GT Sport Digital £10.99 Until 8th Aug 18

  • Thread starter Thread starter I_Leak_Oil
  • 22 comments
  • 1,479 views
Messages
141
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Thats it I am converting to Digital! Actually I will get the Deluxe as this is £18.99 and has some credits which I need for the 787B

I have a question though, If I do this and download it will I lose by current cars/credits or will it automatically top up what I have?

It’s a bargain and is good to send PD some cash after all the free updates!
 
I did that with Driveclub, went digital for about £6. I waited till the price went back up, & then sold my physical copy on. The change cost me next to nothing.

And, I bought GT Sport last month for £15.99 - DOH!


:lol:
 
Thats it I am converting to Digital! Actually I will get the Deluxe as this is £18.99 and has some credits which I need for the 787B

I have a question though, If I do this and download it will I lose by current cars/credits or will it automatically top up what I have?

It’s a bargain and is good to send PD some cash after all the free updates!
That's a great price! I got GT Sport the last time it was on sale in the store for £15.99.

I think your game save will be just as valid for a digital copy but i'll let someone else give you that answer as i'm not 100% sure of any loss to you.
 
$24.95 here $39.95 for the deluxe - $15 for a dozen cars and 2 million credits and assorted frills...

To be honest a tenner vs $25 - you could probably wait it out a bit for a deeper discount if you can stand living with a disc.
 
Nice. Its that price for ps plus owners. Here's a pic of that

Screenshot_20180725-123800.png


Also The crew 2 is £30/£35 for standard/deluxe editions.
Burnout Paradise £12.
Wipeout £13 on ps plus.
Project CARS £20/£25 for standard/deluxe editions, season pass £15.
Gravel under £14 on ps plus, £17 for special edition.
 
Last edited:
Thats it I am converting to Digital! Actually I will get the Deluxe as this is £18.99 and has some credits which I need for the 787B

I have a question though, If I do this and download it will I lose by current cars/credits or will it automatically top up what I have?

It’s a bargain and is good to send PD some cash after all the free updates!

Beware you have the re-download the entire 80 GB it's up to now. I tried switching to digital before yet the game won't launch until you first erase every bit of the physical install (and updates) from the console and then download it from scratch. Of course after backing up you save data to the cloud or USB stick.

I got a refund instead as my bandwidth is capped and it would likely take 2 days to download. I can't go that long without racing!
 
Beware you have the re-download the entire 80 GB it's up to now. I tried switching to digital before yet the game won't launch until you first erase every bit of the physical install (and updates) from the console and then download it from scratch. Of course after backing up you save data to the cloud or USB stick.

No, you will not lose your current cars/credits.

Seems that they're right - I've just done the same - but at this moment I'm still waiting for another ~45 gb...

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/install.362501/page-2
 
No, you will not lose your current cars/credits.

Yeah I'm out. There's no way I'm paying money to Sony so I put more risk and work on myself....
 
Tempting. Does the game still have online save only?
 
MXH
Tempting. Does the game still have online save only?
There's a manual save option but the game will not save any progress unless online. Being an online championship focused game this shouldn't come as a surprise to be honest.
 
VBR
And, I bought GT Sport last month for £15.99 - DOH!

£10.99 is only with PS Plus, which I don't have. So, £15.99 was actually a bargain.
 
There's a manual save option but the game will not save any progress unless online. Being an online championship focused game this shouldn't come as a surprise to be honest.
Welp. Nice digital paper weight in the (near) future then.
 
MXH
Welp. Nice digital paper weight in the (near) future then.
Yup. As soon as the next GT is out for sure lol.
 
I bought it on sale for $20 to go digital since my disc drive was acting up and ejecting the disc in the middle of the game. I tried every fix I could find on Youtube. $20 was so worth it to not have to deal with that disc ejecting!!!
 
Beware you have the re-download the entire 80 GB it's up to now. I tried switching to digital before yet the game won't launch until you first erase every bit of the physical install (and updates) from the console and then download it from scratch. Of course after backing up you save data to the cloud or USB stick.

I got a refund instead as my bandwidth is capped and it would likely take 2 days to download. I can't go that long without racing!

Hi, thanks.

Yes, I had to delete it and redownload. Crazy I don’t know why it cannot just convert to a digital?

Any way it’s just finished downloading and all ok. I know have 2.6 million so hopefully enough for the 787B and Mercedes F1
 
Hi, thanks.

Yes, I had to delete it and redownload. Crazy I don’t know why it cannot just convert to a digital?

Any way it’s just finished downloading and all ok. I know have 2.6 million so hopefully enough for the 787B and Mercedes F1

Hopefully the 787B will be inline with the pricing of the other Gr.1s in GTS and you can pick it up. I'd probably grind a bit, just incase.

In GT5 it was 5.26 million, in GT6 it was 2.1 million.

Screenshot_2018-07-26-22-53-19.png
 
Must ... resist ... urge ... to .... buy ... digital ... copy. At that price, GT Sport is an absolute steal. I hated the idea of an online focused GT, didn't even bother with the demo, but I caved when the GT League was announced. I have now driven for more than 300 hours in this game, most of it against human players, and have enjoyed (almost) every moment of it.
 
There's a manual save option but the game will not save any progress unless online. Being an online championship focused game this shouldn't come as a surprise to be honest.
And yet, damn near all content added is single player/campaign stuff, lol.

Anyway, 11 quid is hilariously desperate to recoup losses this early into the games hoped life really. Was only on sale at 13 quid a little while back.

Seems they can't give it away. :)

5.5m players clearly isn't translating to 5.5m copies, lol.
 
And yet, damn near all content added is single player/campaign stuff, lol.

Anyway, 11 quid is hilariously desperate to recoup losses this early into the games hoped life really. Was only on sale at 13 quid a little while back.

Seems they can't give it away. :)

5.5m players clearly isn't translating to 5.5m copies, lol.
Aye we need more variations to the online content as well in my opinion, but we'll have to wait and see what they have planned.

I see your point but I welcome the price drops for new players to the series. Very unusual for a GT to be so cheap I admit. But hey, it's a win win for those who heard all the negative reviews right?

I was sceptical at launch about the game. Rightly so with lack of content at launch, (even now the track list looks very sparse for example). But i'm glad I picked it up at 16 quid.

I think new players will be too.
 
Anyway, 11 quid is hilariously desperate to recoup losses this early into the games hoped life really. Was only on sale at 13 quid a little while back.

How do you know they have made a loss? They have sold a few million copies of the game for Sony, as well as people subscribing to Playstation Plus will bump up revenue for Sony.
 
Aye we need more variations to the online content as well in my opinion, but we'll have to wait and see what they have planned.

I see your point but I welcome the price drops for new players to the series. Very unusual for a GT to be so cheap I admit. But hey, it's a win win for those who heard all the negative reviews right?

I was sceptical at launch about the game. Rightly so with lack of content at launch, (even now the track list looks very sparse for example). But i'm glad I picked it up at 16 quid.

I think new players will be too.

Oh absolutely. A bargain for new players and if only a short burst of fun, easily affordable. Potential is there.
How do you know they have made a loss? They have sold a few million copies of the game for Sony, as well as people subscribing to Playstation Plus will bump up revenue for Sony.
How do you know they have. We can both speculate here dude.
But in an era where most gaming is online in some form, to say most, if not all players already had plus before this game would be pretty fair.

But of course, someone didn't. Fair play.
 
Back