GT3 Hybrids - Feel free to show yours

• Thread starter Zero McDol
  • 23 comments
United States
United States
I'm finally (after all these years lol) able to make hybrids in GT3.

My First Hybrid, now upgraded with F1 tires and a 787B Clutch (I don't care about which clutch I use, long as it's from a race car)

I'm very much the underdog in this race haha (AE86 S.S. has 350hp only)

Last edited:
Sticking with 10 vids at a time only, feel free to show off your hybrids.

Inspired by the 2004 M3 GTR Race Car - Motor: CLK Race motor/stock exhaust (no N/A tuning)

Lot of work finding the engine with the right sound (3400S motor - sport exhaust)

Last edited:
Alright! Here goes. I haven't made too many hybrids in GT3 yet. And I mostly go for semi-crazy stuff, contrary to how I do it in GT1 and 2. x)

~1100hp Aston Martin Vanquish

~600hp Lotus Motorsport Elise

~5000hp RX7 LM, made for speed.

~3000hp FTO LM, made for being fast on tracks, but I didn't up its downforce to crazy amount.

~4000hp R32 GTR, tried making a super quick road car... but meh. Too much torque.

Rest on the next post because of the 5 embedded media limit.

~1100hp Clio Cup, made for an easy Clio cup championship.

910hp trusty Castrol Supra GT only with maximum downforce, nothing else. Used that for most of my hybridized playthrough.

~600hp Trueno AE86, for fun.

~1400hp Tuscan, because I needed one.

Looks like I need to get back to Gran Tursimo 3 again to do some hybriding of my own, I found a resource for the values if needed if you want, it's very deep in GTP though, a super MR2 would be awesome.

Great job on the hybrids submaniac93, love the F1 tires 👍. I retuned all of my MR-S's with them a few days ago, after experiencing how insanse grip was.

Cool JakeMR2, feel free to post them here 👍. Edit: So far I'm ok. If you know any base car codes, that'd be great. I'm unfortunely only working with a codebreaker, so codes are very hard to find at the moment.

Thinking about building another MR-S in the 4k hp range, I'll post it if it turns out well.

Last edited:
The magic of GT3 garage editor is what I use ^^'
I've never owned a cheat disc except on my psp. Plus, with how many codes are needed to make anything... i'm better off with save modding. Playing on pc is also a big plus for that... much easier to add codes :3
I can also use cheat engine here and there for simple stuff like downforce editing or money raining xD

Also yeah. If you want grip, F1 tires are an absolute requirement. >.>
Once you use them, it's hard to let go too :X

The magic of GT3 garage editor is what I use ^^'
I've never owned a cheat disc except on my psp. Plus, with how many codes are needed to make anything... i'm better off with save modding. Playing on pc is also a big plus for that... much easier to add codes :3
I can also use cheat engine here and there for simple stuff like downforce editing or money raining xD

Also yeah. If you want grip, F1 tires are an absolute requirement. >.>
Once you use them, it's hard to let go too :X

Ty for the info, I'll definitely keep that in mind, and may do that for future hybrids 👍.

Very true haha, their gripping power is second to none :D.

You can probably make a older X2010 make believe hybrid super Racer with those tires, got to get the gearing right though.

Probably. However you'll never be able to get the same amount of grip at low speeds, but with maximum downforce, F1 tires, a long-ish chassis, so maybe use one of the F1s as base, F1 (Naturally Aspirated) engine, a little bit of turbo upgrade and.. I guess we could get something quite good. However, I don't think there's a way to get 7 speed. I don't even know if there's a 7-speed transmission car in GT3.

I don't think there is. I originally thought the F1 cars would have 7 gears like in GT4 and up.

Unfortunately, since GT3's F1s are based on models from the 80-90s (1994 for the most recent), they're all 6 speed. Oh well lol.

You can probably make a older X2010 make believe hybrid super Racer with those tires, got to get the gearing right though.

Gave it a shot, upped the hp on my MR-S to 4220hp (It's my main hybrid, so it gets special treatment lol), very hard to drive haha.

Also wanted to mention, my video list will be updated periodically as I make more vids, but I'll keep it at 10 at a time.

Gave it a shot, upped the hp on my MR-S to 4220hp (It's my main hybrid, so it gets special treatment lol), very hard to drive haha.

Also wanted to mention, my video list will be updated periodically as I make more vids, but I'll keep it at 10 at a time.
Right now I am building the ultimate Trueno first, I used a Rotary engine from the FD, and gave it 10 multiplier for the HP, and will share my .ini file with you guys, this is also done with GT3gEdit.

Edit:
I ruined my Trueno.... :(
09-01-2017_00.jpg

Last edited:
I figured, I remember making the same mistake myself when I first started hybriding in GT3 and awesome, can't wait to see it in action :D.

I realised that there's a video that's gone missing (from those I wanted to post here). I don't know when it disappeared (probably when I compressed them after recording xD) so i'll post it in a bit. It's nothing much, just a top speed run, basically how fast could I push a hybrid on Test Course. >.>

EDIT: Here

Last edited:
Nice, I just made a test course specific, drag supra myself 👍.

Here's a list of a few downforce settings I use for my specific bhp lv's.

Front/Rear
800hp and up: 225/255 e1/ff
590+ to 700+: 195/225 c3/e1
450/570: 175/205 af/cd
321/450: 155/185 9b/b9
251/320: 125/155 78/9b
197/250+ : 95/125 5f/78
70/196: 65/95, or 75/105 pending on the car 41/5f & 4b/69

I found these to be pretty good downfroce settings to maintain strong handling and decent top speed.

Last edited:
Best chasses choices for weight, but will only fit correctly if the wheelbase length matches. All have been tested on various hybrids I've made and are very well-balanced:

787B chassis
R390 chassis
GT-One chassis
Escudo Pikes Peak chasses
ZZS chassis

The only cars that I found that none the chassis don't fit completely is the 240SX (S13) and RX7 (FC).

For chassis choices I only try to get within 5mm difference to original. Which is a bother considering the limited choices, but heh. I don't like seeing my wheels misplaced on the car i'm driving.

Edit: New hybrid (a request)

I feel you and I also will refuse to build a car if the wheelbase doesn't match. I go about 10mm, pending on how the wheelbase lines up.

Back