GT Sport, but in GT2 mod?

Italy
Italy
Hey, I was thinking... Is it possible to make a GT2 mod that features GT Sport's content? Obviously I realize, 1. The amount of bytes that it would be. 2.the amount of time and work to make something like this. I have no experience in modding, I don't know anything. If I knew how to do it, I'd do it myself. But please, if anyone has nothing better to do in life, wants to waste time, and has experience in modding GT2, do it. It would be such an amazing experience. Please take your time, I don't want to rush anything, I'm sure it's harder then I can EVER imagine (probably needs to disassamble the entire game and rewrite MANY things to do that), but I'm sure it IS possible. I'm sure I am not the only one that would like that.

Last edited:
Hey, I was thinking... Is it possible to make a GT2 mod that features GT Sport's content?

No. Creating new car models is currently not possible, nor new tracks. Hiring an art team to create 300+ car models to the specific restrictions of a PS1 game (plus however many tracks) would also require such a large budget that it'd be better spent making a game from scratch, or modelling the cars to a more modern level of detail for a game with actual mod support like Assetto Corsa. What you're asking for is basically a new GT game, created without any of the tools that Polyphony used to make them, nor any of the source code. It's as close to impossible as you could imagine.

Back