GT4 can be cruel, but it can be kind too!!

I have just completed the Gran Turismo All Stars series in Extreme! (Nice prize car!!)

But, I feel I must tell you about a very funny thing that happened in the last race at the 'Ring. I used my Playstation Pescy C60 race car (805 bhp, no turbo upgrade). I needed to come 2nd here to win the Series, although I did really want to try and win the 'Ring if possible.

I've never been very good at the 'Ring, and I've never "a" specd using a race car here yet (did try the F1, but that was impossible!!).

The Gilette was in pole (strange that this slow car was always in pole in this series hehe), the R92CP was 2nd on grid. I started at the back, as usual. Well, the R92CP was soon was out in front... even though I was still not in 2nd place yet. I eventually passed the 2nd place car (think it was a Merc, cant remember now).

By the second lap I was some 15 secs behind my nemesis, the R92CP. Half way through the 2nd lap, I was about 23 secs behind... oh well, 2nd place it is then <sigh>. I wont bother trying too hard now as I dont lose it on a bend or something, no point in letting anything catch me up. I came round a bend and saw the R92CP... what the hell?? Wow he must have lost it somewhere!! I tried to keep up with him, but to no avail. Then I came round a bend only to find the R92CP stationary and pointing in the wrong direction on the road!! I somehow
managed to avoid hitting him and (laughing to myself MUAHAHAHA) cruised to victory.

I watched the replay and realised the R92CP's rears were shot to hell midway thru the 2nd lap. He started losing the rear end on bends. Then did a 360, then another a bit further down... thats when I passed him (looked great to watch me swerve past him hehe). I carried on watching him, the pack passing him by now. Then the Gilette came careering thru... his rears were shot too... was hilarious watching these 2 cars pirouetting (together!!) around the road. Then the replay ended as my car had crossed the finish line. Mmmmmm wish I'd saved the replay now, ho hum.

So, there is a God in GT4!!! Love it!!

This happened to me too on Real Circuit Tours on the 'Ring!! That's probably the only reason I could keep up. :embarrassed: The Minolta and Toyota 7 do that too. :rolleyes: They mess up on a certain extra bumpy and curvy spot on their second lap every time 💡
:nervous:

i've had somethin' similar but didnt work in my favor.

i was running the GT world championship and was going
into la sarthe leading the board but only by a small margin.
i knew that if a specific car got first, he would win and i didnt
think my car would place higher so i had my faith in the rest
of the field.

i was right in thinking that my car wasnt gonna' push for first
so i stayed back in 4th place while the second-place-points-man
rode 3rd and the two nissans were 1st and 2nd up to the last lap.

it's the last lap going down the last long curve near the checkered
flag and the placings were still the same. me in 4th, rival in 3rd, nissans
1st and 2nd. i knew that if things played out like this, the championship
was mine. it's the last curve and all the cars are on bald tires so it was
uncertain who would maintain their position. we're approaching the finish
line, i'm sittin' pretty at the top of the points-board and about to get my
special credits video + money + car. everything was perfect. all of a sudden
on my b-spec screen i see one of the nissans go off the road. the next second,
the other. i'm startin' to freak out thinking my championship is slipping between
my fingers. i'm praying the rival car doesnt catch up. i'm hoping they're minor
spills of the track. both nissans spun off track just before the checkered flag
and the rival car (i think the minolta) stroled in for the win and the championship.

i was utterly heart broken.

oh quazy, my heart goes out to u (well a bit anyway hehe).... "a" spec it next time!! but i know what u mean, my "b" spec driver has cost me a few points in the past.... but i've never lost a series cos of it!!

better luck next time!!

Back