GT Sport Horizon

  • Thread starter Thread starter Corsa
  • 36 comments
  • 2,895 views
After playing the Crew 2 for a few weeks.

Open world racing games are just boring to be honest.

Circuit racing is where its at with competition not to mention getting few tenths to be faster along with watching fuel and tyres.

When it comes to open world racing games no game comes close to Test Unlimited of 2006. That game was magical no open world game has come close to implementing its formula.

Open world racing game die out easily but Test Drive Unlimited was something special.
I think that's because TDU was one of the first open world and massive online racing games (not counting nfs world), and the graphics were really good for the time. It was really great specially in hardcore mode. I spent like 3 years playing it since release. It's a shame TDU 2 was so bad in comparison. They had all to make a great game again but it didn't work.

All I want in GT is some courses like sierra but narrower or the mountain way they showed with each update last year:

 
The main objection I have to an open-world GT is this; lack of formality. I might be in the minority here, but I've always been thrilled by the idea of taking a road car to a sanctioned race event for road cars. As a kid, with the PS1/PS2 era GT games, I would often provide my own commentary for replays, which will also ultimately have to be scrapped. Gone will be the television-style immersion that made it feel like you were in control of a sanctioned race-weekend, but with whatever the heck you felt like driving.
 
Give me a course generator.
 
PD can't make a half game without it being delayed. And that's when they stick to what they know. No way could they make a horizon equivalent.
That is why I wouldn't have any faith in PD making an open world game period. They're just too slow in doing what most of their fans want. An open world racing game is about fun, going fast and, well, pretty anything you can imagine doing with your cars unlike in the world. Not obeying the speed limit and other boring stuff. If one wants that, they got real life driving for that...
Forza Horizon is boring not to mention overrated
Doesn't make your "opinion" any more true though. :sly: And overrated? I don't think so. People just prefer thrill over boredom. Can't blame them if they don't prefer your beloved "esport simulator".
 
I think that only GT lifers — and even then, only a proportion of them — enjoy the "endless amounts of tests", if you mean something like license tests. I always tried to do them first in new games, but as I've met more people who've played GT games, I've found the majority see them as a chore.

It'd be great for Sony to have a proper competitor to Horizon. With PD as its only racing game studio these days it'd seem like a shoe-in, but I can't see the company essentially doubling in size to be able to handle getting two games out in the time it takes for one currently.

If only Sony hadn't shuttered Evo Studios. Asset sharing between it and PD, and a pivot for DriveClub to be set in a true open world, would've been aces.
Don't think that would've been possible. It was rumored Sony intended Driveclub to use the Gran Turismo name, but PD would not allow it and Sony did not want to piss off their most prosperous racing dev.
 
Don't think that would've been possible. It was rumored Sony intended Driveclub to use the Gran Turismo name, but PD would not allow it and Sony did not want to piss off their most prosperous racing dev.

And weirdly, I never suggested Driveclub adopt the GT name... :confused:

In my hypothetical, it would've been up to Sony to enforce the idea that Driveclub was the lighter-hearted companion to GT that Horizon is to Motorsport.
 
Don't think that would've been possible. It was rumored Sony intended Driveclub to use the Gran Turismo name, but PD would not allow it and Sony did not want to piss off their most prosperous racing dev.

I'm dubious of any rumour that involves a studio telling their owner what they are ALLOWED to do with a brand that they own.
 
Back