GT4 car tune LIST?

United States
Pensacola, FL/USA
SoCal_Senator
Hi all, a new/old/reactivated member here at the end of my wits asking for help.

(Mods I have tried a ton of different searches here with no real luck).

Specifically a GT4 LIST of car tunes. Not tuning GUIDES. Not garages for GT5 where you have to guess on conversions of ride heights and such for GT4. A no-kidding, searchable list of professional tunes for GT4 (Fumes, BTWhite, etc.).

I've gone up and down in the "Car Tuning" forum under GT4 but no LISTS are there (I thought there would be one stickied).

Since the GTVault site died several days ago, it's been heckfire trying to find tunes for GT4.

Any help for an old military vet here? Thanks all.

CDub

Searching through the thread names here in this sub-forum wouldn't help?

Didn't know about GT Vault being down, was the first thing thing that came to mind when you said you were looking for tunes.

Hi BobK, glad to know someone still plays GT4.

Yeah I search in here until I'm blue in the face. Such as "Lotus Élan tune GT4", and I get everything except a link to a tune (or a database of tunes) for GT4. Mind you, I'm on an iPhone, but it shouldn't matter.

I've tried "tuning garages", but they're mostly for gt5. When I was running GT5 I used those (praiano mostly), but I need GT4 tunes.

Maybe I'm just not using the search parameter options right?
Getting exasperated.

CDub

The search engine here could use some improvement (and it's on the way, @Jordan tells us). Unfortunately right now it ignores search words of three characters or less, so it ignores things like "GT4". Further it uses an implicit OR on the word list, so it'll search for threads/posts/users/whatever with any of the words "Lotus", "Élan", or "tune" in it. Needless to say, that'll return a lot more than you want.

However, there's something called a Google site search, which works a whole lot better I understand. However, it searches the entire site; can't restrict it to just one forum or subforum.

And, it would seem we can no longer restrict searches to thread titles only; I just tried a search for "elan" in just this forum intending to restrict it to thread titles.

Yeah GT Vault is dead on my PC too, that's a real bummer.
I guess I'd try a search of the main GT4 tuning houses MFT maybe RVV, I can't say I've tried any of their tunes though, and they're no longer active.

OMG this is really driving me nuts, the inability to search and find tunes for GT4.

I've tried searching the MFT thread, results are not even close. A "Dodge Ram" search finds nothing like a tune for, of all things, a Dodge Ram.

So anyway I appreciate you guys chiming in and replying. Sorry I'm just frustrated and venting. Can't believe how hard it is to find tunes out there on the Net.

I've been playing for about 3 1/2 years now, 5 first and lately 4 then 3 and now restarting 4 again. Up to 72% again on GT4 and could use tunes for all these intense races left (Minolta, FGT, rally's, etc.).

CDub

OMG this is really driving me nuts, the inability to search and find tunes for GT4.

I've tried searching the MFT thread, results are not even close. A "Dodge Ram" search finds nothing like a tune for, of all things, a Dodge Ram.
Yeah, it's tricky and involves a lot of wading through irrelevant results. For cars with short names, I use google. eg https://www.google.com/search?q="dodge+ram"+tune+site:gtplanet.net
Of course, this brings up results from GT5 and GT6, but the green line below each result indicates which section of the forum the post is from.

Hope this helps,
Simon

Last edited:
Yeah, it's tricky and involves a lot of wading through irrelevant results. For cars with short names, I use google. eg https://www.google.com/search?q="dodge ram" tune site:gtplanet.net
Of course, this brings up results from GT5 and GT6, but the green line below each result indicates which section of the forum the post is from.

Hope this helps,
Simon

Hey Simon, thanks. I guess it's essentially a moot point now as I am embroiled in the Formula GT series, and only have some missions and rallies to finish.

But it sure would be helpful if there was a stickied list or just an easier way to get to GT4 tunes in the future.

CDub

Latest Posts

Back