GT Steering Wheel for Logitech G29 + Magnetic Paddle Shifter

United Kingdom
United Kingdom

I made a mod for the G29 because I was unhappy with the tiny wheel of the original G29. It is fully reversible, wont void your warranty and does not require any wiring or soldering skills.

I also made a very easy magnetic paddle shifter mod because the ones I found on Thingiverse all swapped the original paddles for printed ones and I wanted to use the metal ones. Also no soldering, cables and fully reversible.

You can download the shifter mod for free here https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3411628

I have not yet decided to offer ready printed versions including the bolts and nuts but if there is interest, let me know.

I made a mod for the G29 because I was unhappy with the tiny wheel of the original G29. It is fully reversible, wont void your warranty and does not require any wiring or soldering skills.

I also made a very easy magnetic paddle shifter mod because the ones I found on Thingiverse all swapped the original paddles for printed ones and I wanted to use the metal ones. Also no soldering, cables and fully reversible.

You can download the shifter mod for free here https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3411628

I have not yet decided to offer ready printed versions including the bolts and nuts but if there is interest, let me know.

Very clean design. Almost looks like it came out of the box that way.

Thank you! I saw many mods for this wheel and they all looked "tacked on" so I wanted to try something else. For those who dont have a 3D printer at home, I now sell the printed version of the the wheel and the magnetic paddle shifter mod on Etsy for very reasonable prices (basically just to recoup my filament costs). https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/MVHStudios

Wow Mark, that looks super clean. Massive props for making it available for other people as well without jacking up the price because it's for the sim community.

I'm on a G27 and already have my own homemade GT rim, but I'm going to be recommending yours to people I know with a G29.

I'll be ordering your magnetic paddle shifter mod soon. Have you already printed your stock or is it possible to request one in black from you?

Edit: Just read your Etsy page again properly, and noticed you stated red or black. :ouch:

Last edited:
Hi Rob,

Yeah thanks for the praise and referrals. I am an engineer by trade so when I see what the guys are charging for solutions and mods that are not that difficult to make, it does leave me with a bad feeling about how people get taken for a ride (pun not intended).

I can print most stuff in a matter of hours so your shifter is ready today and I will have the magnets inserted and the epoxy resin dry by tonight. Monday first thing its at the post office.

I did get quite a few people asking and ordering the printed parts (instead of the digital model) so I am printing a few now to have some in stock.

The only thing I dont have at the moment is leather for the grips but I am getting that next week (black only though, maybe red sometime later).

Hi Rob,

Yeah thanks for the praise and referrals. I am an engineer by trade so when I see what the guys are charging for solutions and mods that are not that difficult to make, it does leave me with a bad feeling about how people get taken for a ride (pun not intended).

I can print most stuff in a matter of hours so your shifter is ready today and I will have the magnets inserted and the epoxy resin dry by tonight. Monday first thing its at the post office.

I did get quite a few people asking and ordering the printed parts (instead of the digital model) so I am printing a few now to have some in stock.

The only thing I dont have at the moment is leather for the grips but I am getting that next week (black only though, maybe red sometime later).

You are a dime in a dozen! But to be honest you can charge as much as people are willing to pay for it. Just keep it transparant.

Last edited:
@markvanhaze This looks awesome. Exactly the sort of mod I was looking at doing (but I don't have the skills or knowledge to pull it off). Really clean and tidy.

I was going to buy a T300 RS with the ferrari f1 wheel, but with this I wouldn't need to.

Payday Friday! Will definitely be ordering the wheel and shifter mod. Are the suede handles standard or is it extra?

Last edited:
Good news, I just got real suede delivered and now I can make the covered handles too. Since this is real leather I have to cut out from the hide cow hide I got, I will have that as an additional option and price in the shop but its nothing crazy. I have to see how many grips I can cover with one hide and then calculate it but I expect add somewhere around 15GBP.

Great looking thing, very professional 👍 My only concern would be fitting a large diameter wheel to a G29 will make the FFB feel weaker than it already is in Logitech G wheels. I like weak FFB so it's not an issue but for people who already run max force might be disappointed.

Here is a little update for everybody who has ordered leather covered grips and anybody who is interested in it.

I tried various ways to cover the grips without making any wrinkles but since I did not go for simple handles and wanted nicely shaped, ergonomic grooves for the thumb rests, it was very difficult. The leather stretches but only so much and since I got so many orders for the suede grips, I had to come up with a better solution.

I redesigned the grip model to split in two halves which allows me to stretch the leather over the edge, removing all wrinkles. These two halves are then bolted together with the same 25mm hex bolts that I use for the main wheel base. This does mean there is a seam on the outside but you wont feel that when driving and I think its a very clean look, especially when compared to my other attempts without using the split grip.

I attached photos so you can see what you are getting and I will update the Etsy page by tomorrow.

Regarding the larger diameter wheel: If you are talking about the GT wheel, the diameter is about the same as a true 1:1 size GT wheel, 290mm. Also, the wheel is actually lighter than the original Logitech wheel so there is less mass to accelerate for the motors. I personally dont feel any difference tot he orginal wheel.

Last edited:
Back