GT300 = Fun

  • Thread starter Thread starter HaylRayzor
  • 28 comments
  • 2,939 views

HaylRayzor

HASA Member
Premium
Messages
3,130
Messages
HaylRayzor
I passed up the "low hp" race cars for a long time in the game. After all, what is the point of a race car with "only" 300hp??? My family sedan has more power than that. "Real" race cars have monster horsepower!

Boy was I wrong! I finally tried a GT300 car out of boredom and curiousity and it was the most fun I've had in GT5. Now I'm trying to collect every GT300 car in the game.
 
Good for you :)
It just goes to show that you don't need to be driving a powerful race car to have fun.
You can have fun in weaker cars (BHP wise) such as the 300 SL or Nissan Silvia.
 
Don't over look the used touring cars. They're great fun too. The sad part is, they're rare online, so I've haven't been in a touring car race yet. Maybe someone should start a league if there isn't one already.
 
Don't over look the used touring cars. They're great fun too. The sad part is, they're rare online, so I've haven't been in a touring car race yet. Maybe someone should start a league if there isn't one already.

Everyone is so concerned about going "fast" and winning that they honestly don't give a crap about driving cars that are actually fun to drive...
 
Everyone is so concerned about going "fast" and winning that they honestly don't give a crap about driving cars that are actually fun to drive...

This is so true. Its really never about big hp or coming first, its always about testing your own skill and trying to compete in a fair manner.

Super GT300 is a good way for both Fast and Slower drivers to compete fairly as sometimes 800hp is way to much for some people to handle.
 
I've been dying to do some online races with the gt300 class race cars. I'm still unsure of wether people would join though. Anybody intrested?

These are awesome cars, If you check the description of the gt300 celica (RWD) it says something like " the gt300 celica was said to handle even better than the gt500 cars".
 
GT300 is one of my favorite series to race online.
 
What is completely weird in the GT-series, is the fact that fast (race) cars are much too easy to drive.

Normal "street"-cars and race cars op to 300-350 HP feel quite realistic, but starting from the 450+ cars, feeling gets more and more arcade.

In some other games, that is not the case. F.e. without driving aids, I had really difficulties to manage GT1 cars in FM3: pushing too hard, you go of.
 
Hate to s**t in your salad, but they're even funner tuned to 500hp. (imho)
 
I've been dying to do some online races with the gt300 class race cars. I'm still unsure of wether people would join though. Anybody intrested?

These are awesome cars, If you check the description of the gt300 celica (RWD) it says something like " the gt300 celica was said to handle even better than the gt500 cars".

I made a GT300 (325hp/1000kg no SRF) room today at Grand Valley and spent about an hour there driving. One guy came in and left without driving. So I called a friend and told him to join. He did and we had a few great races just the 2 of us.


Hate to s**t in your salad, but they're even funner tuned to 500hp. (imho)

You are entitled to your opinion of course. And it doesn't **** in my salad since it has absolutely no effect on me.

I do enjoy GT500 cars (which is what you get when you tune a GT300 car up to 500hp, after all...)
 
I thought this was going to be about the old shelby mustang...
:facepalm:
 
What is completely weird in the GT-series, is the fact that fast (race) cars are much too easy to drive.

Normal "street"-cars and race cars op to 300-350 HP feel quite realistic, but starting from the 450+ cars, feeling gets more and more arcade.

In some other games, that is not the case. F.e. without driving aids, I had really difficulties to manage GT1 cars in FM3: pushing too hard, you go of.
Try other tires instead of race soft, those tires have more grip than the grippier ones in Forza, race hard tires or even sports soft are more suitable for realistic handling in race cars.
 
The GT300 cars are incredible. Due to the little power and the high amout of downforce and overall race car characteristics, driving them at the limit is like nothing else in the game.

You can brake so late, accelerate so early, corner so hard - just awesome.
 
Yeah, I have to say I love the GT300 cars, but they do need to be max tuned. I get great pleasure from driving my 379bhp Cusco Dunlop Impreza around the 'Ring at night - love those yellow headlights! 👍
 
The GT300 cars are great fun, though its hard to find suitable classes for them to race in...A bit slow to race stock in races like 4 hour N-Ring or 9 Hour Tsukuba if you get the Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo, but much faster than the rest....
 
I'm trying make a list of all the gt300 cars right now but I think I'm overlooking a few.

Here's all I can come up with:
Arta Garaiya '03 and an '08
Superautobacs Apex MR-S '00
Wedssport Celica '03
Cusco Subaru Advan Impreza '03 and '08
Amemiya Aparadrink RX-7 '06 and an '04
Weds sport IS 350 '08
C-West Razo Silvia '01

From other series but very similar specs, the Spoon S2000 race car and the IS 200 GT-1 race car. Should these be included even though they aren't officially GT300 cars?
 
The GT300 cars are lots of fun. The AsparaDrink RX-7 is my favourite.

I wish PD had kept the GT300 and GT500 events separate instead of just having Super GT (like in GT2) but I guess we can just organise online events. :)
 
Yeah these cars are a boatload of fun. I wish there were more.
 
I passed up the "low hp" race cars for a long time in the game. After all, what is the point of a race car with "only" 300hp??? My family sedan has more power than that. "Real" race cars have monster horsepower!

Because your family car is at least half a tonne heavier :sly:

Quite unlike you, I've been doing online races only in the lower HP range, usually being 300-450 HP street/RM cars, GT300, and at most GT500. To me the handling of these cars feel more "realistic" (an entirely subjective perception) which I guess mainly is due to the fact that I've never driven any high powered car before
 
I used to love racing the GT300 cars in the GT500 races, always fun to win that way :D
 
Try other tires instead of race soft, those tires have more grip than the grippier ones in Forza, race hard tires or even sports soft are more suitable for realistic handling in race cars.

I always do. I hate soft race tires. I only use them when a seasonal event doesn't interest me but permits to earn many credits.

Normally, with "street cars", I always use hard sport tires.

For me, the game is the most interesting with street cars up to 400 hp and with "underpowered" race cars. But yes, I should perhaps put them on medium or soft sports tires, the ones on which the rally cars are delivered.
 
I always do. I hate soft race tires. I only use them when a seasonal event doesn't interest me but permits to earn many credits.

Normally, with "street cars", I always use hard sport tires.

For me, the game is the most interesting with street cars up to 400 hp and with "underpowered" race cars. But yes, I should perhaps put them on medium or soft sports tires, the ones on which the rally cars are delivered.


Racing soft is not nearly as unrealistic online. The softs almost can't slide offline, no matter how hard you push them. Online you have to be more careful. Actually I use race hard to test and tune offline when I am going to use race soft online. IMO online-race-soft = offline-race-hard.
 
I'm trying make a list of all the gt300 cars right now but I think I'm overlooking a few.

Here's all I can come up with:
Arta Garaiya '03 and an '08
Superautobacs Apex MR-S '00
Wedssport Celica '03
Cusco Subaru Advan Impreza '03 and '08
Amemiya Aparadrink RX-7 '06 and an '04
Weds sport IS 350 '08
C-West Razo Silvia '01

From other series but very similar specs, the Spoon S2000 race car and the IS 200 GT-1 race car. Should these be included even though they aren't officially GT300 cars?

I have a Supra I found in the UCD. Can't recall the name of it as I'm at work, but I do believe it's in the 300 class. It's orange and silver.

I'll get back to this in about 3 hours with an update.
 
^That Supra is a GT500 class vehicle.
 
I have no problem with any car that meets the 325hp and 1000kg limits participating in the GT300 class. The more the merrier.

The Silvia RM comes to mind. I bet that would make a good GT300 car.

One note: Be careful doing oil changes on the GT300 cars you buy from the NCD. It will take you over 325hp.

Edit: I have proposed a set of rules for casual GT300 races in the online forum.
 
Last edited:
One note: Be careful doing oil changes on the GT300 cars you buy from the NCD. It will take you over 325hp.

No way you should be upping the limit to accout for that, otherwise some used cars oil lights come on immediatly.

EDIT: I just noticed you put in NCD (new car dealer), ok thats different sorry. I was thinking a 375 380 limit would be good too.
 
No way you should be upping the limit to accout for that, otherwise some used cars oil lights come on immediatly.

EDIT: I just noticed you put in NCD (new car dealer), ok thats different sorry. I was thinking a 375 380 limit would be good too.

I haven't checked every one but I did notice that some of the cars can't be modified above 300ish. 325 allows the most cars to be competitive. It would be too much of a stretch IMO to call the class GT300 if cars were allowed to be 375hp.

For those that want to run their cars 375, 500, 700, or a million horsepower, go right ahead. But that's not GT300.
 
Hate to s**t in your salad, but they're even funner tuned to 500hp. (imho)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

A laughing smiley for every minute i lol'd...

I love these cars. My Lexus IS GT1 race car really introduced me to something special, low horsepower, low weight precision vehicles 👍
 
Back