GT4 B-Spec on La Sarthe II

South Africa
Gauteng
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the site but have been playing GT4 for many year now and wish to share some of my experiences with all.

I have read a lot about Bob (LOL) crashing into the walls and that he doesn't go faster that about 340kmh. Well, I bought the magical black Mazda 787B and added the turbo with RSH and RH tyres. I did a chassis refresher plan too and got the oil changed and cabby washed.

I did a lot of experiments and finally got Bob racing the 24hr crashing only twice out of all laps done at a straight speed of around 343kmh (not slipstreaming). Bob had 9460 points at the time.

Here are the settings I used: F-RH, R-RSH Brakes: 5/2 Driving aids: 0/0/3
Downforce: maxed LCD: 25/45/32 Spring rate: 10/10.5 Ride height: 78/78
Bound/rebound: 4/6 5/7 Toe: 0/-2 Stabilizer: 5/5 Gears: Auto:1 Final: 3300

I did some more experiments and found that Bob can go up to 387kph down that straight on "3"!!! The key for Bob to go faster is to decrease the down force. Yes, the less down force the more "freed-up" the car is. Decreasing the down force to 60/80 gets him over 350kph. 50/70 gets him rocking! 50/70 is still good and won't increase your lap time around the bends. Try it. For Bob to wave at over 350kph, gears has to be 3200-3000.

I have to add that the faster Bob goes, the more error will creep in (crashes). Cause and effect, lol.

The Toyota 88C-V with turbo, Merc C9 with turbo and all the heavily horse powered cars can get bob to sing a song at those speeds.

Just for fun: If you wish to see Bob *%^%ing his pants, then give him the Chapparal 2J with turbo and gears at 2950 and send him down that straight, 400kph+!!!

Well, I hope this helps

Last edited:
I think that B-SPEC Bob is trying to go on the old GP track that has been turned into roads and streets:idea:

I already beat GT4 back in 2006 but wanted to play it again from scratch to remember how much better 3 and 4 are over the later releases.
My plan was to win the Formula Gran Turismo '04 which I did and use that on both Le Mans endurance races. Well, that backfired lol!

It worked on Sarthe 24 hr I and I easily won by 7 or 8 laps using the Formula car.
I had no idea about the Sarthe II glitch and using the Formula car did not work as it hit the walls every single lap no matter what the settings were.
I tried many other cars and was finally able to get it using the Audi R8 Race Car '01 from Le Mans I. It kicked the competition and wouldn't generally crash into the wall. No issues with beating the AI either.

I've never did the Sarthe Enduros ever. I played the game back in late 2006-late 2008 but never bothered with those. I'm currently doing another playthrough this time with plans to 100% it. This glitch sounds annoying because I like to do half aspec and half bspec in really long enduros to simulate real life driving teams. So I hope this doesn't happen on Sarthe II. I heard raising ride height and lowering spring tension will solve the issue.

It's strange though TC that PD made the 787B turbo charged when in reality it was a naturally aspirated machine with it's special gimmick being a variable rpm trumpet valve intake system. It's like the programmer didn't research the real life car.

I've never did the Sarthe Enduros ever. I played the game back in late 2006-late 2008 but never bothered with those. I'm currently doing another playthrough this time with plans to 100% it. This glitch sounds annoying because I like to do half aspec and half bspec in really long enduros to simulate real life driving teams. So I hope this doesn't happen on Sarthe II. I heard raising ride height and lowering spring tension will solve the issue.

It's strange though TC that PD made the 787B turbo charged when in reality it was a naturally aspirated machine with it's special gimmick being a variable rpm trumpet valve intake system. It's like the programmer didn't research the real life car.
You can do Le Mans 24 Hr II in B-Spec only. I strongly advise using the Audi R8 Race Car '01 which you can either buy for $4.5 million or win it from Le Mans I.
From memory, I kept most of the race on '4' Increased Pace except for the straight bit - which I kept it on 2 and 3. Any faster and the driver will probably crash into the walls.

Latest Posts

Back