GT4 Cars Derived From Sega GT 2002

  • Thread starter Thread starter Classic Anycar
  • 21 comments
  • 1,801 views
Messages
360
I have noticed that a lot of the cars to be in GT4 are also in Sega GT 2002 and Sega GT Online. This is interesting, as Sega GT 2002 was made for the Microsoft XBOX. Did Sony purchase the rights to all those cars when Sega dropped the Sega GT franchise?
 
Don't know. The Viper GTSR Concept doesn't look like it should though in the Sega GT games. The back looks narrower than it should.
 
sega have them in Sega GT doesnt mean sega hold exclusive rights
 
lol, if sega has good cars. it doesnt mean GT4 developers decide to put those cars in their game. They arent doing it to copy off of Sega GT, they are just trying to make the game as good as possible and please themselves and their fans w/ their choice of cars.
 
It was more a case of Sega GT putting the Gran Turismo series car lineup in their game, not the other way around.
 
I have seen street lights in GTA:SA, I don't think anyother game can have them now because sony must own them.
 
The only sim to take the fight to Gran Turismo playing Gran Turismo's game had to be the Sega GT series. While my computer may pretend to play the PC version of Sega GT flawlessly, All I could do was... I have to try to clear some space to play it for real. Maybe play without sound or sucky graphics. Help a brother out, Dell!

Meanwhile, I can't say that I've been able to see what Sega GT 2002 has to offer. I had a chance at a Best Buy once, but never really played the game. However, this XBOX exclusive seems to have some nice cars that would look good in GT4 even if the GT series featured some of them already. If I get access to an XBOX at an eletronics store, I'll be sure to take advantage and PLAY the game this time.
 
Sega GT 2002 is a terrific game with terrific driving model, nice graphic, mega-hard opponents and utterly crappy stages.

It sucks because of the poorest track design ever seen in gaming history.

And I have to agree thet it was the only game that tried to compete with GT on the propper way. Shame they didn't make enough money to work out the third part and to hire a intelignet track designer.
 
Totally agreed Amar, I couldn't even finish the game due to the terrible tracks.
 
The only track that was good in terms of configuration (and I'm going off the first Sega GT) was the night tracks in the city. Some of the other tracks seemed too easy in configuration. Amar, you got Croatia in your Avatar. If Sega wanted to come up with a challenging race course, they can kind of build a track so its configuration looks more like the country of Croatia (what would that be like for a race track? Or imagine a track that looks like the country of China!). The configurations of the tracks didn't entice me much. Gran Turismo had variety in which I thought Sega GT kind of lacked, or maybe I haven't played Sega GT 2002. If you ask me, I don't know much in terms of cars from Sega GT 2002, so I think I may have seen a Lotus Europa or a DeTomaso Pantera GTS in pictures, but that's about it. If the Pantera GTS is in Sega GT 2002, it's probably the only car I'd want to see in GT4. It was a nice car while it lasted in Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3. How do you get it? Beat the Drift King who races it in Osaka.
 
JohnBM01
If Sega wanted to come up with a challenging race course, they can kind of build a track so its configuration looks more like the country of Croatia (what would that be like for a race track? Or imagine a track that looks like the country of China!).

No they should make a track in the shape of the state of Colorado!
 
nasanu
I have seen street lights in GTA:SA, I don't think anyother game can have them now because sony must own them.


What? Street Lamps are a free item.
 
JohnBM01
Amar, you got Croatia in your Avatar. If Sega wanted to come up with a challenging race course, they can kind of build a track so its configuration looks more like the country of Croatia (what would that be like for a race track? Or imagine a track that looks like the country of China!). .

Well, John, if you look closer to my avatar, you'll see the text inside which says: Trail Mountain? No, Croatia!

Trial Mountain track in GT has the same shape as my homeland. Check it out closer, and you'll find the amazing resemblance.

More intresting, the neighbouring country next to Croatia is country of Bosnia and Herzegovina. Grundenwald track has the exact shape as country of Bosnia and Herzegovina, which is even more intresting.

So, if the Sega wanted to make a track in shape of Croatia, they whould pretty much copy the Trial Mountain track, so that is not an option I guess :).
 
Yeah I found it funny that the GT4 demo just happened to include 2 of the extra inclusions in Sega GT Online (over 2002) namely that crappy rounded lighted box car & the CRX Ballade(?). It might just be conicidence, but its still funny they picked those 2 cars over thousands of Japanese cars (I assume they may have historical relevance, but shhh ;)).
 
I find all of the tracks very challenging. I do not understand why they would be any worse than any real track. The only one I find ridiculous is the Desert Speed Ring, which is a NASCAR oval. I find it way too easy to drive on a NASCAR oval. Of course, I am not an advanced racer.
 
PhatFat
I think he was joking

Well, then it was a bad joke.
Sony had nothing really to do with GTA:SA.
R* was.
 
Classic Anycar
I have noticed that a lot of the cars to be in GT4 are also in Sega GT 2002 and Sega GT Online. This is interesting, as Sega GT 2002 was made for the Microsoft XBOX. Did Sony purchase the rights to all those cars when Sega dropped the Sega GT franchise?

I don't think you can really purchase rights to cars in video games. In just about every racing game which has come out theres always Skylines, Corvettes, Celicas etc
 
amar212
Sega GT 2002 is a terrific game with terrific driving model, nice graphic, mega-hard opponents and utterly crappy stages.

It sucks because of the poorest track design ever seen in gaming history.

And I have to agree thet it was the only game that tried to compete with GT on the propper way. Shame they didn't make enough money to work out the third part and to hire a intelignet track designer.

It had alot more flaws then that. The online expension was pure crap. I didn't think the game was too hard but the design and graphics were extremly blend. Worst game graphicly after bruce lee of course.
 
I enjoyed Sega GT on Dreamcast... well at least I tried to :( The game had so much potential to succeed, but in the end it flopped.
 
it wasnt that bad of a game.. its just that gt3 was alot better.. in my opinion.
 
Evo7GTA
I don't think you can really purchase rights to cars in video games. In just about every racing game which has come out theres always Skylines, Corvettes, Celicas etc.


Actually, that's exactly what happens. A company sells the rights to their car to a game company and that company can use the car model and name. Otherwise the best anyone can do is make a car that looks ALMOST exactly like it and make up a name. Like a 1991 toyota celica ST 1.6 liter would have say.........the antenna moved to a different spot and the corner lights moved a foot back.........and the name would be listed in the game as Type_4afe 4a-fe is the engine model in the 1.6 liter celica from 1991. If you see car liscenced to several games you need to look. Were the games made the same year? or different years? Also, many car companies don't sell EXCLUSIVE rights.......they sell to more than one game company. It costs less PER liscence but they sell to more than one so they still make a lot of money. Like say Honda sells the rights to use the 2004 Civic Si name to threee companies each for 45,000 each.......or they may sell to only one with the promise written in the contract that Honda won't sell the name to ANYONE else for a year.............but it costs 200,000 instead.
Also, Even if a company has exclusive rights (pretend Civic Si again) to the Civic for all of 2004 (pretend GT4). Well, if they expect to put gt4 out in January of 2004. Honda can sell the rights to microsoft's Forza in 2005. But look. gt4 got delayed. So it comes out December 29th of 2004 (remember this is all hypothetical)and Forza comes out in Feb 1rst 2005. Now we have two games coming out within about one month of one another each with a "exclusive" liscence.


Just some things to think about.
 
Back