GT Sport broken since PS4 Pro, detailed description

• Thread starter Toby808
  • 28 comments

Did anyone elses GT Sport break after switching to a PS4 Pro?

• Yes

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • No

Votes: 23 88.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Poland
Poland
Hi Folks,

I absolutely love GT Sport but since i switched from the old PS4 (first model) to the PS 4 Pro in December 2k17, I have nothing but problems with this game:
  • First of all, my daily count sometimes doesn’t count at all, i can drive 100km at one session, after i finish and go back to the games home screen it says 0 km.
  • 70% of the time my Liveries won’t load at all, if they’re loading, it takes a long time.
  • If they don't load my car will show up the way i bought/won it. (The liveries I create are usually just mileage-point colour changes, so nothing major or crazy with decals etc.)
  • My Liveries upload very rarely too, it just stays at the 0% screen and nothing will happen.
  • Sometimes the game will just freeze in the loading screen, even when I give it some time (1 hour) nothing will happen. Just the loading wheel on a black screen.
It’s frustrating, every update I hope my errors are getting fixed, but it’s always the same.

Additional info:

My Internet: 1000/100 (down/up)

If I check my network connection on the PS it usually is above 700/90 (which should be more than needed in the first place), connected via cable cat. 7. (Yes i tried wifi too, same issues)

I deleted my temporary data in the game.

I deleted GT Sport, reinstalled it, same errors immediately.

I rebuilt my database in Safemode - still same issues.

Heck, i even formatted my PS4 Pro, reinstalled everything again, same errors

UPDATE: static IP address did not work also

Every other online game works fine.

I bought a Playstastion instead of an XBOX because I love Gran Turismo. It’s my favourite game... Go figure -_-

Now, when I play at my friends house who owns the old (first model) PS4, and log into my account and play GT Sport, the game works flawlessly, the liveries work, daily training works, the game just works as it should. (On a 20/4 internet connection, wifi)

The game worked for me on my old PS4 flawlessly too, always. All of the above issues started after I changed it with the PS4 Pro, to play it in 4K HDR

Thing is tho', it's only with Gran Turismo Sport, all the other games, GTA V, Call Of Duty, etc etc just work as they should; off and online.

Please help me. :(

Last edited:
Have you tried deleting your save game? You must delete your console’s save and after starting the game choose to start a new game (not use the server save file).

no i did not. but won't this delete my current save game?
Well, yeah that’s the point of doing it.

After reading your post though, I’m afraid that’s the only thing left to try. I once had a similar problem; my progress wouldn’t save anymore. I’ve tried everything in the world. At the end I had to delete the progress there was just no other way.

Well, yeah that’s the point of doing it.

After reading your post though, I’m afraid that’s the only thing left to try. I once had a similar problem; my progress wouldn’t save anymore. I’ve tried everything in the world. At the end I had to delete the progress there was just no other way.
but what if it doesn't work, is there a possibility to save this somehow before i try it?

Last edited:
but what if it doesn't work, is there a possibility to save this somehow before i try it?
Despite there’s a thread about backing up one’s save data, there is no way to use it after deleting it from GT servers. That is from my personal experience and from PS support. I know, it sucks. I hope it somehow works out for you though. Keep us posted how you managed.

Despite there’s a thread about backing up one’s save data, there is no way to use it after deleting it from GT servers. That is from my personal experience and from PS support. I know, it sucks. I hope it somehow works out for you though. Keep us posted how you managed.
but why would my account, with my saves, work perfectly on my friends playstation?

There is little to no body of evidence suggesting that GT Sport doesn't run correctly on the Pro.

That leaves me thinking 2 options.
It's the game install, or it's the console.

but why would my account, with my saves, work perfectly on my friends playstation?

I think rhe problem may lie in having your account synced to two different consoles. Try deleting the game data and PSN account from the old console and then try it out. Hope that helps.

I think rhe problem may lie in having your account synced to two different consoles. Try deleting the game data and PSN account from the old console and then try it out. Hope that helps.
already done, as i wrote already, i even formatted my console so it was like brand new and installed everything from scratch. there is no second console

It doesn’t rule out that your PS4 can’t handle a save game started on another PS4. Try creating another PS4 account, do some GT progress, save game, load game and see if the problem is there too.
will do

Last edited by a moderator:
the problem is there since i bought the ps4 pro, december 2017, i only recently, like 2 weeks ago loggin into his ps, to check if he has the same problems. he doesnt.
i logged into his account just 1hr ago, the same problems

is it possible that it's my console?
and if yes, why only gt sport?

Downloads it to the same area of the HDD with bad sectors?
I don't know, I'm guessing.

But considering all other details, it seems fair to include the hardware as possibly being part of the problem.
What's left?
Dirty, scratched game disc?

Try once again resetting to factory settings and take it to your mates place to download/update if possible.
Download the server save, etc.
And then, don't rush the game.
Open the garage and wait for all cars to load.
Open library and allow all those things to load.

Who knows?

Have you tried removing all gt sport install data and save data from all accounts on your PS4 pro (you can back it up in the cloud or if you want to make sure your PlayStation doesn't automatically restore the save game, backup to USB and delete from PlayStation and the cloud), then create a new psn account (or use one on which gt sport has never been played), install the game again, play around a little, then see if the problem maintains? If it doesn't, then I would guess it means there's something wrong in the savedata, maybe like a synchronization error between the savegames and the server.

People have said it already but, is it a new PS4 Pro? If so, I would suggest reporting this to Sony. It might be faulty hardware.
What if you try to create a brand new account and playing on it? Do you have the same issues? If you do not, the issues are probably save file related.

People have said it already but, is it a new PS4 Pro? If so, I would suggest reporting this to Sony. It might be faulty hardware.
What if you try to create a brand new account and playing on it? Do you have the same issues? If you do not, the issues are probably save file related.
I suggested this earlier I wonder what are the results.

Downloads it to the same area of the HDD with bad sectors?
I don't know, I'm guessing.

But considering all other details, it seems fair to include the hardware as possibly being part of the problem.
What's left?
Dirty, scratched game disc?

Try once again resetting to factory settings and take it to your mates place to download/update if possible.
Download the server save, etc.
And then, don't rush the game.
Open the garage and wait for all cars to load.
Open library and allow all those things to load.

Who knows?
That is exactly what i did, besides taking it to my friends place for download/upload. But why would it work perfectly on the old PS4.. same internet and everything. The problems began immediately after I copied everything from my old PS4 to my new PS4 Pro, well and everything else i did is in my post. I have a feeling it is hardware related, i don't know why only GT Sport... The CD looks brand new

Did you deactivate your old console and make the new one your primary console for the account?

Worth a look.

(Fixed auto-spelling mistakes, lol)

Yep, done instantly

Yes it was a new PS4 Pro.

I have the same issues. This problem has started in December 2017. In May I have upgraded to PS4 Pro, thinking that the problem is in my old PS4 console, however the issue is still there. There is absolutely nothing I can do about this. Sometimes daily mileage is there, sometimes not, the same with liveries, my statistics disappear and almost every time I go to main menu it freezes to death. It seems to me that the problem is with servers, however I suppose nobody at GT cares. The game is gorgeous, and I would love to play it daily, but it's unplayable...

Back