GT1 skyline r33 vspec settings?

• Thread starter d2bonzai
  • 3 comments
France
France
Hello guys,

I bought as starting car a skyline r33 vpsec, all went fine at start, but the more i bought parts, the more the car went uncontrolable, bouncing, spinning, not keeping track properly even in straight line. I bought every parts now, can you give help me with an all-around settings for the parts so the car performs decently in most of tracks?

I don't have a tune setup for the R33 V-Spec but I can give you some pointers. Your problem sounds like it could be the dampers, but it could also be a matter of other things. It does seem strange for the R33 to spin out so easily; every time I've got it into a spin or slide, I could wrestle it back to where it should be pointing, kinda like a reverse entry drift. Bear in mind that any car with too much power may not be rescued so easily by suspension tuning. It takes a lot of careful control by the driver to get a car like that round a track quickly.

Most of my damper tunes have hovered between 3-5 in the settings, maybe dropping down to 2 if needs be.
If the dampers are too hard, they'll bounce and shake, trying to limit any change in suspension force and therefore destroying any good handling the car has that relied on the suspension.
If they are too soft, then there won't be enough force to stabilise the car and return it back to it's normal ride height quick enough, and you'll be more solely relying on the stiffness of your springs. If your spring rates are too high when your dampers are low, then this could also cause large bouncing around corners.

It might also be the camber, but that's only if it is excessively over-set. Values between 1-3 should be optimal. Higher grip tyres technically should have higher camber within that range.

You can also try to change the balance between front and rear spring rate. Softer back should make the car understeer more (if memory serves, i always get the two confused, if it does't work, try the opposite). Also, the Skylines in GT1 are very oversteer-crazy, however, they have a very wide angle at which you can recover them before they actually spin out. So you might just not be able to control that.

Thanks guys, I'll definitly try that so I can obtain something close to the GTO twin turbo, which is without any special setting very smooth to drive.

Back