GT1 Complete Used Car List (All Regions)

• Thread starter TeaKanji
  • 5 comments
Ireland
Ireland
Hello everyone, I noticed a few days ago that a spreadsheet of GT1's used car line-ups didn't exist yet. With the help of @pez2k who dug into the game's data and provided a CSV of used cars, colours and prices across all 60 day cycles, and @submaniac93 who provided name mapping for every car in the game based on car ID, I was able to put together a spreadsheet with this info.

Google Sheets link:
I also attached the spreadsheet in xlsx format to this post.

Line-ups, including colours and prices, are the same across NTSC-J, PAL and NTSC. I used PAL's car names for this spreadsheet. Keep in mind that many cars have different names depending on region (eg. "NSX '92 TypeR" was changed to "NSX '93" in NTSC). Used car line-ups change every 10 days, and once day 600 is reached, it loops around to the first line-up again. Day set 0 corresponds to day 0 - 9, day set 1 corresponds to day 10 - 19, and so on. Cars are ordered by dealership, then by price. The game orders used cars quite randomly, so the spreadsheet's ordering won't be exactly how they appear in-game.

I hope this helps you all in future playthroughs!

Attachments

• GT1 Used Car List (All Regions).xlsx
    170.6 KB · Views: 89
Wow, that's a bit of work! Thank you guys for doing & sharing this! :):cheers:

It actually only took an hour or so of effort on my part - the file format is really simple, outputting CSV files from code is really simple, and I already had the list of car IDs and car colours dumped some time ago, so mapping them was really simple too. TeaKanji did the work of mapping the actual car names, making a neat spreadsheet and so on, and of course sparked the whole thing off with the question of whether it had been done. Good opportunity to document another GT file format really.

During lockdowns, I made an attempt at this for both GT1 and GT2, but uhh my method was to just input each field manually and it just took forevs. xD

I can share what I have if you guys wanna see? GT1 is finished but Suzuki is incomplete on the US version of GT2 and I don't know if I'll go back and do EU/JP versions bc when the world became busy again, so did I :(

Edit: Had a few days off and decided to finish the GT2 (US version) one.

Last edited:
I tested this file on my USA Gran Turismo : days don't match the colors , sometimes the prices are ok but I have not the same lineup. I will test it again on another blank game but must say it might be the PAL list but not the NTSC-U list. -ThroughtonsHeir

I have recorded evidence of the non-corresponding days. Recording my play on DVD-r (PS-X disc, NTSC-U, on a PS-2 console,on a Toshiba dvd-recorder)

Last edited:
I tested this file on my USA Gran Turismo : days don't match the colors , sometimes the prices are ok but I have not the same lineup.

The list is the same in the US version as in PAL, but the spreadsheet in the first post is sorted by price rather than in the order that the cars appear in the game. This page is the same list, but in the original order.

Back