GT2 BTCC Masters

• Thread starter Falcon787B
  • 3 comments
United Kingdom
London
JohnsonCapote
Hello folks, back again :)

Been recently playing a lot of TOCA 2 Touring Cars for the PS1. I happened to crack a joke to my friend (me and him are big lovers of BTCC) that they never made a TOCA 3 for PS1, but the closest sequel is probably GT2 because in the game you can make many of the 1998/1999 BTCC racecars.

That got me thinking...how about a thread celebrating these great cars in the game? Which also of course includes Super Touring cars from other series, including the JTCC. I will be posting race reports and such from my races involving these cars (complete with period-correct driver names!) and feel free for you guys to do the same, with your favourite stories involving these cars or in the Super Touring Car Cup races :)

I've built a supertouring spec Mondeo, running on about 310 bhp. It's a bit of a white elephant really, and I've only completed the Super Touring Trophy in it once, and it hasn't won anything. The thing that's stopping me from using it is the gearing, it tops out at around 190kmh, I think it could do much better with a 6th gear...I'm hoping I can play around and make 5th longer but we will see...

True. I do love the Mondeo, mainly because my grandpa had one in real life and I remember watching BTCC and going 'GRANDDAD!! YOUR CAR IS ON TELLY!!' :dunce:

But yeah there's plenty of selection. I'd forgotten about this thread, thanks for reminding me :)

True. I do love the Mondeo, mainly because my grandpa had one in real life and I remember watching BTCC and going 'GRANDDAD!! YOUR CAR IS ON TELLY!!' :dunce:

But yeah there's plenty of selection. I'd forgotten about this thread, thanks for reminding me :)
No worries! Those Mondeos sounded amazing...oh and while we're on the subject...

Back