GT3 replay problem

  • Thread starter Thread starter millcreek
  • 5 comments
  • 543 views
Messages
24
When watching a replay in first perspective (in car camera) i am experiencing a problem with the sound of the game. The engine noise intermittently goes off and on. The sound of the engine may go out for approximately 5 seconds and then come back on. I really like to hear the engine growl and usually watch the replay in some kind of first perspective form. Does anyone else experience this same kind of problem?
 
First thing I'd check is all the cables and connections having anything to do with the sound. A typical case for me having this problem is when the audio/videocable is not completely plugged into the PS2.
 
I have had a problem with replay sound where at the end of one particular cut (right before a camera change) the engine noise changes over to a loud droning buzz for a fraction of a second. This usually happens more frequently after playing for a long time. I don't think it is related to your problem. If just the engine sound cuts out but the music stays then it is most likely not a wiring problem. Try cleaning the disk.
 
Originally posted by ZZII
If just the engine sound cuts out but the music stays then it is most likely not a wiring problem. Try cleaning the disk.

That doesn't make sense. The engine sound is generated from memory whereas the music is streamed from CD. That's why the music stops when you remove the disc mid-game, but the rest doesn't.
 
I was just thinking that if it were a wiring problem, that all sound would be cut out. I could be wrong.
 
i think he means when ur watchin ur replays and GT3 sorta halfway mutes the engine sounds till later. I don't think it's a bug but o well...don't think u can fix it
 
Back