GT4 freezes after winning Sunday Cup

  • Thread starter Thread starter dumbkiwi
  • 4 comments
  • 2,045 views
Messages
3
I've only had GT4 for a few days, and haven't played it much. However, I had a good go at it tonight, and managed to win the Sunday Cup (all races) pretty easily. However, when the screen comes up that says I've won a car, and I press OK, the screen goes black, the cursor turns grey, and nothing happens. I can't press any buttons, and after a while I reset.

I don't know if this is the correct place to ask these questions, but anyone know a way to fix that?

Cheers

Matt
 
clean the disc
clean the laser with a laser cleaner disc
 
Done both of those. It's a brand spanking new disc. It's pristine.
 
Hi Matt,

I would have suggested both of those things too, but you may need to take the game back to the store and try another copy - sometimes it can be a faulty disc that is causing the problem - since you've only had the game a couple of days, it should be easy enough to get a new copy... if the problem persists with a new disc, then you may have a more serious hardware problem...

Has it happened more than once? And if so, does it happen the same way each time? If so, it sounds like a faulty disc problem - esp. if this only happens when you play GT4 and no other games...

TM
 
Yep, happens in the same place each time, without fail. Thanks for your help.
 
Back