GT1 Codes and other stuff

• Thread starter Al Pacino
  • 15 comments
I recently started playing GT1 again and finally got my international license. I was wondering if anyone knew of any certain codes i can put in to get extra stuff or access different areas. I was reading some of the other posts and read that someone said they were able to get their car up to over 1000hp! How in the heck did he do that? Anyone know? i'm having a hard time winning races in the international class.
thanks,
mr. pacino

I have not played GT1 in a very long time Al but I will tell you this. I have not heard of a car in GT1 that has over 1000hp. I do know the highest HP I got in GT1 was 930hp with the Mitsubishi 3000GT Twin Turbo. You will be on your way once you purchase this car to winning the whole game. I beat the whole game with this car Al. Give it a shot and tell me how it went. :)

Originally posted by ViperConcept
I have not played GT1 in a very long time Al but I will tell you this. I have not heard of a car in GT1 that has over 1000hp. I do know the highest HP I got in GT1 was 930hp with the Mitsubishi 3000GT Twin Turbo. You will be on your way once you purchase this car to winning the whole game. I beat the whole game with this car Al. Give it a shot and tell me how it went. :)

The Skyline R33 has over 930hp somewhere around 940-970 i think, it's been to long I cannot quite remember, maybe . The GTO TT is the fastest car but if you can tune the Viper GTS-R that you win (White with blue strips) just right it will become a faster car than the GTO TT but the GTO TT is a better overall car.

I Looked for the 3000gt but there isn't one. I have the viper gt-s with the blue and white stripes but for some reason it can't seem to catch up with the lesser HP cars. I suppose if i had better skill that would help too but I could be going down a straight away and other cars pass me. What's up with that?
I'll look at that skyline though. I'm also assuming by putting all the tune-up parts on it that's how you were able to achieve over 900hp. correct?
thanks again people,
mr. pacino

Oh, I am sorry Al. Go to Mitsubishi and by the most expensive car available. (If I am correct it is the GTO Twin Turbo) Buy this car and buy all the settings for it including engine and hp. After you have fully upgraded this car you will have 930 hp and not one car will fly by you. You will be able to beat the game with this car. :)

Actually, the '95 GTO MR is a better buy. It's available as a used car from Mitsubishi. It weighs less than the Twin Turbo, but otherwise has the same stats.

The Nissan Skyline has a max of 946 hp, while the GTO's can only get 930. that's because for the Skyline you can buy Displacement Increase, the only car you can buy this for.

plus, just gotta love the low prices for super soft race tires!!

thanks Concept and Bandit. I bought the GTO and it's kickin' butt so far. I think i'll try the skyline just for the heck of it and that other car too. thanks a bunch!
mr. pacino

no problem. just remember, weight reduction before race modification.

The Cerebra LM Edition and FTO LM Edition are both excellent cars as well. Both are race prizes. I don't know exactly what race series you have to win to get these cars, though.

Ah, bless... Ín the 'good old days' I'd used to have like 30 cars in my garage while only using 3:) the cerberaLM (to be won in the US vs Japan cup) , the gtoLM and the an original blue viper with supersofts.
The 3000GT reffered to earlier on is actually the european/american(?) version of the GTO, it's basicly the same car so no worries:P

the gto is far better machine that the skyline...the skyline doesnt turn when max tuned, its crap to drive where as the gto still has handling at high speeds. i think one of the best cars in the game is the impreza worth 500 g from the subaru special lot. it goes hard

gran_turismo_bandit
I know it's logical to do it the way you suggest but is there any other reason why you have to do it in that order? Does it not work if you attempt it the other way around?

gran_turismo_bandit
The Cerebra LM Edition and FTO LM Edition are both excellent cars as well. Both are race prizes. I don't know exactly what race series you have to win to get these cars, though.
Both of those cars are won in the country vs country races, IE UK vs USA.I can't remember which race exactly but there are 2 cars to be won for each of the 3 races, the 2 listed above, the Dodge Concept car (Tuned), a CRX Del-Sol LM and 2 others I can't remember right now. All 6 cars are worth winning and racing as they will beat most of the opposition on the other races.

TMM
gran_turismo_bandit
I know it's logical to do it the way you suggest but is there any other reason why you have to do it in that order? Does it not work if you attempt it the other way around?
In GT1 (North American version) there is no need to do weight reduction if you are going to do race modification--weight reduction is sort of a waste of money. (Unless it turns out to be strategicially useful to use the car non-modded for a while, and mod it later). If you try to weight-reduce a race-modded car the game squawks some weird error message at you. But the weight is the same whether you reduced weight before race-mod or not.

In GT2 the game forces you to do all three stages of weight reduction before it will let you do race-modification.

SportWagon
In GT1 (North American version) there is no need to do weight reduction if you are going to do race modification--weight reduction is sort of a waste of money. (Unless it turns out to be strategicially useful to use the car non-modded for a while, and mod it later). If you try to weight-reduce a race-modded car the game squawks some weird error message at you. But the weight is the same whether you reduced weight before race-mod or not.

In GT2 the game forces you to do all three stages of weight reduction before it will let you do race-modification.
Ahhh thank you I didn't know that. I always did weight reduction and raced the car before adding a race body.

Well it works for me, I do them both to get super light weight, And in return I get slow tire ware and better accelleration!

Attachments

• gt1-9q.JPG
    gt1-9q.JPG
    12 KB · Views: 30
  • Gt1-4.JPG
    Gt1-4.JPG
    11.8 KB · Views: 30
  • gt1-9o.JPG
    gt1-9o.JPG
    12 KB · Views: 33
  • gt1-9b.JPG
    gt1-9b.JPG
    12 KB · Views: 29
HYBRIDLVR
Well it works for me, I do them both to get super light weight, And in return I get slow tire ware and better accelleration!
That Mzda sure is V special and the demio as well with over 500HP.

Back