GT2 Historic Sportscar Racing Spot Race... begining of a series.

  • Thread starter Thread starter psonefreak
  • 10 comments
  • 1,110 views
Messages
2,125
This is a spot race for you to test our your cars and see which ones you want to use.

Track: Deep Forest Raceway Reverse

Cars Available:
All cars come equipped with;
Racing Bodies
Any Tires (except where noted)
Full Suspension Modifications
Full Brakes Modifications
Full Drivetrain Modifications

Rover Mini 1275 Mark 1
239 hp, 1543lb...to be raced as is from the dealership

1964 Lotus Elan S2
All engine/power options can be purchased from the dealership
210 hp 1252 lb

1971 Lotus Elan S4
All engine/power options can be purchased from the dealership
210hp 1362lb

71' Datsun/Nissan 240Z
NA Tune Stage 2
Port & Polish
Engine Balance
Displacement
Semi-Race Muffler
263hp 1985lb

Lancia Stratos
Racing Muffler
NA Tune Stage 2
Engine Balance
Port & Polish
Performance Chip
273 hp 1924 lb

Lotus Europa
Engine Balance
Turbo Stage 2
Port & Polish
Semi-Racing Muffler
Performance Chip
237hp 1432lb

83' Mazda RX-7 GT-Turbo
Performance Chip
Engine Balance
Stage 1 turbo
Racing Muffler
Port & Polish
Intercooler Stage 1
2003lb. 257hp

86' Toyota MR2 1600G-Limited
Performance Chip
Port & Polish
Engine Balance
Stage 3 Turbo
Sport Muffler
2063 lb 266hp

71' Nissan Skyline
Racing Muffler
Stage 3 Turbo
2162lb 305hp

68' Toyota 2000GT
Turbo Stage 2
Port & Polish
Engine Balance
Sport Muffler
2250lb 296hp

Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evo
Turbo Stage 2
Racing Muffler
308hp 2447lb

66' Shelby GT350
Performance Chip
Sport Muffler
2388lb. 325hp

69 Camaro Z28
Racing Chip
Stage 3 NA Tune
Racing Muffler
Port & Polish
2888 lb 418hp

67' Corvette Stingray
you must use soft tires
No Engine modifications
2899lb 433hp

82’ Corvette Stingray
NA Tune Stage 3
Engine Balance
Port & Polish
351hp 2854lb.


Time submission format:
Your Name
Car
Track

Total Time

Sector 1
Sector 2
Sector 3
Sector 4

Top Speed

time trial with unlimited laps. 4 car limit for each person (each needs a diff nick)

all times will be PMed to me (psonefreak).

This is also a signup thread and an interest generator!

Rest of the series
 
Spot Race Times

1:12.430 - Datsun 240Z - Fogelhund
1:12.694 - Lotus Elan S4 - Fogelhund
1:12.826 - Toyota 2000GT - Fogelhund
1:12.881 - Shelby GT350 - Fogelhund
1:12.926 - Lancia Stratos - Fogelhund
1:12.992 - Mazda RX7 - Fogelhund
1:13.222 - Mini Cooper S - Fogelhund
1:13.315 - Lancia Integrale - Fogelhund
1:13.435 - Corvette 74' - Fogelhund
 
Dang Fogelhund,
I'm at least 7.5 seconds back from you.
I can see getting into the 1'18s but the 1'12s:eek:
 
1:12.970 @ 155.97 mph in the 67' Vette...
 
Here is the entry list so far

1. Fogelhund
2. Gil
3. psonefreak
4. woodruffj
5. Sillytron - Shelby GT350
6. Rennsport Addict
7. Green Eggs and Ham
8. Pumpkin Head
9. Gentleman Driver - 82' Corvette
10. IMSA Wally
11. Ferrari308 - Shelby GT350
12. B Campbell
13. alberik - Lancia Delta Integrale
14. jafa - 1971' Lotus Elan S4
15. D - Lancia Stratos
16. Dionysis - Camaro Z28
17. Denniskaira - Lotus Europa
18. Lee Janotta
19. gttouring
20. Vee Dub 16V/Bodysnatcher
21. GTV27
22. steve_r
23. racer69
24. ktr917
25. JuanDon
26. Bill182
27. pupik
28. skynrd
 
Alright, Number 27!

I sent the times to your Netscape account; [R] Toyota 2000GT for me.
 
When's the due date for this race?

I tested out almost all the cars (except the 2000GT, and Lacia Stratos). Very closely matched, fastest and slowest were seperated by 1.5sec, and I think most of that was due to me learning the track. I'm still not anywhere close to Fogles times. At best I'm pushing 1:16. With more concentration on a car, I'll get faster, but I don't see breaking 1:14.

I'll use the same cars in this spot race as I will for the series. I think I'm going to go with the 240Z (great all around), '67 Vette (gobs of power, and just plain cool), 350GT (faster than it feels, achieved my top time with it) and the Mini (Fast, and there will be a need for a FF).

The Loti are fast, but a little too much for me to handle.

Jay W
505/287 Dakota
 
[R] Toyota 2000GT - Deep Forest II
14.154
20.244
21.278
21.291
= 1:16.967 @ 141.84mph

Wow, I'm 4 seconds behind...but then again, Fogelhund's beat the best at Red Rock Valley with a Lotus Europa; maybe 4s back doesn't sound so bad after all!

At least "Mama Supra" is quite the looker.
 
Sorry, hadn't checked back in here. The due date according to the first GT2 series thread was the 24th, hence why I hadn't checked back.

The first race is well underway, and times are due on Monday at Noon EST. Check out the thread here https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/t-23198.html
 
opps. I must read it wrong, I finished up the times today:)

Here they are anyways.

[R]350GT
13.139
19.926
20.423
20.325
=1:13.813
@144.64

[R]'67 Vette
13.225
19.937
20.896
19.953
=1:14.011
@153.42

[R]240Z
13.475
20.032
20.429
20.584
=1:14.520
@140.20

[R]Rover Mini
13.834
20.241
20.402
20.961
=1:15.438
@134.56

I really want to use the mini for the series, but I was disappointed with its performance. So I'll probably sub in the '82 vette.

I'll get going with the series now.

Jay W
505/287 Dakota
 
Back