GT3 with Logitech Driving Force GT

• Thread starter mark102
  • 16 comments
Canada
Canada
Hello,

I Recently picked up a PS2 and this great game for cheap, and have been playing it for the past couple months. Always wanted to play the Gran Turismo series and havent really enjoyed a racing game (or owned a console) since NFS Porsche 2000 on the PC. Found someone selling the PS2 DFGT wheel, again for cheap ($10!), so I picked it up. Barely had a chance to try it, but I noticed the Force Feedback doesnt seem to work (it centers itself, and drives pretty well). Hard to find any configuration info on this wheel since its pretty old stuff now- is it likely to work better with GT4 or are there any other tips for getting it working?

It should "lock" itself into 200° mode but otherwise function as normal with GT3. Does it calibrate when you plug it in?

I think I figured it out.. What I have is a. "logitech driving force" - not gt.. Older and apparently less force feedback, 200deg only, etc. It does calibrate when I go to the wheel in the option menu. Very difficult in steering assist "simulation" mode.. I guess will take some practice esp. with my higher hp cars. I should maybe try a different steering assist setting. Also I have to get it set up at the right height with the right chair..

Hello,

I Recently picked up a PS2 and this great game for cheap, and have been playing it for the past couple months. Always wanted to play the Gran Turismo series and havent really enjoyed a racing game (or owned a console) since NFS Porsche 2000 on the PC. Found someone selling the PS2 DFGT wheel, again for cheap ($10!), so I picked it up. Barely had a chance to try it, but I noticed the Force Feedback doesnt seem to work (it centers itself, and drives pretty well). Hard to find any configuration info on this wheel since its pretty old stuff now- is it likely to work better with GT4 or are there any other tips for getting it working?

I have just started playing too and the feedback is weak but the cars feel floaty and uncontrollable. It's not fun for me, I feel as if I have no control. My settings are feedback on and simulation mode

Edit: I'm currently stuck on S-2 due to the controls being horrible and TV being too big for the PS2's resolution

Last edited:
I have just started playing too and the feedback is weak but the cars feel floaty and uncontrollable. It's not fun for me, I feel as if I have no control. My settings are feedback on and simulation mode

Edit: I'm currently stuck on S-2 due to the controls being horrible and TV being too big for the PS2's resolution

Still haven't had much of a chance to use it, but I did a couple of races with steering assist set to "amateur" and it felt pretty good, I've only done the first 2 licences & rally with the regular controller (just bronze-silver in almost all) so will have to see how S goes.

I don't know if this guy is still around (the setups are from another GT site) but I have been using "Fumes" setups on various cars (most setups more than 10 years old now) and I find the improvement in handling is huge . Just google Fumes and whatever car you want to do - unless you know what your doing enough to do your own setups - I don't (but I'm learning)

Still haven't had much of a chance to use it, but I did a couple of races with steering assist set to "amateur" and it felt pretty good, I've only done the first 2 licences & rally with the regular controller (just bronze-silver in almost all) so will have to see how S goes.

I've tried Beginner, Pro and Simulation since I thought they'd be better, I'll give Amateur a shot 👍 I have been running the 150 mile Super speedway event. Not going well, I've done it 4 times no top prize (just in case you don't want to be told the prizes)

Surprised to run into this thread as I too have been playing gt3 w/ an old driving force. Cool 👍

Strongly suggest using sim mode on the wheel. good practice would be easy arcade races with slower cars.

I can help w/ tuning and tips, just ask here. Fumes' tunes are way too sprung for wheel use.

What car for the super speedway induro? I` ll give it a go.

Finally got time to play a bit tonight. Getting more used to it on sim but haven't won any. Getting the pedals secured is a must. I was trying some of the beginner races with better cars I've won and haven't tuned like the skyline. Never tried enduro but car I was doing best with before the wheel was Lancer vii maxed out and tuned to Fumes'. The springs are set pretty tight 11,14 I think if that's what you mean?

The springs are set pretty tight 11,14 I think if that's what you mean?

Yeah, among other things. His tunes are great for hot laps with ds3 but with a wheel you will have trouble finding the limit and be prone to spin, fight snap, eta.

There are things to do that can help feeling beter connected and smoother with a wheel, especially while learning. No button mashing lol.

I'll post a skyline tune I've been working if you want.

Sure that'd be great.
Been spinning out a lot.. The handbrake being where it is on the triangle button doesnt help :) managed to score a bronze with fumes camaro ss setup to 700hp NA despite wiping out multilple times on one of the stars and stripes races

Ok, I posted a gt-r vspec II r32 on gtv. make sure you use the parts I picked.

Hope it works for you 👍 Smooth inputs is the key, it won't understeer if you are patient.

Been going through the Ib licence (just for bronze for now) having some trouble on #6 the slalom course .. really liking this wheel though

really liking that setup so far.. couldn't quite afford the tires, brake controller, weight reduction yet so its not done but soon. One thing: There is no auto set 20 on the transimission? Lowest I get is 21 and i can't quite move the gears to your exact numbers but its close..
Still can't get that damn slalom track either on the Ib licence I dont know how the demo driver does it accelerating pretty well the whole time like that..

Are you sure you have the same skyline? It should go down to 18. You can get the same gearing using the tranny trick, lots of info about on here.

For that test get into 4th early and get into a rythm with the gas and coasting, then lesson the coast each try.

i think the same .. it was won in the beginner world championship. I''ll make sure I have all the parts and look that trick up.
Made it through the first slalom I'm on the second (unassisted) now. I had been putting off switching to manual but I guess its for the best- works well with the padels.

Back