GT1 wont save but GT4 will?

• Thread starter LSX
  • 7 comments

LSX

GTP_LSX
I did a quick search and found nothing, so I figure I'll just ask a question now.

I have GT1 the Greatest Hits US version.
I broke out my PS2 again just because I found a copy, in good condition, wanted to relive GT1 again. SO when I was playing the first time I tried to save, it says my memory card was not detected. Alright that was fine, it was an off-brand card anyways, so I left my system running and completed it within the week.

I picked up GT4 to relive that, as well as a BRAND NEW Sony PS2 memory card to save with, as I figured it was just my card that was the issue. Well yesterday I decided to try and start a new GT1 game again, well it turns out it's not detecting the new licensed memory card either, while in GT4 it saves, loads and does everything it should.

Does anyone have any idea why that might be? I'm only having this problem with GT1. Does this have something to do with GT1 being a PS1 game? Any help would be great as I have no idea, I'd like to take my time with the game instead of being ruthless and just winning all I can because I can't power off my system.

By the way, the PS2 I'm using is a slim version, it's silver, it's also newer. That's all I know of the system.

Thank you.

LSX
Does anyone have any idea why that might be? I'm only having this problem with GT1. Does this have something to do with GT1 being a PS1 game? .....

Thank you.

that's exactly the point. For PS1 games you also need a PS1 memory card in your PS2.

Thanks, I had thought maybe that was it, it's the only PS1 game I have. I guess I'll have to hunt down a PS1 card and get GT2 while I'm at it. I appreciate the quick reply.

BIG warning for GT and GT2. they take up most of the space on a card. replays take up nearly as much space as the main game save does. you might be able to stuff both games on one card.

Also, if you can find a Sony PS1 memory card, you'll have better success than if you've got an off-brand card.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the adviCe.

Sorry to trouble you.

::Hunting::

Last edited:
Did someone say that your PS1 card must be pre-formatted, too?
So you'll want a second-hand PS1 card which someone else has put stuff on (and thereby formatted).

I.e. there's nothing in the PS2 PS1 card handling to format unformatted cards.

(Someone please verify these rumours...)

Back