GT Sport's trophy list is poorly-designed.

• Thread starter MIE1992
  • 26 comments
United States
Connecticut
Ridley-X4
How tf am I supposed to get the trophies for wins and poles when my opponents get better as my DR rises? Oh, and how am I supposed to be on pole when literally every car can adjust its TCS and brake balance on the fly? There's too many factors here. It's not fun always starting in mid-field and staying there only because I'm not a NEET that has all day to practice and find the perfect settings for everything on every car for every course. Bunch of damn drek.

EDIT: I think I’m so mad, I’ll kill two birds with one stone by ramming cars off-course to tank my SR for easy poles/wins. Suck it, PD! If PD didn’t want people to play like this, the trophy list should’ve been designed better! It punishes competent drivers by constantly moving the goalposts!!!

How tf am I supposed to get the trophies for wins and poles when my opponents get better as my DR rises? Oh, and how am I supposed to be on pole when literally every car can adjust its TCS and brake balance on the fly? There's too many factors here. It's not fun always starting in mid-field and staying there only because I'm not a NEET that has all day to practice and find the perfect settings for everything on every car for every course. Bunch of damn drek.

EDIT: I think I’m so mad, I’ll kill two birds with one stone by ramming cars off-course to tank my SR for easy poles/wins. Suck it, PD! If PD didn’t want people to play like this, the trophy list should’ve been designed better! It punishes competent drivers by constantly moving the goalposts!!!
100% right. I’ve pretty much abandoned daily races because of the things you mentioned.

Instead of those trophies imagine one instead that had the goal of driving 500 clean races.

Winning is its own reward, absolutely redundant to put a trophy on it as well.

I dont care for trophies at all, but if PD are going to create them then the Level 50 trophy is a joke, because it is not a reflection of skill at all. I am unsure how many times over you'd need to complete the offline game to hit Level 50, but with over 1200 sport mode races entered, I am not close.

Last edited:
Also I might add that the idea that all good drivers are spending hours and hours getting the perfect 'TC and Brake Balance' settings for each course is absurd, in so many ways.

• I can assure you that a top driver can hop on and get a great time within a few laps.
  • The perfect TC Setting for laps is 0.
  • Brake Balance is a fairly simple idea and gains a couple of tenths at most, and is probably more effective in relation to tyre wear than lap time.
  • You don't need to change TC for each corner of a track like you think.
Maybe if you spent less time moaning about how everyone faster than you is only faster than you because they are a 'NEET' (seriously, what does that mean?) who does nothing but play GT Sport all day to find perfection, you might find yourself performing better.

If you came onto this forum saying 'need some help, not sure why others are quicker and any help would be appreciated. Here is a lap that you can judge and give me feedback on', you would find yourself gaining help, including help from the alien drivers you think have too much time on their hands.

But no, instead you just assume everyone else has more time than you and that the game trophies are bad because you aren't good enough to get them/don't have time to be good enough.

Simple, you may get them all. Not everyone is gonna have the skill and abilities to do so without gaming the system. I personally like that at least some of the trophies aren’t “gimmies”, they should require some actual skill to achieve and not just be a formality of putting in enough time. Where’s the value of a trophy that anyone can get?

Also I might add that the idea that all good drivers are spending hours and hours getting the perfect 'TC and Brake Balance' settings for each course is absurd, in so many ways.

• I can assure you that a top driver can hop on and get a great time within a few laps.
  • The perfect TC Setting for laps is 0.
  • Brake Balance is a fairly simple idea and gains a couple of tenths at most, and is probably more effective in relation to tyre wear than lap time.
  • You don't need to change TC for each corner of a track like you think.
Maybe if you spent less time moaning about how everyone faster than you is only faster than you because they are a 'NEET' (seriously, what does that mean?) who does nothing but play GT Sport all day to find perfection, you might find yourself performing better.

If you came onto this forum saying 'need some help, not sure why others are quicker and any help would be appreciated. Here is a lap that you can judge and give me feedback on', you would find yourself gaining help, including help from the alien drivers you think have too much time on their hands.

But no, instead you just assume everyone else has more time than you and that the game trophies are bad because you aren't good enough to get them/don't have time to be good enough.
NEET means Not in Education.... Employment or Training. The implication being anyone with these trophies has them because they do nothing but play the game.

Some other points:

- If people can change brake balance throughout a lap and go faster as a result (doubtful), then, er, so can you.
- Complaining about this now over a year after release with a vastly diminished playerbase is reasonable, but this isn't a new phenomenon in games with an online component.
- git gud

Simple, you may get them all. Not everyone is gonna have the skill and abilities to do so without gaming the system. I personally like that at least some of the trophies aren’t “gimmies”, they should require some actual skill to achieve and not just be a formality of putting in enough time. Where’s the value of a trophy that anyone can get?
Where’s the value of a trophy that anyone can get by ramming and griefing others?

Even doing that isn’t gonna get these two trophies for most people.
Most people? Most people (78% of GT Sport players I think) have stayed away from Sport mode altogether because they know multiplayer games breed griefers. And PD have done nothing to assuage that fear, quite the opposite so that 78% won’t be changing their minds anytime soon.

Most people? Most people (78% of GT Sport players I think) have stayed away from Sport mode altogether because they know multiplayer games breed griefers. And PD have done nothing to assuage that fear, quite the opposite so that 78% won’t be changing their minds anytime soon.

Well that sucks then because 78% of people are missing out on a lot of fun, Sport Mode is Awesome!

Not everyone is meant to be good enough to 100% a multiplayer focused game.

I agree that the online trophies potentially promote people tanking their ratings but the idea that they are poor because you personally aren't good enough is your own problem.
Ironically the fastest guys in the discord servers I'm in all either are in school, uni or work.

OMG, I just almost fell of my chair reading this thread, real good comedy this is.

I think you should go and get your RL racing license, enter a Fiesta Cup season and complain the $#!! out of the racing league officials that is is utter BS that you're not driving in F1 yet and do not have won 3 world titles after half a season.

I'm in full time employment AND part time education and I have time to play GT Sport. Although I don't give a hoot about a digital trophy that has an arbitrary goal to achieve. I set my own goals with this game and I'm having damn good fun with it.

If/when I stop having fun I'll just move on to something else rather than throw a hissy fit at the developers for not making it easier for me.

I'm not asking this game to give me fellatio, but Kudos' says I'm in the top 4% of players. I guess I just need to "Git Gud," huh? "Git Gud," AFAIK, would be reserved for getting high ranks in the FIA championships, and not for gatekeeping a pole position in a daily race. And I think it's a poorly-designed trophy when these exploits - like purposely lowering your SR - can leak through. I ran a bunch of qualifying laps for today's Daily Race C, and my best is just above 2:28:xx. The guys that are usually in the top three have a time of like, 2:22:xx - a whole six seconds faster than me, with one guy in second using the same car I was, being the Peugeot 908 HDI. That's absurd. Even if that guy had a time of 2:22:999, that means I'd almost be in the top 50 times.

but Kudos' says I'm in the top 4% of players.

Yes because that includes the data of players who may have only done a few races, and hence have really low DR purely because of a lack of races. It might also include players who are still at E but I'm not fully sure on that 2nd point.

Being in the top 4% doesn't mean you are in the top 4% of active players. It doesn't mean you are in the top 4% of players on a particular day. To an extent, it means 'you took part in enough races to at least raise your DR a bit'

If you are 6 seconds off the pace, do you honestly think you are in the top 4% of active players? Look, there's nothing wrong with not being a fast driver. The problem is you being frustrated at people setting faster qualifying laps at you, and how that is somehow the games fault.

You managed to even prove that the Kudos '4% of players' stuff isn't relevant, by pointing out that you should be in the Top 50 if it was relevant. Congrats on somehow proving your own information incorrect

I agree that the trophies promote tanking ratings, but some of this other stuff is absurd. And the fact that you suggested that faster drivers than you have to be lifeless with no employment/education etc is incredibly low, as well as being factually incorrect.

I'm not asking this game to give me fellatio, but Kudos' says I'm in the top 4% of players. I guess I just need to "Git Gud," huh? "Git Gud," AFAIK, would be reserved for getting high ranks in the FIA championships, and not for gatekeeping a pole position in a daily race. And I think it's a poorly-designed trophy when these exploits - like purposely lowering your SR - can leak through. I ran a bunch of qualifying laps for today's Daily Race C, and my best is just above 2:28:xx. The guys that are usually in the top three have a time of like, 2:22:xx - a whole six seconds faster than me, with one guy in second using the same car I was, being the Peugeot 908 HDI. That's absurd. Even if that guy had a time of 2:22:999, that means I'd almost be in the top 50 times.
This is the reason I quit daily races. Too much risk to your SR and DR. I'm not going to practice like I do for FIA so going into a daily will assuredly lower my DR. And I can't even blame anybody for driving dirty because they're trying to reach one of the most difficult trophies I've ever seen on any game.

FYI Race C (Le Mans) has enormous track boundary issues. There are several chicanes and corners you can cut or completely drive over. You're losing a good 3-4 seconds there to the top10 guys doing it. Race A has the same issue for what it's worth.

To add more info, I wasn't exactly 100% lucid when I made the OP - but I wasn't drunk, either. That said, I had some more rational ideas to approach this conundrum, if I were to hypothetically make as few changes as possible to the game:

-The potential pool of matched players could be expanded, with everyone still having a similar SR, but DR may differ a bit. Similarly, perhaps if you have an SR of S, you could still get matched with players with an SR of A, but is near the S rank, as some otherwise skilled drivers may've lost some SR after one race and could recoup it in their next match. I'm also unsure how truly random the matching is, as it feels like many of the players I'm matched with are similar to prior fields of opponents.

-I'm unsure if this is a notable issue, but I'd propose that other players could be forced to use the same car in the race as they used to set their best qualifying time, especially for events with tire/fuel wear. This is so that they couldn't pick one car to set their time, and then pick a different one for the actual race which may have more ideal fuel economy.

I admittedly still like the trophies' motif of using records set by real-world drivers, as an aside.

FYI Race C (Le Mans) has enormous track boundary issues. There are several chicanes and corners you can cut or completely drive over. You're losing a good 3-4 seconds there to the top10 guys doing it. Race A has the same issue for what it's worth.

Yeah, I already knew about the issues with Red Bull Ring, which is a shame because I like driving it the expected way. I'll likely watch some replays of a top ten time at Race C, too.

One thing I did learn recently is that TCS isn't the enemy I thought it was. I always assumed you'd go faster if one disabled TCS and tried to somewhat immaculately control the throttle to compensate. But it really helped a lot for me to set TCS to 2 so far, as I've already shaved off around half a second from my best time of 2:28:xx, which was set with TCS turned off. I might practice more, and see if I can get much better with it set to 1. It makes sense, too, since I'd imagine real-world LMPs have TCS on by default, and I recall this one Japanese LMP driver (I believe it was Kobayashi? I think he drove the TS050.) using TCS when playing GT Sport himself!

To add more info, I wasn't exactly 100% lucid when I made the OP - but I wasn't drunk, either. That said, I had some more rational ideas to approach this conundrum, if I were to hypothetically make as few changes as possible to the game:

-The potential pool of matched players could be expanded, with everyone still having a similar SR, but DR may differ a bit. Similarly, perhaps if you have an SR of S, you could still get matched with players with an SR of A, but is near the S rank, as some otherwise skilled drivers may've lost some SR after one race and could recoup it in their next match. I'm also unsure how truly random the matching is, as it feels like many of the players I'm matched with are similar to prior fields of opponents.

-I'm unsure if this is a notable issue, but I'd propose that other players could be forced to use the same car in the race as they used to set their best qualifying time, especially for events with tire/fuel wear. This is so that they couldn't pick one car to set their time, and then pick a different one for the actual race which may have more ideal fuel economy.

I admittedly still like the trophies' motif of using records set by real-world drivers, as an aside.

Yeah, I already knew about the issues with Red Bull Ring, which is a shame because I like driving it the expected way. I'll likely watch some replays of a top ten time at Race C, too.

One thing I did learn recently is that TCS isn't the enemy I thought it was. I always assumed you'd go faster if one disabled TCS and tried to somewhat immaculately control the throttle to compensate. But it really helped a lot for me to set TCS to 2 so far, as I've already shaved off around half a second from my best time of 2:28:xx, which was set with TCS turned off. I might practice more, and see if I can get much better with it set to 1. It makes sense, too, since I'd imagine real-world LMPs have TCS on by default, and I recall this one Japanese LMP driver (I believe it was Kobayashi? I think he drove the TS050.) using TCS when playing GT Sport himself!
The simplest solution may be the best: Award class based wins.
What hope does that C driver have when he's matching up with A+? Basically zero but at least if he beats the other C drivers in that lobby, it could count as a win. Real life racing does this so GT should too.

The simplest solution may be the best: Award class based wins.
What hope does that C driver have when he's matching up with A+? Basically zero but at least if he beats the other C drivers in that lobby, it could count as a win. Real life racing does this so GT should too.

You mean like the AM & PRO labels?

no ur poorly designed

Back