GT Sport Intro

billynotsilly
billynotsilly
Hi Everyone,

An easy question to answer for someone out there, but for the life of me I can't figure out what the figure is at the start of the GT Sport intro (image attached).

I thought it was a trophy of sorts, although it's an odd looking trophy...

Attachments

• Intro.png
    Intro.png
    11.1 KB · Views: 66
I thought it might be an original Le Mans trophy (running man start) but it's not a modern FIA or Le Mans trophy... Glad you asked, I've been wondering too!

"Also, the trophy that will be presented to the winner of the“FIA GT Online Championships,” which starts next year, was revealed for the first time."

"The sculpture on the pedestal, called the “Unique Forms of Continuity in Space,” was the creation of Italian artist Umberto Boccioni (1913),who headed the futurist movement in Italy. It represents the surprise and fascination of machines first discovered by mankind in the beginning of the 20thcentury, and because it represents the virtues held dear by Gran Turismo, it was selected as the FIA GT Online trophy. The bronze copy of the sculpture, displayed at the TATE Modern museum in UK, was laser-scanned and reproduced by artists at Polyphony Digital after months of passionate work."

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_4117014.html

"Also, the trophy that will be presented to the winner of the“FIA GT Online Championships,” which starts next year, was revealed for the first time."

"The sculpture on the pedestal, called the “Unique Forms of Continuity in Space,” was the creation of Italian artist Umberto Boccioni (1913),who headed the futurist movement in Italy. It represents the surprise and fascination of machines first discovered by mankind in the beginning of the 20thcentury, and because it represents the virtues held dear by Gran Turismo, it was selected as the FIA GT Online trophy. The bronze copy of the sculpture, displayed at the TATE Modern museum in UK, was laser-scanned and reproduced by artists at Polyphony Digital after months of passionate work."

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_4117014.html
Awesome link, thanks for sharing. Old art, new trophy - I like it!

Back