GT Sport official vs GT Sport unofficial companion app

• Thread starter G1acom011
  • 6 comments
Italy
Italy
Piolo1967
In the last week, Polyphony launches the official companion app, that's like the comunity in GT site. But, there aren't many things that in the unofficial app are avaible.
Write what do you think about the Official and unofficial app of GT Sport here

To be honest both are inferior to just keeping tabs open on your phones' internet browser. One for the Sport daily races, and the other one linking to your official profile.

This way I can see the daily races, my notifications, and my activity feed quickly and seamlessly without having to open another app. I can also manage my followers, search the Discover section, and several other things neither Apps will do.

The unofficial app will make you watch a 10 second add to see daily races, and it doesn't include notifications or activity feeds. The Official app makes you click "sign in" every time you open it. So to reiterate, both are inferior to the 2-tabs browser method, IMO..

This would work on a fast phone and a decent connection. But I only have a plebian LG Q6 so sadly the lag of these two tabs being open on Chrome (the gran turismo website isnt really the most mobile-optimised site out there) outweighs the disadvantages of the two apps

And honestly the only thing the official app can do that the unofficial can't do is show your activity feed and post, so for me it's not worth opening that app in the first place

To be honest both are inferior to just keeping tabs open on your phones' internet browser. One for the Sport daily races, and the other one linking to your official profile.

This way I can see the daily races, my notifications, and my activity feed quickly and seamlessly without having to open another app. I can also manage my followers, search the Discover section, and several other things neither Apps will do.

The unofficial app will make you watch a 10 second add to see daily races, and it doesn't include notifications or activity feeds. The Official app makes you click "sign in" every time you open it. So to reiterate, both are inferior to the 2-tabs browser method, IMO..

CLEARLY! Even if the unofficial app is better than the official one, the website is really better.

Not if you pay for the app. Small amount.

The website is totally free and better.

Back