GT4 DFP Shifter Click Sound

• Thread starter MRXAE86
  • 3 comments
United States
Los Angeles, CA
Hey guys was wondering if anyone knew whether it was possible to mute or decrease the click on the DFP wheel's shifter. This is the wheel in question:

10186231.jpg

http://content.etilize.com/Large/10186231.jpg

If so, what do I need and is there anything I need to know before I open this up if I even have to. I've recently added some foam underneath the pedals to make them harder, especially the brakes since they're too soft in my opinion and it worked like a charm.

Appreciate the help :sly:

Foam under the brake pedal. What an obvious and genius solution. I shall install said ghetto mod today. Sorry, no idea about your question I'm afraid. I always use the paddle buttons.

Foam under the brake pedal. What an obvious and genius solution. I shall install said ghetto mod today. Sorry, no idea about your question I'm afraid. I always use the paddle buttons.

Yeah simple and effective.

I finally got a good enough screwdriver for two troublesome screws and got it open today. It appears like I'd probably had to come up with something completely home made to mute the click. I just filled up the surrounding areas and two springs attached to the shifter base with some foam. Supposedly the foam's anti-static but hopefully the heat won't affect it.

The click is still there and more importantly working, but it's a bit quieter tho. I'm still open for suggestions tho on something better. Let me know guys and thanks for the responds~

Back