GT Sports - New modes

• Thread starter prb222
  • 12 comments
Portugal
Portugal
Hi!

I think GT Sport is a great game and online championships are very nice, but i think PD should have more game modes.

My idea is to have new game modes without times restriction, because sometimes i cannot play at the timetable of the championship. But always include users competitions.

- Time-Trial Championship.
Must have:
- You have 15 / 20 minutes to get the best lap and only 1 chance.
- The track have penalties like the online championship.
- Every 2 days you have a new track. So you can play at any time to fit your schedule.
- You win points for your best lap.
Nice to have:
- Create automatic groups of 20 players (competitors at the same level) for each championship, so you have a global championships and a small one so you can check who are your adversaries and you can win something. Top players know who they are the adversaries, but after that is more difficult to know who they are. In that way you could create small circles of community.
- The offline online championship
Must have:
- You compete with computer in a offline race (PD must create a new level for AI) with only 1 chance.
- The track have rules and penalties like the online championship.
- 2 tracks per week. So you can play at any time to fit your schedule.
- You win points for:
- Race position.
- Race time completion.
- Level of AI​
Nice to have:
- Create automatic groups of 20 players (competitors at the same level) for each championship, so you have a global championships and a small one so you can check who are your adversaries
With these new modes, everyone stay happy. The online players, the offline players. i know that already exists offline races, but what is the motivation to race them without the competition with other players. To the people with complete schedule, they always could participate in championships.

Of course these modes are just a complement to the online races.

What do you think?

Online Time Trials and Drift Events held every 2 weeks with online leaderboard for the both events, and then this game will be a good, but at the moment GTS is a rubbish game if you want to play online.

Some interesting ideas. I don't agree with everything, but evolving the game in these and other ways may help GTS stand out.

Time trial with proper global leaderboards for every category and track would be nice, similar to Rivals in Forza Motorsport 6.

BEST MOTORING mode.

Normal Loby mode functionality but the track selection is limited to Tsukuba or Tsukuba and each race must contain at least one Japanese car whether it fits in the selected category or not.

Last edited:
Knockout rounds - first lap is safe then knock the slowest 1 or 2 people out each lap (depending on field size and number of laps).
Basically requires consistency. Rage quits would count towards the knockout for that lap, since a lot of people would give up when they knew it was inevitable and it would be unfair to remove people higher up the grid.

Leagues. LEAGUES. The FIA races are like a giant pond in which most of us are small fish. Make a series of 20-100 player leagues based around manufacturers/tracks/groups etc so more people can be big fish, and get to know people they are racing against.

B SPEC - Would be great offline to have something else to grind and could become a neat strategy sim if it allowed you to play multiple cars as a team, had rule changes over seasons, penalties and driver personalities and so on.

Really like Custom Race mode, but would welcome a lot more options. Custom Championship mode would be great as well. Maybe a Custom Career mode one day...

This would be online but my idea would be a Sports Mode Le Mans type team race.

2 racers randomly teamed up by computer. Matching the fastest with the slowest together, ie 1+20, 2+19, 3+18, etc... to balance the field.

One make. 8 lap race. Each driver can only drive 2 laps max, then must pit to change drivers.

Back