PS3 with not much use.

I tried a different day and the same crash happened, so the cause it's not overheating on fat ps3s.
 
That happened to me in 3 separate ocasions, I just turned my ps3 off and called it a day. Next day it works fine. ( my game sessions have been of 2 to 3 hours, I usually only have time for one hour of playing but since the game is new, I can't put it down)

*edit* fat launch 60gb ps3
 
Well i got a fat 60gb from when they were first put out. Might be a version 2 and its never had any problems with long sessions. Brothers have played it for 15+ hours at a time without a hitch, tonight it was only a max of 3 hour session with breaks. Some other seem to be having it with the PAL version so it might be a problem software side of things. And Temps seems out of the question, its cooler to the feel than normal. Its just really starting to get on the nerv :(
 
I also have a launch 60gb fat and it has happened on the Intermediate tarmac rally with me aswell, with me it happens when I use the soft intermediate tires, have tested this about 5 times now...put it on medium tires and it loads immediately??? Have tried it both after playing for a couple of hours and after the ps has taken a days rest and starting up fresh...so doubt overheating is the problem...
 
I do not have this problem with my bundled blue slim PS3...
 
There is a bug on the Rally Special events, some times they don't load for some reason, just restart the game and it will work. This happened to me a few times in each of the levels, but has never happened entering any other race.
 
There is a bug on the Rally Special events, some times they don't load for some reason, just restart the game and it will work. This happened to me a few times in each of the levels, but has never happened entering any other race.


+1 i just hold the ps button, quit the game and start GT5 again. It loads up nice and quick the second time. Have not had to do it a third time yet. this happened to me about 3 times so far.
 
Back