gt2 hybridding

Simplex 4100U

(Banned)
FireLite MS2
ok, i need some help on this. i know its possible, but i know you'd need to burn a whole new CD. i hybridded another game, Need For Speed: Porsche Unleashed(in the way that i just added better music, and made the cars all a little faster.), but when i burned the disc, it didn't work... PLEASE HELP?

also, does anyone know how to encode a disc to NTSC format? that was my problem with NFS: Porsche Unleashed.

Why in the world would you need to burn a new CD? A gameshark can take care of everything if you're using a console and there are various programs that work just fine if you're playing on an emulator.

not to mention Rogs. I also have some loose codes and info from hacking.

something you have to keep in mind, however, is that there's three versions of GT2, with different coding for each version, and a coding switch for the PAL format versions.

quick tip: the Vauxhall versions of Opel's are hidden on the disk, even in US coding. they look and sound better than the Opels, as far as I'm concerned.

*resident Gameshark Guru enters*

welcome to both the site, and those of us hack-lovers.

the codes work by swapping the info around for what bodyshell has what engine, etc in it. I'll have to do some searching for the PAL version of things if you need them.

*Complete novive enters*

Hi, i just want to stress NEW to gameshark codes:dopey:, What I mean is that where you see a code to rule the GT world all i see are numbers and letters. I need a bit more detail please.

Have your desired car in the first slot of your garage. (Press start while over your car, then save.)

The basecode comes first. It pretty much specifies what part or aspect of the car to modify.

Then you enter your part code. It specifies either from which car in the game your specified part will be swapped, or what setting your car has.

For example, to give your vehicle the engine and drive-train from the Escudo, we do like-a this (in the NTSC 1.2 Greatest Hits version):

801cd56c 0263
801cd56e 0263

To give your car maximum downforce (Again, in the NTSC 1.2 Greatest Hits version):

801cd5b2 ffff

Make sure you read this. Also, make sure you know what version of GT2 you have.

(Lol, while I was writing this, Cold Rock The Mic started playing on iTunes. Oh man, the good times...)

I'm a little bit more of a bigginer than that. What do you do with the codes, do you enter them as a name, do you need softwear to hack into the games data and re-write it, do you... well what do you do?

you need a game shark DEVICE to put the codes into. oh, and this only applies to PSX units below 5000. a PSOne has to use the same disk based gameshark with fixed codesets (which weren't addable to at the time) that the current generations do.

and, noting your residence, that kind of stuff may only be available Greymarket :P

oh-well I wont be doing any hybriding any time soon.

anyway, just out of interest, what can you do with hybriding besides mixing cars and multiplying power? can you manipulate tracks too?

There are some codes having to do with tracks. These have nothing to do with hybriding though. It would take me a bit of digging to find some, since it's been a while.

If I remember correctly, there are codes to switch out which track you race on. Also, people were messing with track mod codes (making a big bump in the track, not particularly useful other than the 'Hey, look what I can do!' factor) over at GTH a long time ago. I don't know anything about that, though, so don't bother asking me :P

yep there are track swapping codes. I created a variation of what was then called "pothole's headlight code", substituting the memory numbers of the rome at night track for the current track...so you could run with your lights on on a day track.

yep there are track swapping codes. I created a variation of what was then called "pothole's headlight code", substituting the memory numbers of the rome at night track for the current track...so you could run with your lights on on a day track.
I still have that code on my Old G/S! I still have all those old codes including Too Colds codes, Heydu's, KAB, Fiery etc... Great fun those days!

Back