GT1 Revisited

• Thread starter fallfast90
  • 16 comments
slvrmustang3
I have started playing GT1 because i want to get back into the Gran Turismo series and i have the PS3 version that doesn't play PS2 games. (Gonna try and pick up Prologue and a wheel this xmas). It definitely brought back some memories. Just the opening scene which i still think is the best in the GT series got me. I kindof laugh because they show a race with rain and lightning. I had also forgotten how angry the AI would get if you got in thier driving line!!!!

There are a couple things i do wish they would bring back to the series. I really like how they had a brief history of the cars and description of what the different modifications would do. Love it or hate it, i do miss the racing modification mod. I always thought it was kindof fun to get any car to that point.

Ahhh old memories.

It made me fall in love with the Series... i dont think there is another game in the world that gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside, knowing how big it is today and your playing something which was so awesome at the time and still is...

I tink I'll never get dis stupid B license. I did! I did! Got dis stupid B license.

Well...
I tink I'll never get dis stupid A icense. I did! I did! Got dis stupid A license.

Aw...
But I'll never get dis stupid IA license! It's way too hard! I did! I did! Got dis stupid AI license!

Gold? No way I tink....

Etc.

(Tweety Bird meets [size=+1]GT1[/size]?).

Well, you'll get it eventually, if you play for long enough. And then you'll wonder what takes you so long to even pass those tests in the first place :lol:. But in a way I think it's better if you hadn't got golds, gives you a reason to keep playing GT1.

I played it when i was younger and i remember it being really hard. Now that i played it now, its not so hard (keyword so!!) I just cant stand when i try to enter a turn and slow down, i have the AI cars slam as hard as they can into me!!! I think this was a way that the programmers made the AI difficult...

I played it when i was younger and i remember it being really hard. Now that i played it now, its not so hard (keyword so!!) I just cant stand when i try to enter a turn and slow down, i have the AI cars slam as hard as they can into me!!! I think this was a way that the programmers made the AI difficult...

After awhile, it becomes possible to predict what the Ai is gonna do in most situations, which makes it possible to avoid them eventually. I rarely get slammed anymore in any GT game, but I know what you're talking about. It's annoying.

The trick is to think of new racing lines and new ways to attack corners if a sim car is present.

Last edited:
i had the game for ages when i was young...

smashing my tv up twice trying to complete licence test B-2 is not my favorite memory...
(i got angry very easily when i was younger)

sold it about 4 years ago. bought it again today (playing it off my 60GB PS3) for £1, no scratches either. sadly i also bought GT2, which caused the ps3 to crash. i thought is was because of the scratches, so i paid for it to be repaired. still crashed the ps3!!! what a waste of £5.

just got my b license and a license (after swearing blue murder at my tv trying to beat B-2 and A-3, but at least i didnt smash this telly...) and am stuck on sunday cup!!! (i find the cars much harder to control in GT1 and GT2 than in GT4.)

Sorry for the bump but I don't remember this, screenshot anyone?

I have checked my GT discs from 1 through 3 ( including Demo disc Number 1 )
and cannot find any shots of Lightning and Rain in any Race demos or intro films.
I think I am correct in saying ( at least for PAL versions ) Rain did not make an appearance until GT3 A-spec.

i had the game for ages when i was young...

smashing my tv up twice trying to complete licence test B-2 is not my favorite memory...
(i got angry very easily when i was younger)

sold it about 4 years ago. bought it again today (playing it off my 60GB PS3) for £1, no scratches either. sadly i also bought GT2, which caused the ps3 to crash. i thought is was because of the scratches, so i paid for it to be repaired. still crashed the ps3!!! what a waste of £5.

just got my b license and a license (after swearing blue murder at my tv trying to beat B-2 and A-3, but at least i didnt smash this telly...) and am stuck on sunday cup!!! (i find the cars much harder to control in GT1 and GT2 than in GT4.)
Wow. that's severe distress.

What first car are you using?

[size=+1]GT1[/size] physics tends to really favour FF cars, so your best starter car is probably the '93 Civic 3dr. (Captiva Blue Pearl Cr8980). "In stock form it should easily win the Sunday Cup". But you're starting out, so might want to add a few parts. I'm not going to categorically say what extra parts would suit you best at that stage. Racing tires make a pretty miraculous difference, but are expensive at that stage of the game.

And then practice some more. The Sunday Cup should get easy to win eventually. (So easy, that I almost wonder if you're putting us on ;) ).

Or do you mean you need help winning some of the other races now opened up? I.e. you can win the Sunday Cup, but nothing else?

My GT is currently being a **** with the prize cars for the country vs country races.

I'm trying to get all possible cars/colours but it keeps giving me the same one over and over.

Still love this game though.

I started playing GT1 again ever since I got a 1.5 billion cr save from Gamefaqs(dont kill me) I have to say, this game imo is better then some racers today.

Back