• Thread starter Conza
  • 3 comments

Conza

Sports Caraholic
Premium
Australia
Melbourne
Conza_No1
I've recently purchased both GT3 and GT4 for a total of $11 combined ($3 + $8 respectively) and I'm quite surprised at how good both games are, really lowers my graphical and gameplay (if not physics and control) respect I had for GT5 before playing them both.

But is there any point, in using my wheel for GT3 now? GT4 seems fantastic, might become my favourite GT, but GT3 seems like your shoving a hippo on rollerblades when using a wheel (or a DS2 for that fact, little to no improvement with a wheel).

And the wheel in question, I think is the perfect modern wheel for this game the Driving Force GT (modern, I said modern), which maps almost exactly the same as the Pro, same pedals, ect, however it just doesn't... work a 10th as good as it does with GT5, and GT4 is right up there with 5 amazingly. Sure it works, 180 degrees FFB (which is enough), strength is good on simulation, calibrates perfectly, but I don't feel the car, and all the cars understeer?

I think unfortunately GT3 might be a step too far backward in time to start now, 2007 or earlier, I think it might've still been alright, but especially compared to the massive leap GT4 makes from it, I not sure if I can sit through it. That's what it feels like, it is so difficult it isn't fun - GT4 completely feels opposite.

Does everyone feel the controls are really dull too? Is it just a time warp thing, its too late for me to get into it (eg, if you bought this after playing GT4 once)?

So how about it, does anyone else still/play GT3 with a wheel? Any thoughts on how to adapt to it for someone ust to playing GT5 with a DFGT/G27? Any helpful tips (to avoid rage quitting like I did 20 minutes ago because my MX-5s stupid fiddly steering cost me a race, again)?

GT4 & GT5 support the full 2.5-turn-lock-to-lock on Logitech wheels (& others) so 'feels' a bit more intuitive. I have to agree, I tried my DF Pro to see if it would give me a smoother line for the RUF slalom tests but the wheel felt so unresponsive. So DS2 works better but I'd love to have the DS3s L2 & R2 buttons for better acceleration and braking (I find these easier when using MT)

GT4 & GT5 support the full 2.5-turn-lock-to-lock on Logitech wheels (& others) so 'feels' a bit more intuitive. I have to agree, I tried my DF Pro to see if it would give me a smoother line for the RUF slalom tests but the wheel felt so unresponsive. So DS2 works better but I'd love to have the DS3s L2 & R2 buttons for better acceleration and braking (I find these easier when using MT)

Yes me too, I doubt that the triggers would respond quite right, even if you could get a DS3 to work on a PS2. I think Ill go back to GT3 with the DS2 ready, just a shame that I can't use my wheel/stand to enjoy GT3.

I can correct a skid more easily with the controller, GT5 special event with the Lamborghini as the sun is setting (Grand Tour?) I found impossible with DFPro but succeeded in a good clean effort in 3 goes with the DS3?!

Back