GT Sport graphics worse than they should be?

• Thread starter Branden
  • 6 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi guys just picked up GT sport and am enjoying the game however the in race graphics seem very bad on my launch ps4. In photo mode etc its really stunning, but in a race i have loads of fuzzy textures and jagged edges? Im using a 43inch samsung 4k tv so it cant be a tv issue and Forza 7 on my xbox one has no such issues and when watching YouTube videos they seem less jagged and crisper sharper lines? Anyone have any ideas?

Attachments

• 20190119_084828.jpg
    20190119_084828.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 324
Try an in game screenshot with the share button.

What output settings is your ps4 set at. And what settings do you use on the tv. It's best to turn all post processing off on tv, game mode, no sharpening. Does HDR work and have you calibrated it correctly (if your tv supports it)

Good advice on the screenshot ill try that, the tv is on game mode so thats all as it should be. The issue im noticing is the car outlines for the spoiler/ roof are not smoothed out until you zoom in on them. Same is true for the lights and car badge, they are fine close up but in chase cam jagged and blurry. Ill keep playing with my tv settings though see if i get anywhere as it sounds like it's not the game..

Are you blowing up your launch ps4 1080p image to 4k resolution on that TV? A native 1080p game isn't going to look good when trying to up-scale and output at 4k. If you have a 1080p only TV try playing it on that and see how it looks.

Last edited:
Back