gt sport not working

• Thread starter Momoniu
  • 2 comments
momoniu
Long time reader, few time poster here, I have an issue that I hope the brains trust can help me with, I have the disk ver of GT sport, and after a break from the game for a few months I decided to get back to racing, booted it up and the game loads, and I get to the screen that tells me about a new supra thats in an update. freezes then the ps4 restarts back to the main menu.

The steps I did next are, Cleaned the disk, no good, uninstalled game, reinstalled updates, no good. cleaned disk again, no good. So i figured disk is cactus. so uninstalled game, bought the game online, downloaded game again, still freezes at the same point.

At this point i was thinking the ps4 was having issues, but it plays other games just fine, final fantasy 7 remake is great and I am almost at the end. my daughter plays minecraft for hours at a time no issues.

is there a format the HDD option??? new HDD???

It sounds like your game-save data is corrupt, sadly. There's been several reports like yours from people who have come back to GTS after not having played for a while. Have you tried starting the game as another user?

Long time reader, few time poster here, I have an issue that I hope the brains trust can help me with, I have the disk ver of GT sport, and after a break from the game for a few months I decided to get back to racing, booted it up and the game loads, and I get to the screen that tells me about a new supra thats in an update. freezes then the ps4 restarts back to the main menu.

The steps I did next are, Cleaned the disk, no good, uninstalled game, reinstalled updates, no good. cleaned disk again, no good. So i figured disk is cactus. so uninstalled game, bought the game online, downloaded game again, still freezes at the same point.

At this point i was thinking the ps4 was having issues, but it plays other games just fine, final fantasy 7 remake is great and I am almost at the end. my daughter plays minecraft for hours at a time no issues.

is there a format the HDD option??? new HDD???

That's a tough one. Might be some kind of a save file conflict (local vs cloud vs GTS servers, who knows). At this point I'd recommend deleting all save files (local and cloud). You will lose your progress and have to start over but at least you'll be able to play the game. If that doesn't do it then delete all save files first (local and cloud) and then delete and reinstall the game. The reinstall might not be necessary but who knows.

Back