GT4 doesn't load after finishing GT World Championship

Venezuela
¡My house!
OscarGT5RB8
Soryr for my english but i really need help. I've been playing GT4 since i hooked up again to my old PS2 Slim and started to play GT3 & GT4. The problem comes after doing the Gran Turismo World Championship in GT4, i completed the whole series with the Minolta, got the first place, the prize car and the cash bonus, but the game doesn't stop loading after that, just before the final credits. I didn't get the red loading screen, is just i think the game seems to "freeze" at the loading screen and never launches me to the final credits video. What can be happening?

Try checking the laser, if it's I think tilted a bit due to the compact design of the PS2 Slim, which I used to have really was sometimes not responsive as a Fat PS2 model at all. So, just check your laser and clean it gently.

Try checking the laser, if it's I think tilted a bit due to the compact design of the PS2 Slim, which I used to have really was sometimes not responsive as a Fat PS2 model at all. So, just check your laser and clean it gently.
I disarmed my console, cleaned out the dust and checked laser. I'll redo all the races then i'll let you know if the problem gets solved. I hope it works.

Dang then I don't know, I have no idea how scratched your game is at all, but I assume it's a PS2 issue from what my guesses are. GT4 uses all the PS2 power in the world, and it can get a little bit difficult to load. Since PS2's are cheap, maybe you can find a $50 PS2 like I did, Fats are least expensive compared to the slimline from when I searched up when my Slim PS2 broke.

Or try saving up for a decent PC, but I won't go into details about that due to the AUP, but you can play on PC with a 1080i source with it.

I still remember no loading after a endurance. :banghead:
I know this is a GT4 thread*, but I remember doing the Nurburgring 24 Hours on GT5, was half way through the track & just hit the 24 hour mark. So i pressed the PS button on DS3 & then the loading screen crashed when i tried to get off the PS menu. Unlucky times.

But, look for a decent condition PS2 Fat. I`ve had two Silver Slim PS2`s & both the lasers in them broke. Had a PS2 Fat for 15 years (well my uncle did, but gave it to me) & it still works well.

Dang then I don't know, I have no idea how scratched your game is at all, but I assume it's a PS2 issue from what my guesses are. GT4 uses all the PS2 power in the world, and it can get a little bit difficult to load. Since PS2's are cheap, maybe you can find a $50 PS2 like I did, Fats are least expensive compared to the slimline from when I searched up when my Slim PS2 broke.

Or try saving up for a decent PC, but I won't go into details about that due to the AUP, but you can play on PC with a 1080i source with it.

I think of getting another copy of the game, the problem can be the disc because i read that some PS2 Slims have issues reading DVD5 games, and my GT4 copy is one of them. Maybe a DVD9 copy should work.

Latest Posts

Back