Gt3 On Xbox? (Merged Threads)

Well, I have herd some speculations that GT3 may go over to X BLUGH, Uh i ment, X BOX. This i know is true! I mean, why would SONY send it greatest creation to XBOX? Wouldn't make since! Do I think some day it will make it? MAYbe, it would be titled, GT: X  or sumthin, BUT i hightly doubt it! XBOX looks OK BUT LISTEN TO MY NEGATIVES:

1. Xbox looks to 90-sh style
2. can you say ug-l-y?
3. What good games?
4. Ha! 2 years you can say, bye-bye!

BUT HEY, I COULD BE WRONG, I NEVER HAD PLAYED IT....... BUT I AM SURE, I WILL BE RIGHT....LOL.

-Josh

never happen.  Sony would never leicense out one of it's only real advantages over the x-box.  That would be like nintendo allowing Mario to appear on PS2.  
In other words, if you have a 100 megaton nuclear warhead aimed at an enemy nation and they have a catapult, you don't even the playing field.

90's? how does the xbox look 90's? It looks 80's! Or even 60's! Its looks like its either from the first back to the futuremovie, or the War of the Worlds movie. My Point: It may be high tech, but it looks like its just TRYING to be high-tech.

Quote: from BMW M3 on 11:17 pm on Aug. 11, 2001[br]90's? how does the xbox look 90's? It looks 80's! Or even 60's! Its looks like its either from the first back to the futuremovie, or the War of the Worlds movie. My Point: It may be high tech, but it looks like its just TRYING to be high-tech.
well said, a 350, eh? :D

I have a geforce3 in my computer, and let me say that it is a monster.  I don't have any games I can't run at 1600x1200 resolution.  (Quake3 TA 100fps+)
I hate to say it doen't look good for Sony in this round.  I won't buy the x-box though (microsoft and no other reason), I'd watch the gamecube though as it will also be a monster.  (Better Textures than x-box too)

Originally posted by Tom McDonnell
I have a geforce3 in my computer, and let me say that it is a monster.  I don't have any games I can't run at 1600x1200 resolution.  (Quake3 TA 100fps+)
I hate to say it doen't look good for Sony in this round.  I won't buy the x-box though (microsoft and no other reason), I'd watch the gamecube though as it will also be a monster.  (Better Textures than x-box too)

I dont want to criticize your purchase, but is the $400 you paid for the GF3 card, plus the $1300 or so to buy the computer make your games look THAT much better than on a PS2?

I recently upgraded to a respectable computer, (used for business stuff mainly, but its quick) and I have yet to find a game that runs nearly as well as on my PS2. The only games I play on it are diablo 2 and Black and White, as they are not available for PS2.

I realize that what you are reffering to is the Xbox including a slimmed down GF3, but can you honestly say that games run better on your PC than on your PS2?

Keep in mind that on a TV, you cant use 1600x1200 resolution, so lets level it off to around 800x600. (High def is 1080 line, DVD is 480 line, so 600 line is pushing it, but I promise you that your PS2 isnt generating 1600x1200 images.)

Can you REALLY see the extra textures being applied per pass? Can you detect the extra per pixel shading?

The real question is, assuming the same output device, can you see the Xbox producing a noticably superior graphical display?

I dont think so, but maybe I'm wrong.
Anybody else?

The only thing I saw the X-BOX have playing on it was Role playing games an fighting. I do not think they will even have any racing games untill later on... Iam sticking with my PS2

Lee

Hardly to the role playing games thing. Fighting is about the only good thing it has with Dead or Alive 3. Sony OWNS the Gran Turismo series.

Originally posted by Audiman
Hardly to the role playing games thing. Fighting is about the only good thing it has with Dead or Alive 3. Sony OWNS the Gran Turismo series.

Yeah, bummed about DOA3 not being on the PS2. I really liked DOA2...

Originally posted by BrianCNorton

I dont want to criticize your purchase, but is the $400 you paid for the GF3 card, plus the $1300 or so to buy the computer make your games look THAT much better than on a PS2?..........

The real question is, assuming the same output device, can you see the Xbox producing a noticably superior graphical display?
?

It really depends on which game you are referring to when you ask if it runs better on my computer. There really isn't too much overlap on the really great games. (especially ones originated in the console world)

Generally speaking First person shooters and space flight sims are strictly computer (Max Payne and Freespace). Why? 10% graphics, 90% control. Driving and Fighting games (GT3 and Tekken)- console all the way, why? 10% graphics, 90% control. To take it a step further, look at GT3, I don't have any PC games that offer that level of detail (Sun on the pavement, Environmental reflections on the cars, wet pavement etc. etc.) Check out a copy of Emperor: Battle for Dune and ask yourself if a PS2 or XBox with limited TV resolution could pull off the necesary level of detail needed AND show a large enough portion of the Battlefield. That is where 1600 x 1200 really comes into play.

Basically what I am saying is that I go for the best game experience possible, and on my PC that means Geforce 3 and silky smooth gameplay. (And I mean Silllllllllky) (I also don't really have to budget myself yet, so I tend to waste a little too much $)

As for your last question, I think that the PS2 could have competed easily against the Xbox and Gamecube, except that it lacks real Anti-Aliasing. Imagine Really sharp PS2 graphics, with no fogging to hide pop-up, and no flickering and no "swimmy" edges like in GT3's crowds and chain link fences. (maybe, I still have hope that there will be though:) Anyway, I go wherever Squaresoft does. (and Capcom, Namco, and probably SCEA)

And just so you don't think that I'm resolution obsessed, when I can't bear to race another race in a day, but still want to play video games I am playing Crono Trigger (PS version) which I think is 320x240.

Sorry to everyone else for going 3 miles left center off the main topic here (GT3)

Originally posted by PS2machine
Well, I have herd some speculations that GT3 may go over to X BLUGH, Uh i ment, X BOX. This i know is true! I mean, why would SONY send it greatest creation to XBOX? Wouldn't make since! Do I think some day it will make it? MAYbe, it would be titled, GT: X  or sumthin, BUT i hightly doubt it! XBOX looks OK BUT LISTEN TO MY NEGATIVES:

1. Xbox looks to 90-sh style
2. can you say ug-l-y?
3. What good games?
4. Ha! 2 years you can say, bye-bye!

BUT HEY, I COULD BE WRONG, I NEVER HAD PLAYED IT....... BUT I AM SURE, I WILL BE RIGHT....LOL.

-Josh
impossible a guy in babbages told me that Xbox said that GT3 isn't good enough for there system

i just watched tv..and they showed a clip of the XBOX
demo at some science fair or somehting..
they also showed GT3 with it too....i'm not kidding

Riiiiiiiiiiight. Even though Sony and Microsoft are direct competitors and GT3 is one of Sony's best selling titles...I'm sure Sony would just let Microsoft have GT3 for Xbox. Did you ever stop to think that it might be another racing title?

Hi, I doubt it very much, unless someone comes-up with some device which allows this, but it will not be with any help from Sony.

The game you saw might have been one called 'Gotham City Racing' or something like that, it's a sweet looking game but I'm sure it's no GT3... I read that the time of day when racing will be the time on the system clock - that's cool!

have you every looked at the specs for xbox? its a hell lot fast and better than ps2. i hope it has a gt game on it and if it doesnt i bet bill gates will buy sony so it does. lol also who cares about how it looks. when it comes out i am guessing alot of you are going to get it

Originally posted by Axtoo
have you every looked at the specs for xbox? its a hell lot fast and better than ps2. i hope it has a gt game on it and if it doesnt i bet bill gates will buy sony so it does. lol also who cares about how it looks. when it comes out i am guessing alot of you are going to get it

Bill Gates cannot buy Sony

nuff' said

Who here would really like an X-Box? I mean, since Microsoft will have ownership over all the games over x-box, they'll convert them all to PC anyway. And it looks like we all have a PC here...
And the GameCube, honestly, lets take a look back in history....
When N64 came out, the only advantage that it had over PS was the fact that there wasn't the LOADING screen up. The graphics were a lot worse when it came to 3d effects, and if you wanted to improve the graphics for SOME games, you had to buy an extra chip or something. People still prefer PS over N64 because the games are better, better gameplay, and you can play with more than just 4 people on PS 2 ways, 1) Multitap
2)iLINK
Gamecube is just a modified N64 if you ask me, I mean, look at it. Sure, now they use DVD's, like everyone else, but they still have the 4 controller plugs, and it kind of resembles an N64, along with the X-Box.

I do not think that GT will be on X-Box, but there is a game coming out called Gotham Racing which is a lot like GT but cars saw damage and what not. Its hard to tell though since X-Box is still up in the air about many things....well theres my 2 pennies

Back