GT Sport Custom Music Playlists - Which tracks are you listening to / recommend?

• Thread starter evldave333
  • 24 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
evildave333

I think we can all agree the music selection in GT Sport is a bit of a mixed bag... I usually make my own playlists to listen to whilst driving focusing on Hi tempo tracks usually DnB or House. Ive compiled a playlist above of some of my favourites that Ive been rinsing whilst driving. Im OCD and often spend hours listening to new releases seeking out good driving tunes (usually only one in a hundred makes the cut). Im curious to hear what tunes get you in a driving mood / make you drive faster post some youtube playlists or links if you can...

I tend to just listen to the in-game music while browsing through the menus. In races, I fire up Media Player and put on the GT4-NTSC Soundtrack.

"It don't mean a thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing!"

I do prefer the earlier soundtracks in the GT series when the first game dropped and original Wipeout too they were iconic...

A couple of tunes that I love to listen to aggressively blitzing around tokyo under the streetlights at night... I think they really suit it

The point at two minutes in were this tune kicks in makes me hammer the accelerator lol

Last edited:
I’ve been on a synthwave kick for the past little while, I love it when I am racing. I usually listen to a playlist on spotify, my two go to artists are usually Perturbator and Carpenter Brut.

not a creepy song title at all

if you start it after the warm up when the race loads up, it usually kicks in right when you get control of your car after the 3-2-1 countdown finishes :D

Last edited:
I’ve been on a synthwave kick for the past little while, I love it when I am racing. I usually listen to a playlist on spotify, my two go to artists are usually Perturbator and Carpenter Brut.

not a creepy song title at all

if you start it after the warm up when the race loads up, it usually kicks in right when you get control of your car after the 3-2-1 countdown finishes :D

Defo driving tunes to get heavy on the accelerator!

Any liquid drum n bass fans might want to check out this fella called Antoninus of Club Amen on Soundcloud, this mix called believe in yourself is an absolute stonker... done many a lap with this blaring away...

Whatever I can to stop hearing that whale or someone’s mother-in-law or whatever song!

I hear ya on that, I think they just licenced stuff cheaply off sonys own labels very hit and miss! At least the driving is fantastic!

My mate fitz-e really knows his drum bass inside and out, he's been collecting for ages and has his own decks set up. This is a heavier drum n bass mix he mixed up himself its perfect to drive to give it a listen...

So many times Ive played Gran Turismo right up to the end of this mix

I have a full playlist of GT Sport sounding music:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/23jFbJpkKjGRA0EjACeXm7?si=3zIIF8LQRGu8ycmKngwtIA

Breathe - Telepopmusik
Holding Again - Anitek
You're Mine (2 Under Par Mix) - Aquatherium
Watching Trees - Eleven Pond
Heart of Hearts - !!!
Run Boy Run - Woodkid
Chlorine - Twenty One Pilots
Farewell To The Fairground - White Lies
Portugal - Eleven Pond
My Favourite Game - Grace Savage; The Cardigans
Just a Beat - Jack Beats
The Sparrows and The Nightingales - Wolfsheim
The Way You Love - Electro Sphere
No Yellow Lines - Mount Sims
Throw It In The Fire - Phantoms
Cream On Chrome - Ratatat
Endless Cold - Fragrance
Another World - Beborn Beton
Improper Dancing - Electric Six
Derrick is a Strange Machine - Ashbury Heights
Scumbag Blues - Them Crooked Vultures
Patterns - Band of Skulls
Cities in Dust - Siouxie and the Banshees
Hush - Deep Purple
Riders on the Storm (RedDub Remix) - Rassek; The Doors
High Horse - Marshal Franklin-Ravel
Voltaic Control System - Die Form
Guess Who's a Mess - Brad Sucks
Don't Stop - Foster The People
Undercover Martyn - Two Door Cinema Club

Last edited:
I don't want to stay focused on the same tracks. So I decided to create a Spotify playlist that contains all the eurobeat/hi-nrg/"hyper-techno" tracks available for Europeans and Americans. There's around 3600 tracks, and you never listen to the same track twice in the same day.
And the Spotify app on PS4 works well with GT Sport by setting the game music to 0 (unlike Assetto Corsa).

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0oDUGo6lmaDaTdYOXaBvkk?si=k5aNtggzTuOrMPGJoS5Cjg

And the Spotify app on PS4 works well with GT Sport by setting the game music to 0 (unlike Assetto Corsa).
GT Sport detects if you are playing your own music (either with spotify or the usb music player) and turns off the game music when other music is playing on the PlayStation. (Not all games do this but GT Sport does) the only music that still plays is that music for when you win a race.
So you don't need to set game music to 0.

GT Sport detects if you are playing your own music (either with spotify or the usb music player) and turns off the game music when other music is playing on the PlayStation. (Not all games do this but GT Sport does) the only music that still plays is that music for when you win a race.
So you don't need to set game music to 0.

So does it fade out Spotify in some parts? i.e. where the game music wouldn't be playing

Is there an option to remove certain titles from the music selection that is played in the main menu? There is a list of all titles in the library section but no option to select/unselect which you want to listen to. There used to be an option like that in previous GT titles.

Back