GT4 at NY expo? anyone know??

  • Thread starter Thread starter djcivic
  • 13 comments
  • 821 views
Messages
28
Sorry if someone posted this already but does anyone know if Gran Turismo 4 is going to be at the New York Game Expo. The Expo starts Oct 14 and ends Oct 17.
 
Hard to say. Is there a website out there for the show? Best thing to do would be to research (maybe online, maybe phone calls) and see if Polyphony will be there as a presenter.
 
I would think.....very little chance just because TGS just ended and it take a really long time to set up booths, not to mention they have to ship the whole thing to the other side of the world and most of the time it costs millions of dollars.
 
There is two website that have info about this expo. Sorry I forgot to post them.
1st- www.digitallife.com
2nd- www.gameonny.com
I try to look for info on those sites but I'm on my cell and can't see anything because my phone won't let me see it
 
i plan on going to this, however games that will be there are still a mystery.
 
Try out these hottest new and unreleased games in the Gaming Pavilion:
EA Games:
• Def Jam Fight For NY
Majesco:
• Bloodrayne 2
• Guilty Gear X2 #Reload
• Ultra Bust A Move
Sammy Studios:
• Iron Phoenix
Activision:
• X-Men Legends
• Tony Hawk Underground 2
Novalogic:
• Joint Operations
ESPN Videogames:
• NFL 2K5
• NHL 2K5
• NBA 2K5
• College Hoops
• MLB Baseball
Vivendi:
• Tribes: Vengeance
• Men of Valor
• Fight Club
• Bard's Tale

that's what it says on www.digitallife.com
 
I just got home and checked it out. Sony is not going to be there, so no Gran Turismo 4. Gamecube is going to missing also. Xbox is the only gaming system company that is going to show. That sucks
 
The only bright side is that they will be handing out Metal Gear Soild Snake eater demo disc so that can hold me down until GTA San Adreas then that can hold me down until GT4
 
Would that be the same demo that's now on stands in the new OPM magazine? :)
 
E3 at Los Angeles and the Tokyo Games Show are the two big ones and GT4 has already been shown there so I doubt it'll be on display at New York (I didn't even know New York had a games show!)

Besides how many game shows do you expect PD to go to and show everyone GT4? If they went to all of them it'd never get finished and we'd never hear the end of it!
 
T100
I would think.....very little chance just because TGS just ended and it take a really long time to set up booths, not to mention they have to ship the whole thing to the other side of the world and most of the time it costs millions of dollars.

hmm.... WRONG. i used to run booth setups at the Las Vegas Convention Center. The booths really only take about 3 days to put up, and they can cost LOADS. Millions might be a bit of an exaggeration. I know at the Detroit Auto show, the big Honda, Ford, Chevy booths cost about that, but not at a game expo.


Edit: K i found the exhibitor List for the expo here

http://digitallife.com/att_exhibitor_list.html

Neither Sony or PD is listed :(
 
Cagedheat
hmm.... WRONG. i used to run booth setups at the Las Vegas Convention Center. The booths really only take about 3 days to put up, and they can cost LOADS. Millions might be a bit of an exaggeration. I know at the Detroit Auto show, the big Honda, Ford, Chevy booths cost about that, but not at a game expo.


Edit: K i found the exhibitor List for the expo here

http://digitallife.com/att_exhibitor_list.html

Neither Sony or PD is listed :(


My Dad works for Bosch Automotive and is the VP for marketing and he said that it can take up to a week to set up everything especially if you have to set up VP rooms and have presentations to show. He also told me that to build the last booth was like 3 milllion dollars, Hell even the JLAudio booth costs about 500 g's (my best friends dad who is a head salesman just told me). So you might be right but I did base all my info on things that I heard from people who write the checks.
 
Back