GT1 v1.1 GameShark Code to alter Tuned Entrant List

• Thread starter SportWagon
  • 7 comments

SportWagon

Premium
Canada
Punkeydoodles Corners, Ontario, Canada. (aka GT2t
For [size=+1]GT1[/size] v1.1...

The following code will cause the Hard-Tuned Car Speed Contest to have an AI field of all Civic 3 door.
Code:
D008C220 6E68
8008F5C8 0A40
It does so by bumping the pointer into the field of potential entrants by 28 bytes (7 entries) so that the Civic 3 door is the only one to choose from. :D

If you decrement the value 0A40 by 4, you will get additional cars back as potential entrants, as follows:

0A40 - Civic 3 Door (only)
0A3C - (add) Chaser Tourer V
0A38 - (add) Lancer Evolution III GSR
0A34 - (add) Skyline GT-R NIsmo
0A30 - (add) Skyline GT-R Vspec
0A2C - (add) efini RX-7 Type RZ
0A28 - (add) Supra RZ
0A24 - (add) NSX'93 (i.e. entire field)

I' have double-checked these codes. But the usual disclaimers apply--use at own risk!
I have tested these codes with a GS Pro only.

Along the way I have noticed, checking many detailed notes in many different restarted games of [size=+1]GT1[/size], that with my version of [size=+1]GT1[/size] I only ever get one of two fields in this event, either:

NSX'93
FDRX7 Type RZ
R32GT-R Nismo
Lancer EvoIII GSR
Chaser V

or:

Supra RZ
FDRX7 TypeRZ
R33GT-R Vspec (typo! I had previously said "R32GT-R Nismo"! )
Lancer Evo III GSR
Civic 3 door

First one is "no Supra, no Civic, no Vspec", and second is "no NSX, no Chaser, no Nismo", but, assuming these really are the only two fields I can ever get, I can characterize them as "NSX field" or "Supra field".

Originally posted by SportWagon
Along the way I have noticed, checking many detailed notes in many different restarted games of [size=+1]GT1[/size], that with my version of [size=+1]GT1[/size] I only ever get one of two fields in this event, either:

NSX'93
FDRX7 Type RZ
R32GT-R Nismo
Lancer EvoIII GSR
Chaser V

or:

Supra RZ
FDRX7 TypeRZ
R32GT-R Nismo
Lancer Evo III GSR
Civic 3 door

Yeah, I thought that was weird, too. The Supra's always blue, the Evo's always yellow, the RX7's always black, the Skyline's purple....that race seems to repetitive, that it's annoying.

And much more difficult than any other GT race in either of the three games!

Originally posted by pupik
Yeah, I thought that was weird, too. The Supra's always blue, the Evo's always yellow, the RX7's always black, the Skyline's purple....
Um. If you go to the Mazda dealer, and try to buy an FD RX7 Type RZ, you will find that it only comes in black. (Any colour you like, as long as it's black...) The other colour limitations are interesting, though.
And much more difficult than any other GT race in either of the three games!
But that does make the series very interesting. In some cars, trying to not blow second place at Grand Valley is an interesting test of nerves.

The purpose of my code was to allow me to have a fairly interesting series to enter with things like a Eunos Roadster.

I have now double-checked the codes. Enjoy. I believe I have a GS CDX somewhere and should try testing the codes there, some day...

While testing the alternate versions of the code I suddenly gained insight into how [size=+1]GT1[/size] chooses random fields from its internal lists of potential participants.--It always maximizes the number of manufacturers represented.

If it is ever the case that there are five or fewer manufacturers in the entrant list, and that one one of those manufacturers has only one entrant, then that entrant will always be present. That is the case with this event, and that is why the FDRX7 TypeRZ and the Evo III are always present. (I think the Evo III is sometimes red, however...)

Also, if the Honda NSX is present, the Honda Civic is excluded, and if the Toyota Supra is present the Toyota Chaser/Tourer V is excluded. Similarly, at most one of the two Skyline models is present.

Now that would seem to suggest 8 possible fields:

NSX,Supra,RX7,Vspec,Lancer
NSX,Supra,RX7,Nismo,Lancer
NSX,RX7,Vspec,Lancer,Chaser
NSX,RX7,Nismo,Lancer,Chaser
Supra,RX7,Vspec,Lancer,Civic
Supra,RX7,Nismo,Lancer,Civic
RX7,Vspec,Lancer,Chaser,Civic
RX7,Nismo,Lancer,Chaser,Civic

I think I've got that right.

However, in the Tuned Series you apparently never get both the Chaser and the Civic, so that eliminates two fields. Similarly, you apparently never get both the NSX and the Supra, so that leaves just four potential fields, and, as far as Ican tell, the Nismo appears with the NSX, and the Vspec with the Supra.

The SSR11 All-Night II event uses the same set of competitors, but they are listed internally in a different order, and I have seen different combinations; in particular I have seen both the Chaser and the Civic appear in the same race, and both the NSX and the Supra. And also fields with neither of each of those pairs, and some with only one from those pairs, making for more varied competition. But yes, the Lancer and the RDRX7 are both always there.

This phenomenon of maximizing the manufacturers explains a few other interesting facts about [size=+1]GT1[/size] fields.

That Impreza Rally Edition in the USvsJP really will appear every time, because the competitor list for that event represents only five manufactures; Chevrolet, Dodge, Mitsubishi, Nissan, and Subaru, and the Impreza Rally Edition is the only Subaru.

For similar reasons, there is always a Mazda Demio GL-X and a S14 Silvia Q's entered at the Sunday Cup.

In the Lightweight Battle Stage, only four manufacturers are represented--Honda, Mazda, Mitsubishi and Toyota. The only Mazda is again the Demio GL-X, so it is always present. But because there are only four manufacturers to choose from, not only do the fields always a duplicate entry from one manufacturer, they often have a duplicate of the same model of car. The game ensures no manufacturer has more than one entry unless it is necessary, but it does not apparently attempt at all to avoid duplicates of the same model once it has decided that some manufacturer must have more than one entry. In fact, when I used the code to restrict the Tuned series to Lancer, Chaser, Civic, I actually got fields of Lancer, Chaser, Chaser, Chaser, Civic and Lancer, Chaser, Civic, Civic, Civic. So once each manufacturer has been represented once, the game seems to stop trying to be any more fair.

Similarly, the UKvsUS event has only four manufacturers represented--Chevrolet, Dodge, TVR and Aston-Martin, and so duplicate entrants often appear there.

I didn't realize that the game maximizes the manufacturers in a race until I set the code to choose from Vspec, Nismo, Lancer, Chaser, Civic when, to my surprise, it began behaving almost as if there were only four choices rather than five, with the Vspec/Nismo being "one choice".

But after thinking about it, and then thinking back to all the races I had raced in [size=+1]GT1[/size] I wondered why it hadn't been obvious to me before. If you are racing against an NSX in the GT-I, GV300 or All-Night I, then, indeed, checking my notes you will not be racing against the Accord Sedan, but until now I had not noticed that fact.

Pages below:
http://www.geocities.com/gt2toxs/albrnickgt/races/

list the AI fields for each event. (You need to infer the manufacturers, however). Those lists of mine would be enhanced by an indication of the number of manufacturers represented, and, if that is 5 or less, an indication of cars which are always present in the AI field for that event.

Oh yes. Even though there are 48 potential AI entrants for the Trial Mountain Spot Race. the Corvette'67 shows up relatively frequently, because it is the only Chevrolet represented--so there's potentially a 5/7 chance of it showing up. (Chevrolet being the only manufacturer besides the six Japanese manufacturers represented in the list).

The following code uses the All-Night II field for the Tuned Series instead of the usual. That is the same set of cars, but in a different order, and you do get a little more variety.
Code:
D008C220 6E68
8008F5C8 0C64
Using that I saw 5 of 8 possible fields in 62 tries. Ignoring the Skyline differences, the following are the four interesting combinations, and how often they occurred:

Chaser,Civic 39/62
Supra,NSX 18/62
NSX,Chaser 4/62
Supra,Civic 1/62 (yes, once and only once)

The Chaser and Civic sometimes occurred with a Nismo, and sometimes with a Vspec. So that gives the fifth combo. (The FDRX7 and Lancer must always be present, remember, because they are the only representatives from their respective manufacturers). I *think* the other combos always had a Vspec, but I didn't bring the detailed notes with me.

A couple of days ago I handily won the Tuned Series using the Honda Civic'93 Sedan. I had the code from my first posting above in effect, of course. :)

I did some more testing of the above code in a more "mature" game of [size=+1]GT1[/size] (about 5923 days), and got slightly different fields, and saw 6 of the 8 possible fields in about 40 tries. The only two fields I did not see were the two which contain both a Supra and a Vspec. A test with the code off in that "mature" game once again turned up only the two fields I indicate above. ({no Supra, no Vspec, no Civic} or {no NSX, no Nismo, no Chaser}).

Colours of AI competitors? It seems to me that the colour choices are always biased towards the later choices you have available in the showroom. Looking at the Civic 3 door or Chaser V or Supra RZ in the new car showroom seems to confirm this. Amongst other things, this bias tends to avoid a preponderance of white cars in the field which probably would look dull and strange. True, a white Chaser V shows up every now-and-then in the Tuned Series, but that is because a certain colour of white is actually about the fourth of 7 colours available for that car. But usually white is the first choice presented for any particular car.

Back