gt3 wheel mount

  • Thread starter Thread starter advanR
  • 9 comments
  • 505 views

advanR

(Banned)
Messages
1,389
I have a momo wheel, I havent used it much with gts because hunching over to use it when connected to a bench I have here is not fun. I just bought f355 challenge so I would like a comfortable setup for the wheel.

I remember EGM had a snippet in the back of their magazine about a guy online that made a neat thing you could mount the wheel to, not needing a table then. It was kind of like those race sim things people build, but not so massive and nerdy. Just mount a wheel to it and set it in front of your couch.

Anyone know of a site that sells this or something like it? I dont think I want to bother with building something myself, but if its easy enough I might try. Like if I could buy some cheap fiber board furniture at target that it would mount on good. I dont have woodworking tools or skills.
 
my uncle just glued it to a coffee table when he bought his one. works pritty good because the coffee table is a decent height and he has this real small seat. the pedals still move tho.
 
I have this small CD stand that has a flat top that is about 1ft by 2ft wide on the top and is 3 ft high. I attach my wheel to that and sit in a chair, good height and comfortable too. Plus its light so I can always move it out of the way when needed...
 
mcgeyver, hehe. That sounds good palm, you have any information about the model or company who made it? if you have a digital camera I would really appreciate a picture of it.
 
I have a webcam. Will take picture. Im warning you, not very good quality res lol...
 
Here it is. Dont know the brand...
 

Attachments

  • cd stand.jpg
    cd stand.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 62
thanks. picture is horrible but I now have an idea of what is wehre on it. Sorry for all of the questions, if you cant answer any I will just go to target and see what I can find.

where did you buy it?
is there a place to put the pedals under the wheel, or do they have to be closer to you than the wheel is? I am looking for something comfortable, I hate it when your arms and shoulders are hunched out. Its not very easy to be using it for long that way.

thanks
 
Well I have a Bucket seat from a car I had found in the scrapyard (for cars, where you can buy parts). I put the pedals a little farther back, like in a real car so you can get good control and is comfortable. If you want to find a good position try this:

1. Sit in a chair (if your reading this you probably are lol )

2. Extend you legs like you would in a car (knees bent at around a 45 degree angle and make sure you feet can sit flat on the floor without streatching).

3. Extend your arms out straight or a little bit downward (to the height of where your wheel would be).

Thats pretty much the postion you want. Gives great control while giving good comfortability.

I got the stand at a thrift shop for $5 but I think you can get it at Target or anywhere else they sell music, DVD's, games, etc. I turn it longways so I can have a leg one each side since I put the pedals behind it...
 
Back