GT1 Arcade Mode Time Trial Comparison

• Thread starter o000o
  • 12 comments
Indonesia
Indonesia
Testing almost all cars in A-Class in Arcade Mode Time Trial, with the exception of the same variants (Impreza Sedan and Wagon, DB7 Coupe and Volante, etc.), I know that different version can have some difference too (Viper RT/10 being lighter than GTS), but prioritizing 1 car type first.

The track used was Trial Mountain (2 Laps)

I may have done some mistakes in any of the car I tried in, but here the results (total time only) are:
19. Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - 2:35:086
18. Toyota Celica GT-FOUR - 2:34:243
17. Nissan Z 2seater turbo - 2:34:157
16. Aston Martin DB7 Coupe - 2:33:714
15. Toyota MR-2 GT-S - 2:33:606
14. Subaru Legacy SD RS - 2:33:558
13. Mitsubishi GTO Twinturbo - 2:32:761
12. Dodge Concept Car - 2:31:117
11. Mazda FD RX-7 Type RB - 2:30:844
10. Nissan Skyline GT-R (R33) - 2:30:153
9. Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport - 2:28:970
8. Toyota Supra RZ - 2:27:827
7. Acura NSX Type S - 2:26:877
6. Chevrolet Corvette 427 Coupe - 2:22:141
5. Subaru Impreza WRX STI Version III - 2:20:093
4. TVR Griffith 4.0 - 2:19:105
3. TVR Cerbera - 2:18:295
2. TVR Griffith 500 - 2:18:226
1. Dodge Viper GTS - 2:15:291

NOTE:
  • Griffith 4.0 is used because of a slight HP difference (335 to 340).
  • Impreza has much improved handling in Arcade version.

All cars in PAL/NTSC-U are boosted. Those times won't be applicable on JP or GT Mode. It's nice that someone's willing to make a chart of sorts

All cars in PAL/NTSC-U are boosted. Those times won't be applicable on JP or GT Mode. It's nice that someone's willing to make a chart of sorts
Well, Impreza is the only one kind that gets boosted that much (in handling), but all others are (afaik) on equal grounds (from GT mode)

Trust me no, all cars in arcade are boosted in grip and speed demultiplication. Just some are more noticeable than others in order to keep a level playing field :)

I made a comparison video 4 years ago

^Holy crap, so the US/PAL arcade stock car is even faster than the Impreza rally car? I knew they were boosted, but never realised just how much. I remember the jumps on the backstraight was also added in arcade mode (Autumn Ring is the other track which has jumps added).

Imagine if they keep this format for future GTs. I always thought with a bit more grip GT physics could be a very good arcade game with sim elements, a bit like Driveclub. It's practically 2 games in one!

Gran Valley Speedway (right after the "S" between both hairpins), Trial Mountain's straight, Autumn Ring, Grand Valley East's crest, Deep Forest main straight all have jumps added to them on USA and PAL. they're pretty fun, too bad the idea was dropped...

^Holy crap, so the US/PAL arcade stock car is even faster than the Impreza rally car? I knew they were boosted, but never realised just how much. I remember the jumps on the backstraight was also added in arcade mode (Autumn Ring is the other track which has jumps added).

Imagine if they keep this format for future GTs. I always thought with a bit more grip GT physics could be a very good arcade game with sim elements, a bit like Driveclub. It's practically 2 games in one!
I knew that the cars' laptime on Arcade mode is so much faster than GT Mode when I tested. On Arcade JDMs can lap around 56 seconds at High Speed Ring, while in GT Mode, Griffith 500 (far outclasses Corvette and JDM even with slight HP difference as shown in my test, also in GT Cup demo) needs the time listed in IA-1 (perfect time is 1:03:990).

But I don't know if that will put a car in different level between Arcade and GT Mode with each other comparison, like in Arcade Supra is faster than GTO but in GT Mode being vice-versa (GTO is faster) so I tested anyway. The only one of this I knew is Impreza's godly handling in Arcade puts it far ahead.

Interesting, the WRX was very very close to the viper on trial mountain when i tested it. Also yes it's a big boost, huh? I did a 42 or 43 on high speedring (clean) with an arcade viper, I don't think a 540hp race modded sim viper can match that

[...] I did a 42 or 43 on high speedring (clean) with an arcade viper, I don't think a 540hp race modded sim viper can match that

Nah it wouldn't. It's pretty hard getting under 50s with a GTO even iirc

Hi,
I'm not sure if I well understand the point about the Viper, despite I read multiple times the topic... :/
With all due respect, I really do think a Race Modded Vip' can go under 50s for one lap:

:) (and it's not so good driving, as you maybe will see)

But congratulations for 42 or 43 secs in Arcade Mode, I can't go under 45! :bowdown:

Hmm Well i thought the Vipers were slower than this but guess I was wrong. I didn't test it so it's all from memory ^^

Hi,
I'm not sure if I well understand the point about the Viper, despite I read multiple times the topic... :/
With all due respect, I really do think a Race Modded Vip' can go under 50s for one lap:

:) (and it's not so good driving, as you maybe will see)

But congratulations for 42 or 43 secs in Arcade Mode, I can't go under 45! :bowdown:

Yeah in Arcade the cars are much faster overall, but most of the cars are still the same compared to each others, except Impreza who gets massive boost in handling.

Hmm Well i thought the Vipers were slower than this but guess I was wrong. I didn't test it so it's all from memory ^^
Dude like, Vipers are by far the fastest stock car here. In stock it completely smokes away JDMs (actually even TVRs also outclasses JDM despite not that big HP difference). The almost 200+ HP difference isn't for nothing. JDM fanboys can sometimes cloud that.

I wasn't talking about stock though. Stock it's by far the fastest, you're right. But maxxed out, it's not even 600hp and ~900kg. There are a dozen better car than it in all but handling.

Back