GT4 Features... What made the CUT??

  • Thread starter Thread starter MasterDriver
  • 26 comments
  • 2,024 views
Messages
306
United States
NY
Messages
Liquizon
Taking a chance to talk about this rumor i'm reading about, as if Polydigital really did the most ridiculous thing and took out their #1 feature boggles my mind.

" Their is no Loading of a simulation garage in the 2 player battle Arcade mode! "

Is this true??
I would love to know.. because if it is, then consider GT4 boycotted in my eyes, And whoever else is quite displeased with this please respond and we will personnaly write to 'POLY' requesting a more complete product...

For all of you Simulation lovers, what is the point in racing in Simulation mode if you cant race your custom tweaked/tuned cars against your best friend???
Answer: Their isnt a reason.

Why do i practice drifting around a track 1000 times with my RX-7 FC and inch by inch tweak it till its just perfect??
Answer: To race my friends

If you dont like to race other people or are too Naieve to see that this Feature cut is a serious issue then you are just another person we can leech off of to keep our companies running.. "I say we because I am in the Game Development Industry"

For all of you people that say, "Well i really just love the Sim mode", you need a life, the sim mode originally was made inorder to buildup a car database and use them against your closest rivals, they intented for the GT series to be mainly "Direct Competition". With the "Indirect Competition" utilizing the Time attack events..

Please respond i'm quite upset.. and will be looking into contacting "POLY" myself..!!
 
MasterDriver
Taking a chance to talk about this rumor i'm reading about, as if Polydigital really did the most ridiculous thing and took out their #1 feature boggles my mind.

" Their is no Loading of a simulation garage in the 2 player battle Arcade mode! "

Is this true??
I would love to know.. because if it is, then consider GT4 boycotted in my eyes, And whoever else is quite displeased with this please respond and we will personnaly write to 'POLY' requesting a more complete product...

For all of you Simulation lovers, what is the point in racing in Simulation mode if you cant race your custom tweaked/tuned cars against your best friend???
Answer: Their isnt a reason.

Why do i practice drifting around a track 1000 times with my RX-7 FC and inch by inch tweak it till its just perfect??
Answer: To race my friends

If you dont like to race other people or are too Naieve to see that this Feature cut is a serious issue then you are just another person we can leech off of to keep our companies running.. "I say we because I am in the Game Development Industry"

For all of you people that say, "Well i really just love the Sim mode", you need a life, the sim mode originally was made inorder to buildup a car database and use them against your closest rivals, they intented for the GT series to be mainly "Direct Competition". With the "Indirect Competition" utilizing the Time attack events..

Please respond i'm quite upset.. and will be looking into contacting "POLY" myself..!!

I believe 2 player battle garage races will be present in the PAL and US versions. It wasn't in the Japanese version for some reason, but I'm pretty sure it will be in the other two versions. No need to kill Poly.
 
OK, three things.

1:
Take a g'damn chill pill.

2:
A boycott? Lol, right.

3:
For all of you people that say, "Well i really just love the Sim mode", you need a life, the sim mode originally was made inorder to buildup a car database and use them against your closest rivals, they intented for the GT series to be mainly "Direct Competition". With the "Indirect Competition" utilizing the Time attack events..


Thanks for telling me how to play/enjoy my games. Here, I've got some advice for you too.
*raises 1 finger*
 
yup agree with driver dude.thats why they need online crap.ps2 live full time is what we need!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
I want to know one thing...What the hell are you smoking?

GT was made for "Direct Competition?"

No, it wasn't. KY made GT4 for racing fans. And Direct Competition is not the main focus of the game nor is simulation mode for car build-up.

The main focus of GT that so many don't realize that it was made for people to fill what's like driving all these cars.

Hell, go ahead and boycott it all you want. You won't make a difference, if all you're going to argue about it this small feature which will make it in for US and PAL.

BTW, I'd love to see you boycott Polydigital. Polyphony Digitals will just be laughing their a**es off.
 
woa... calm down man.... i feel your pain... but dun have to dis everyone who doesn't share your view.....
i personally prefer to use stock cars in arcade mode, either that be one player or two player... for players like myself it's not a serious issue for me.... but dun need to call me naive just because i dun use that feature....
 
From what Amar has said in his thread 2player garages are in the PAL version. We will see tomorow if they are in the US version or not. I sure as HECK HOPE THEY ARE.
 
Thanks for telling other people to get a life, while you are whining about a feature in a video game. I play this game one player. is that too hard to understand? Also, just a tip for you: if you are trying to get people to support your cause/boycott, then it usually isn't a good idea to insult them (ex. you need to get a life because you don't care about this feature that I care about. Obviously, the combination of you not caring about the feature and me insulting you for not caring about the feature, which furthers your discontent with me that was started by me calling you a loser, will make you not buy the game that has all the features you want already.) That's what it seems like to me..

Now get out of here.
 
That would make GT4 mainly just a 2p game. And I never heard of a game made for just 2p play.
 
This person should of spent a few minuets looking through the forum. I thought the mods was going to keep wasted thread topics like this one from being created. Never the less, I agree that being able to use garage cars in two player mode is important. I just hope that if that feature is back in, that the true horsepower shows up ( unlike GT3 which only showed stock horsepower ). If it is not in, then it is not the end of the world since nearly every car can be unlocked and usuable in arcade mode. Also it appear that there would be at least some mild tuning that you can do to the arcade cars. Has anyone seen or heard if you can use "B"-spec in arcade. It would be away to set-up some one on one races with-out having another person.
 
Rebel51
I love it how he doesnt answer
Just woke up, Sorry fellas i was pretty upset, seeing as how i do really search for some Quality products through POLY, but thanks for the update of the Japanese/us/euro versions makes me feel alot better Whoo.. no harsh feelings, Just prepare for online ware my young apprentices lol :)
 
MasterDriver
Just woke up, Sorry fellas i was pretty upset, seeing as how i do really search for some Quality products through POLY, but thanks for the update of the Japanese/us/euro versions makes me feel alot better Whoo.. no harsh feelings, Just prepare for online ware my young apprentices lol :)


And i did phrase my above thread a bit rough to get alittle feedback, so please understand, i was in search of an answer and now i found it, not need to continue :), happy driving
 
Sorry if I came off a little Mean, Shouldnt be like that to a new member.

Welcome to GTP!

But now seriously go look at Killtoby.
 
ChristmasGTO
Sorry if I came off a little Mean, Shouldnt be like that to a new member.

Welcome to GTP!

But now seriously go look at Killtoby.

I looked at it, and it might be funnier if I knew who tody the kitten is...
 
**BREAKING NEWS**

Not all rumors on the internet are true! *gaspz!!!*
 
Wow…here is the way I see it. Sure I would like to see this feature and their are some cars that I would have like to have been GT4…But what the hell. I’m so grateful for what Kazunori and all the wonderful folks at Polyphony have given to me. The chance to drive race cars and super cars and even my Miata on some of the most wonderful tracks I could imagine…all in my living room WOW!

Mr. Yamauchi I would like to thank you and Polyphony from the bottom of my hart you have help me to fulfill a dream. I’m have a blast driving my little Miata on the tracks here in Arizona:
http://www.cecilwalker.com/PhotoSite/PASA/2005-02/JohnJamesRacing/pasa_050205_134147_0002_1d.htm

Many thanks. Billy



So MasterDrive…Sounds to me like you are a self-centered brat :dunce: Sad thing is there are so many like you.
I’ll take a guess and say your from the states…sorry to everyone were not all like this :guilty:
 
^Rumor :p^

But seriously I'm pretty sure 2p garage battle is on the NA version. Its on the PAL version and its being released like 2 weeks after. I can't see us getting screwed over from 2p garage battles because of 2 weeks
 
Ok, not even joking and in all seriousness. I will send everyone who posted on this thread before this post 10$ cash if the US version of GT4 doesn't let you use your garage in 2-player battle.
 
DriftFD3S
Ok, not even joking and in all seriousness. I will send everyone who posted on this thread before this post 10$ cash if the US version of GT4 doesn't let you use your garage in 2-player battle.

Is this in 2/player split screen or is it for I-link/LAN as well…I was thinking it maybe a issue of data transfer rate between the Playstations but I’m just a woodworker so I’m not sure about this.

Hey DriftFD3S
would you do me a favor give a wave to Mt Wilson for me, I miss the San Gabriels.
 
befoot
Is this in 2/player split screen or is it for I-link/LAN as well…I was thinking it maybe a issue of data transfer rate between the Playstations but I’m just a woodworker so I’m not sure about this.

Hey DriftFD3S
would you do me a favor give a wave to Mt Wilson for me, I miss the San Gabriels.
Sure thing, and for a second I though you were gonna say "I missed Arcadia" and you would be the only person to ever like this town.
 
Thanks, I worked in Monrovia for about ten years and did a lots of Mt bike'n in the mountains
Realy like going running back in Chantry Flats but that was well over ten years ago…go out and enjoy them (when it stops raining)
oh and thank for the tener...hehe
 
Oh man, befoot. Chantry Flats is like... gone. Lol, the storms here completely wiped out all the dirt road up there.
 
MasterDriver
Why do i practice drifting around a track 1000 times with my RX-7 FC and inch by inch tweak it till its just perfect??
Answer: To race my friends


Why would you practice drifting to race? Seems kind of counterproductive. :boggled:
 
Back