GT2 on PS3 with Logitech G27

• Thread starter mickstanz
  • 26 comments
mickeydnz
Hi,
I'm thinking about buying GT2 (and GT1) to play on my 80GB PS3 as i recently found out that my PS3 can play PS1 games? (always thought it couldn't).

I'm just wanting to know if anyone knows if im able to use my Logitech G27 steering wheel with GT2 (and GT1) or do i need to go back to the controller?

I highly doubt, I own Gt1 for my playstation, and I Cant even get the anolog sticks working. Either way It was well worth 5 dollars (I would even pay 20) and even If I have to use my d-pad Its still a fun game.
It may be possible if you had an older model wheel, but the g27 is pretty recent, so I dont think it could signal it.

I have played both GT1 and GT2 on PS3, unfortunately my DFGT wheel has no steering function.

With a standard PS3 controler you can press "PS" buton and set your controller as "Analog" so you can play it with sticks.

Hi,
I'm thinking about buying GT2 (and GT1) to play on my 80GB PS3 as i recently found out that my PS3 can play PS1 games? (always thought it couldn't).

I'm just wanting to know if anyone knows if im able to use my Logitech G27 steering wheel with GT2 (and GT1) or do i need to go back to the controller?
Yeah, im not sure about the wheel. I was actually about to try 2 and 1 with the driving force pro (not the same as the g27 but not too far off).

And most people dont know but just about ALL ps3's play ps1 games through emulation, they just dont play ps2 games anymore.

Yeah, you see, the problem is that the G27 connects to the console via USB. The PlayStation (1) didn't have USB. No USB device is going to function in any way with it. Your best bet is to go get a PSone & a Mad Catz MC2 racing wheel.

None of the PS1 racing games supported the Driving Force wheels, because, well, they hadn't been invented yet. The games cannot interface with them, not even the couple of Driving Force wheels that did use the controller ports.
Most PS1 driving games (and several PS2 games before GT3 came out, like Ridge Racer V) used the negCon for analog steering, and most of the racing wheels for the PS1 were designed to emulate the negCon functionality. GT2 was a game that supported the negCon, which is what the Analog Steering options menu is for in GT2. Therefore, most PS1 steering wheels (and the early PS2 ones) will be able to be used with GT2.

Hi,

I have tryed this and it does work you need to have g27 as controller one and the settings in gt2 use the left analog stick for steering and accelerate and brake away you go you may need set the ds3 to controller one temporarily to switch analog control mode on :) good luck hope this helps

ps this should also work on dfgt

I have tryed this and it does work you need to have g27 as controller one and the settings in gt2 use the left analog stick for steering and accelerate and brake away you go you may need set the ds3 to controller one temporarily to switch analog control mode on :) good luck hope this helps

ps this should also work on dfgt
Hi... sorry... I'm an old guy (70 yrs old) & I know this is kind of late... but I just bought GT2 so that I could drive 1of my favorite cars... a Vector... can you do a video on how to set the G27 as controller 1... & how to set the left analog stick? Pretty please? & what is a ds3?

DS3 stands for DualShock 3, the PS3 controller
From what i can understand, daylight is saying that you need to plug your G27 into the PS3, then make your controller player 2 (press and hold the PS button, to bring up the menu, then change the controller to player 2). Then start the game, and go into the settings menu, at the controller settings. Assign Steering to the left stick (it should be on that by default provided Analog mode is activated), then assign Throttle and Brake to the left joystick's up and down motions by highlighting them and pressing left or right until you have the correct binding.
I'm not sure this is the best solution to be honest, it might be better to do this on an emulator like DuckStation, that supports a wheel as input through NegCon emulation if i understand correctly (i've yet to try it on my own G27, been meaning to for a bit but haven't had the opportunity yet).

From what i can understand, daylight is saying that you need to plug your G27 into the PS3, then make your controller player 2 (press and hold the PS button, to bring up the menu, then change the controller to player 2). Then start the game, and go into the settings menu, at the controller settings. Assign Steering to the left stick (it should be on that by default provided Analog mode is activated), then assign Throttle and Brake to the left joystick's up and down motions by highlighting them and pressing left or right until you have the correct binding.
I'm not sure this is the best solution to be honest, it might be better to do this on an emulator like DuckStation, that supports a wheel as input through NegCon emulation if i understand correctly (i've yet to try it on my own G27, been meaning to for a bit but haven't had the opportunity yet).
Hi Submaniac93... thank you so much for the great information... I appreciate it. My G27 works with all the other Gran Turismos... FIs... & Dirt. I'll give it a try today and let you know what happened. Thanks again.

I agree, emulation and using the wheel to emulate a NeGcon is the best solution. But speaking of Duckstation and NegCon emulation, has there been any updates or releases that allows your wheel to emulate Namco's JoGcon emulation? It would be nice to play JoGcon compatible games, using actual and TRUE force feedback signals from the JoGcon API to drive our FFB wheels. Chicken Liver, the guy behind the LilyPad plugin, was supposedly working on a way to do this, but I haven't heard anything from him on that front.

Hi Guys... sorry... I don't understand anything you're saying. I can't get my G27 to steer... accelerate or brake when I try to play GT2. It seems I won't be able to save my progress either because there's no memory card being recognized. This is getting extremely frustrating. I may just go back to using my G27 with GT5 & GT6... and forget about driving the Vector.

The PS1 emulator within the PS3 probably doesn't recognize the G27 as a possible controller then, which means you can only play using a controller then. A shame, but i'm not surprised, the PS1 doesn't do USB after all, so it sorta makes sense they don't support it.

Hi Guys... sorry... I don't understand anything you're saying. I can't get my G27 to steer... accelerate or brake when I try to play GT2. It seems I won't be able to save my progress either because there's no memory card being recognized. This is getting extremely frustrating. I may just go back to using my G27 with GT5 & GT6... and forget about driving the Vector.
You need to create a memory card file on the PS3 in the Game Save Data area (I think, it's been a while since I did it) before you can save the PS games. Or you can get a little device with a slot for an old style memory card that you plug into the PS3 using the controller charge cable or other suitable USB lead.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Thanx Guys... I can certainly find the "Game Save Data" on the PS3... but if I can't use my G27 and have to resort to a hand held controller... it's no longer a simulator & becomes just a game.

Thanx Guys... I can certainly find the "Game Save Data" on the PS3... but if I can't use my G27 and have to resort to a hand held controller... it's no longer a simulator & becomes just a game.

I wouldn’t say that it’s just tech at the time you would not have anything like the G27, however I wouldn’t limit yourself to just simulators as your limiting yourself there. GT2 is a good game even without a wheel.

@bumpalee I'm just now looking through your questions.

If it's a matter of setting your controls up, I found 2 videos on youtube that show the proper settings (the videos are for different controllers/wheels, but the in-game stuff should be the same as yours).

(Starts @ around 2:37)
(Starts @ 0:20)

See if this helps at all. I'm sorry it's so hard to help with this kind of stuff. It might just not work with the PS3 like submaniac93 was saying. Maybe someone else will come along that knows exactly what to do, but this is my best attempt to help. Good luck sir, hope you find a way!

Last edited:
Hi Phyxics... thank you so much for your help. I love racing sims & I love the Vector. It's a shame that the only sim that features my favorite car is GT2. My PS3 works well with my G27 with every other program except GT2. At 70 yrs old... I'm not tech savvy enough to understand a lot of the talk the guys on this site are using so I'll certainly check out the videos you sent... and hopefully I'll be up and running really soon. I'm getting really discouraged and I'm about ready to give up on GT2 and forget about ever driving the Vector. Thanks again.

Hi Phyxics... thank you so much for your help. I love racing sims & I love the Vector. It's a shame that the only sim that features my favorite car is GT2. My PS3 works well with my G27 with every other program except GT2. At 70 yrs old... I'm not tech savvy enough to understand a lot of the talk the guys on this site are using so I'll certainly check out the videos you sent... and hopefully I'll be up and running really soon. I'm getting really discouraged and I'm about ready to give up on GT2 and forget about ever driving the Vector. Thanks again.

Hey mate did you end up getting this working?

Latest Posts

Back