GT Sport, DriveHub, G920 / Fanatec Emulation and Pedal Calibration

United States
United States
This is a strange scenario. Wondering if anyone else has figured this out.

Recently bought a PS4 to try GT Sport. Bought a DriveHub to use my G920 wheel/pedal combo.

I was very disappointed with the FFB experience (compared to PC2 or even FM7). I bought (and returned) a G29 to rule out that DriveHub was the problem. Turns out the FFB experience is not so great on the G29/920. Pedals worked fine though.

I emailed the DriveHub rep and he suggested I try the Fanatec Mode (which tells GT Sport that the G920 is a Fanatec wheel/pedal combo). It made a significant difference in FFB experience. I could feel understeer, more road surface details. It was fun!

EXCEPT...

The brake pedal was lousy. Specifically, I'm 6'1" and 205lbs and I couldn't get more than 60% or 70% brake pressure. (This is quite the opposite of what many others have had issues with in GT Sport with G29 pedals. But in this scenario, GT Sport thinks this wheel is a Fanatec.)

I've been searching for ways to calibrate the pedals in GT Sport and have had no such luck. Curious if anyone else has cracked this nut. I haven't heard back from DriveHub on this yet either.

I'd love to have the FFB that DriveHub's Fanatec Mode provides with the pedal performance that the Logitech mode provides. Thanks for any help you may provide.

I use the same setup but with the rubber bumper removed from the brake pedal, I now have full travel and a linear brake pedal using my own db9 to rj12 adapter and the below TM rj12 to USB adapter, with this setup you plug your pedals into the accessories port on the drive hub. The pedals will then auto calibrate. TM also do a db9 to rj12 adapter.

http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_UK/products/db9-pedals-trj12-adapter
[URL]http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_UK/products/trj12-usb-adapter[/URL]
http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_UK/products/db9-pedals-trj12-adapter
Note - You could try removing the brake bump stop first.

This is a great idea.

So to clarify...

You use TM adapters with the Logitech pedals?

Wondering if it would be simpler to just get a db9 to usb cable — or is the rj12 necessary?

Note: I’m connecting to a PS4 via USB.

Thanks again.

Ended up ordering a db9 to USB cable from Ricmotech. Apparently spec'd for Logitech pedals specifically. Not cheap!

If you're referring to the Leo Bodnar cable, it's not officially supported by Drive Hub, so I don't know if it will even work. Please let us know if it does.

This is a great idea.

So to clarify...

You use TM adapters with the Logitech pedals?

Wondering if it would be simpler to just get a db9 to usb cable — or is the rj12 necessary?

Note: I’m connecting to a PS4 via USB.

Thanks again.
I am using a G920 thru a Drivehub, with Logitech pedals connected thru TM adapter and home made db9 to rj12 adapter connected to the drivehub accessories port.

I am not sure the Leo bodnar cable is supported by the drivehub, and I don't think the PS4 will accept the pedals being connected separately to the wheel base.

Update: Cancelled the Bodnar cable order and used Ricmotech to order the TM rj12 to USB adapter as well as a db9 to rj12 adapter they carry (TM doesn't offer one in the US). Will post again if it works.

Update: I've been using the G920 with DriveHub, the TM RJ12 to USB adapter, and the DB9 to RJ12 adapter with a PS4 Pro and GT Sport without any issues. I'm using the DriveHub in Fanatec mode which, in my experience, gives a better FFB experience in GT Sport with the G920 wheel. The pedals seem to be working fine (which was the whole reason for all of the adapters).

I also received the new CoPilot and it seems to work fine except that the gas pedal does not seem to be reaching 100% in the GT Sport HUD. I've put in an email to support about this but haven't heard back. When I use the other adapters mentioned above, there is no issue with brake or gas percentages so far.

I am using a G920 thru a Drivehub, with Logitech pedals connected thru TM adapter and home made db9 to rj12 adapter connected to the drivehub accessories port.

I am not sure the Leo bodnar cable is supported by the drivehub, and I don't think the PS4 will accept the pedals being connected separately to the wheel base.

Goonie75 would you mind sharing the pin layout between RJ12 and DB9 to work with the TM RJ12 to DB9 adapter.

Hi LogiRife

I am using Fanatec gear now, but pretty sure this is the diagram I used.

I can see if I still have the adapter tomorrow. Pics of what I did here https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/drive-hub-racing-wheel-converter.358306/page-53#post-13091839
upload_2020-11-29_23-41-8.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi LogiRife

I am using Fanatec gear now, but pretty sure this is the diagram I used.

I can see if I still have the adapter tomorrow. Pics of what I did here https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/drive-hub-racing-wheel-converter.358306/page-53#post-13091839
View attachment 974939

Hi Goonie75, thank you for the quick reply and info. I just want to make sure that the schematic is correct as I have made up an Arduino Leonardo board that accepts the G29 wheel DB9 input and output to USB for the PC. However I need my TM T.RJ12 - DB9 to work on my PS4. The layout of my DB9 pins connected to my G29 Wheel is different from your schematic and have also measured the DB9 pin back to my Pedals.

This is the layout of the Arduino Leonardo board.
DB9 - Pin 1 to Ground (Arduino Leonardo) - You have +5V on this pin
DB9 - Pin 2 to Gas (Arduino Leonardo)
DB9 - Pin 3 to Brake (Arduino Leonardo)
DB9 - Pin 4 to Clutch (Arduino Leonardo)
DB9 - Pin 6 and 9 to +5V (Arduino Leonardo) - You have ground to this Pin 6 and no wire on 9

I also have measured all possible combinations on my T.RJ12 side of the TM adapter and the highest Voltage was +3V. Is this normal that the voltage is 3V and not 5V?

But if you can confirm tomorrow after looking at your cable that your cable and schematic concurs I will go ahead and make the cable up. Please also confirm that your RJ12 pin 1 is the color - White.

I am sure we will sort this out between us and then share the final schematic with the rest of the members. I have a Richmotech loadcell conversion on the brake and with Assetto Corsa Competizione on my PC I just love the linear brake with the Arduino board bypassing the Logitech Wheel base. This is the reason behind me getting the Drivehub, yet to be delivered, to have a linear brake on the PS4 with much better graphics that my current aging PC.

Hi Goonie75, thank you for the quick reply and info. I just want to make sure that the schematic is correct as I have made up an Arduino Leonardo board that accepts the G29 wheel DB9 input and output to USB for the PC. However I need my TM T.RJ12 - DB9 to work on my PS4. The layout of my DB9 pins connected to my G29 Wheel is different from your schematic and have also measured the DB9 pin back to my Pedals.

This is the layout of the Arduino Leonardo board.
DB9 - Pin 1 to Ground (Arduino Leonardo) - You have +5V on this pin
DB9 - Pin 2 to Gas (Arduino Leonardo)
DB9 - Pin 3 to Brake (Arduino Leonardo)
DB9 - Pin 4 to Clutch (Arduino Leonardo)
DB9 - Pin 6 and 9 to +5V (Arduino Leonardo) - You have ground to this Pin 6 and no wire on 9

I also have measured all possible combinations on my T.RJ12 side of the TM adapter and the highest Voltage was +3V. Is this normal that the voltage is 3V and not 5V?

But if you can confirm tomorrow after looking at your cable that your cable and schematic concurs I will go ahead and make the cable up. Please also confirm that your RJ12 pin 1 is the color - White.

I am sure we will sort this out between us and then share the final schematic with the rest of the members. I have a Richmotech loadcell conversion on the brake and with Assetto Corsa Competizione on my PC I just love the linear brake with the Arduino board bypassing the Logitech Wheel base. This is the reason behind me getting the Drivehub, yet to be delivered, to have a linear brake on the PS4 with much better graphics that my current aging PC.

Hi LogiRife,

Sorry for the delay, I thought I threw the adapter away after I sold my G920.

Yes I cab confirm this is the diagram I used, the only difference is that I ran the second GND RJ12 pin 5 to DB9 pin 8, can't remember why.

I also made a second cable where I switched the brake and clutch around when I messing with different springs and bumpers etc, plus I liked the split pedals better as I didn't use the clutch.

I can't answer the T.Rj12 adapter voltage question as I don't think I have it anymore.

Thanks a lot Goonie75. I have measured at the wheel of the G29 and found that the voltage is indeed 3V.

I will try the layout tomorrow and give feedback

Hi Goonie75

So I have sorted the layout now. The only thing is that the max voltage of 3V is achieved and if all pedals are connnected the the voltage drop to 1.85V. I also have the Richmotech loadcell conversion which makes this adapter useless with not supplying enough power. Anyway below are the layout for those who wish to try. THIS WAS TESTED WITH THE PROGRAM THAT COMES WITH THE ADAPTER.

Rj12 male Db9 female
1 White 9 3volt +
2 Black 1 Ground
3 Red - ----
4 Geen 4 Clutch
5 Yellow 2 Gas
6 Blue 3 Brake

Last edited:
Hi Goonie75

So I have sorted the layout now. The only thing is that the max voltage of 3V is achieved and if all pedals are connnected the the voltage drop to 1.85V. I also have the Richmotech loadcell conversion which makes this adapter useless with not supplying enough power. Anyway below are the layout for those who wish to try. THIS WAS TESTED WITH THE PROGRAM THAT COMES WITH THE ADAPTER.

Rj12 male Db9 female
1 White 9 3volt +
2 Black 1 Ground
3 Red - ----
4 Geen 4 Clutch
5 Yellow 2 Gas
6 Blue 3 Brake

Hi fellow GtPlanet subscribers I just want to give an update of my situation with the G29 and PS4 pro combination.

I have installed the Richmotech Loadcell kit about 2 years back and trying to connect to the DriveHub via the Thrustmaster RJ12 to USB connector was not successful even after I have sorted out the wiring as feedback on December 4, 2020. When testing the Trustmaster RJ12-USB on my PC to do the calibration first I could calibrate the gas and clutch pedal, without the Loadcell Brake connected. Once I connected the Brake loadcell the bars dropped very low and thus this made the Thrustmaster RJ12-USB useless.

I contacted Collectiveminds and ordered both the Drivehub and the Co-Pilot. I plugged the Wheel into the DriveHb and connected the Pedals to the Co-pilot and the Co-Pilot to the DriveHub accessories port. (yes the Co-Pilot has USB out port to connect to the DriveHub Accessories port).

What is my experience. Whow ! !!! my brakes are now on par with the Pedals connected via my Arduino board connected to my PC and playing Asseto Corsa Competizione. At last my Brake pedal are now linear and the control with pressure on my brakes are so so fantastic. This is how Logitech should have made the brakes in the fist place.

I enjoy my GT Sport with linear braking and locking up the wheels a lot less.

Hi fellow GtPlanet subscribers I just want to give an update of my situation with the G29 and PS4 pro combination.

I have installed the Richmotech Loadcell kit about 2 years back and trying to connect to the DriveHub via the Thrustmaster RJ12 to USB connector was not successful even after I have sorted out the wiring as feedback on December 4, 2020. When testing the Trustmaster RJ12-USB on my PC to do the calibration first I could calibrate the gas and clutch pedal, without the Loadcell Brake connected. Once I connected the Brake loadcell the bars dropped very low and thus this made the Thrustmaster RJ12-USB useless.

I contacted Collectiveminds and ordered both the Drivehub and the Co-Pilot. I plugged the Wheel into the DriveHb and connected the Pedals to the Co-pilot and the Co-Pilot to the DriveHub accessories port. (yes the Co-Pilot has USB out port to connect to the DriveHub Accessories port).

What is my experience. Whow ! !!! my brakes are now on par with the Pedals connected via my Arduino board connected to my PC and playing Asseto Corsa Competizione. At last my Brake pedal are now linear and the control with pressure on my brakes are so so fantastic. This is how Logitech should have made the brakes in the fist place.

I enjoy my GT Sport with linear braking and locking up the wheels a lot less.
Do you mind if I ask you. Did you order your Drive Hub recently and are you from the UK and how long did it take if you did ?
I'm thinking about ordering one but it says on their website maybe delays etc and I don't want to be waiting for weeks.
Thanks in advance.

Hi Carl1111

Ok so I am from South Africa and was fortunate that a friend of me inlaws were visiting them in Texas during December. My friend ordered it early December and I only got it mid January from his returning inlaws.

Last edited:
Back