GT3 Balancing Patch 3.0

• Thread starter Markeeez18
  • 12 comments
United Kingdom
Southampton
I read somewhere that the Ferrari had a slight nerf, they reduced the size of the restrictor by 4mm so the power is down by 3HP and peak power occurs a little earlier at 150rpm. Equates to around half a second a lap slower (Track dependant), is that enough?
Has anyone experienced any buffs to the other cars?
The problem is all the Time Trial times will still exsist even though the performance of the cars have changed slightly so hard to read the cars post patch.

I read somewhere that the Ferrari had a slight nerf, they reduced the size of the restrictor by 4mm so the power is down by 3HP and peak power occurs a little earlier at 150rpm. Equates to around half a second a lap slower (Track dependant), is that enough?
Has anyone experienced any buffs to the other cars?
The problem is all the Time Trial times will still exsist even though the performance of the cars have changed slightly so hard to read the cars post patch.
Where did you read that technical info?

Thats interesting. I was wondering if I just sucked more. Couldnt reach my previous best lap at red bull ring national in the ferrari. I was about a full second off.

What do you think about the 650 GT3 now that the Ferrari is slower?

I really can't comment too much on it. I haven't done much overall in the GT3 class personally, and almost nothign with that car in particular. I am running GTE in our league. We are running and IMSA style series with LMP2, GTE and GT3.

In both GTE and GT3, the 488 WAS by far the clear runaway car. Unfortunately, no one is driving the 650 in the series, so we don't have a lot of hard data on it to compare to, other than the data we gathered for the HP loss at altitude testing. From conversations with other drivers though, the 650 just doesn't handle as well as the 488. In both classes (GTE/GT3) the 488 not only seemed to have a power advantage, but it also had a near perfect tune on it right out of the box. It was just a straight up perfect car. Anyone with even moderate driving skill could jump into it, never touch the default setup, and run at the front.

I do know that the turbo cars have a definite power advantage right now. To the point where there is no reason to even consider a non-turbo car in either class.

Since patch 3 came out, the 488 has been toned down a little bit, but it's still a clear front runner. The changes reduced the power, and impacted it's high speed cornering, but then they also improved it's low speed cornering as part of it, so overall, while it did drop in pace, it didn't drop a whole lot. We are currently prepping for our race on Indy Road Course tomorrow night, and from what I have seen, the car is about .3 - .5 seconds per lap slower there than pre-patch.

I think the update for the non-turbo cars will close the gaps a lot more. As you can see in that thread I linked, the non-turbo cars were getting hit pretty hard by the altitude change (double to triple what they should be). The Corvette C7.R and AMR Vantage GTE are currently both losing ~40HP for a less than 1000ft change in altitude. Based on our tests, at Nurburgring (highest elevation track in the game), it's about an 80HP loss, while the turbos lose almost nothing. That's probably the main reason why most of the cars fall so far behind the 488, although it doesn't explain the rest of the turbo cars in GT3 also falling behind (Bentley, Cadillac, GTR, NSX, etc.).

I'm confident that with the changes in Patch 3, and the eventual patch 4 update, that they will get the fields balanced much better.

I'm just really happy to know that they are listening, investigating and addressing the concerns.

I really can't comment too much on it. I haven't done much overall in the GT3 class personally, and almost nothign with that car in particular. I am running GTE in our league. We are running and IMSA style series with LMP2, GTE and GT3.

In both GTE and GT3, the 488 WAS by far the clear runaway car. Unfortunately, no one is driving the 650 in the series, so we don't have a lot of hard data on it to compare to, other than the data we gathered for the HP loss at altitude testing. From conversations with other drivers though, the 650 just doesn't handle as well as the 488. In both classes (GTE/GT3) the 488 not only seemed to have a power advantage, but it also had a near perfect tune on it right out of the box. It was just a straight up perfect car. Anyone with even moderate driving skill could jump into it, never touch the default setup, and run at the front.

I do know that the turbo cars have a definite power advantage right now. To the point where there is no reason to even consider a non-turbo car in either class.

Since patch 3 came out, the 488 has been toned down a little bit, but it's still a clear front runner. The changes reduced the power, and impacted it's high speed cornering, but then they also improved it's low speed cornering as part of it, so overall, while it did drop in pace, it didn't drop a whole lot. We are currently prepping for our race on Indy Road Course tomorrow night, and from what I have seen, the car is about .3 - .5 seconds per lap slower there than pre-patch.

I think the update for the non-turbo cars will close the gaps a lot more. As you can see in that thread I linked, the non-turbo cars were getting hit pretty hard by the altitude change (double to triple what they should be). The Corvette C7.R and AMR Vantage GTE are currently both losing ~40HP for a less than 1000ft change in altitude. Based on our tests, at Nurburgring (highest elevation track in the game), it's about an 80HP loss, while the turbos lose almost nothing. That's probably the main reason why most of the cars fall so far behind the 488, although it doesn't explain the rest of the turbo cars in GT3 also falling behind (Bentley, Cadillac, GTR, NSX, etc.).

I'm confident that with the changes in Patch 3, and the eventual patch 4 update, that they will get the fields balanced much better.

I'm just really happy to know that they are listening, investigating and addressing the concerns.
Have you seen any info on the specifics for what was changed within the GT3 class? They must have buffed some of the slower cars as well.

Have you seen any info on the specifics for what was changed within the GT3 class? They must have buffed some of the slower cars as well.

No idea about specifics. I know that almost all cars in GT3 and GTE received an increase in torque, but retained their horsepower. The 488 is the exception as it had it's air restrictor reduced slightly to drop it by about 3HP.

Last edited:
Patch 3 BoP was for the better. Big change will be the tweaks to NA/Turbo @ altitude for the class. Both combined will be interesting.

The IT technician in me really wishes they would tell us what the issues with it were that Doug914 mentioned.

The Business Manager in me knows exactly why they will keep it high level and not tell us much.

Just once I wish IT tech me would win :D

I just want some Ai balancing now. gt3 class career is still a bit all over the map. Le mans bugatti circuit and brno need a lot more ai speed

Latest Posts

Back