GT4 game brought from mongkok

  • Thread starter Thread starter renzo
  • 17 comments
  • 1,268 views
Messages
3
I need help badly..... i brought the game in Mongkok with 2 disc and it's said that it can play the street in HK.
After many booting and inserting the codes.
It's still saying " unable to read disc".... i find it very annoying.
In the end, i'm only able to race those 5 tracks...
Need help.
It's meaningless to bring back the disc to those shop as they copied all the disc from the same old mother disc.
Anyone able to tell me how and what ways to entering the codes ? step by step ?
tks....
 
Are you saying you bought GT4? Or what?
 
I’m under the impression that he bought a copied GT4 Prologue PAL (The second disc being the DVD) and it doesn’t work.
 
Oh ok...I was about to say WTF?You don't own GT4!
But since the song The Antidote from the GT4 soundtrack has got me happy, I won't and just say this.

I current;y don't own the disc, although does anyone know if there's a place in Texas that sells it?
 
Ahhhhhhh.....good old Mongkok!!! The holy grail for buying cool stuff in HK!!! (well kowloon!) I think that you have bought a copied PAL Prologue too.......If it is going to work you need to have a chipped PS2......I'm guessing you have a NTSC J PS2 in HK......then you will need a cheat device.....action replay max or somthing......The codes can be found in the Prologue forum.

If it was claimed buy the seller that it could play HK it maybe well be already hacked.......or its just a case of needing a chipped PS2. Go to Wanchai and get it chipped, then it will play everything!!!

Robin
 
renzo
I need help badly..... i brought the game in Mongkok with 2 disc and it's said that it can play the street in HK.
After many booting and inserting the codes.
It's still saying " unable to read disc".... i find it very annoying.
In the end, i'm only able to race those 5 tracks...
Need help.
It's meaningless to bring back the disc to those shop as they copied all the disc from the same old mother disc.
Anyone able to tell me how and what ways to entering the codes ? step by step ?
tks....

LMAO! The quality of those "Fan Ban" disc is so bad that I say 40% doesn't work. Your disc might have a problem or thats just a scam! Hey, what do you expect from those people?? They sell stolen goods and you expect them to be honest??

I remember there is a post here somewhere about unlocking the HK track with a legit copy and some kinda code. Good luck.

Pppssssssssss..... Next time you have a question like that, try to begin the question with "I have a friend..." LOL
 
renzo
... they copied all the disc from the same old mother disc....

You buy a copied game and it doesn't work? Shock horror..! :trouble: Surely here at GTPlanet we can't condone these cheap copies that fund terrorism and exploit the poor, can we? Surely PD deserve your hard-earned pennies more than these rip-off merchants.. :yuck:

renzo
I need help badly.....

The best way to unlock HK is to buy a REAL copy of Prologue, and then get your hands on something like Action Replay 2, and Bob's your uncle... saying that, I have an older PS2 and the codes don't work :(, so just have to wait for the full version to come out... :)
 
It would be better in the long run to buy real HK NTSC J Prologue.......It aint that expensive.......I bought mine there! And I'm sure AR MAX would be cheap too.

p.s..........If ure gonna buy fake games don't buy them in Mongkok........In wanchai or central they all work.........all the time and if they don't go back to the shop! (they don't disapear like in Mongkok! 👍

Robin

"Ya Mo Fan Ban!!!"......."Gey doe chine?"
 
I think this thread would fall under illegal activities and thus should be closed.
 
awe come on icemanshooter23, they are trying to discourage him from buying illeagle goods, not tell him to buy stuff like that, plus he had already baught it.
 
No offense to you but it's against the rules of gtplanet, so nothing should excuse it from being posted.
 
my console was chipped worr...
i can play the other games... sighz....
 
I'm with icemanshooter, and at the very least this belongs in the Prologue forum.

McLaren F1GTR: If you read the ***Answers To All Of Your GT4 Questions*** thread you'd know Prologue isn't available in North America so your chances are slim, look for somewhere that imports games, plus you'll need a swap disc.
 
just exchange for another one since i bought this too and mine work
are u sure u follow the instruction they provided???

i am not promoting people to buy copied game because i bought a original prologue in december too

but i just couldn't resist to play the hk track !!!
 
Eagle
I'm with icemanshooter, and at the very least this belongs in the Prologue forum.

McLaren F1GTR: If you read the ***Answers To All Of Your GT4 Questions*** thread you'd know Prologue isn't available in North America so your chances are slim, look for somewhere that imports games, plus you'll need a swap disc.
Opps. sry bout not reading that. :guilty:

I was expecting that. Oh well, there should be some Prologue disks on EBAY or something, right? Guess I'll take a look.
 
I imagine there's at least one thread in the Prologue forum on the matter, quite a few Americans have been desperate for their GT4P fix before you ;)
 
I've followed their instruction....
what M then rename HK blah blah blah...
I checked the codes again and again.... but when come to the final part...
the game will ask u to insert the game disc... putted in... wait... wahlah.....
CAN'T READ DISC.... $#@!@#!$@#$!
but when i skip all the codes and stuffs....
i still able to play the game but no HK track at all....
i was really wondering if the 'gold finger' disc is working anot.... i went down to wanchai... brought the game... still unable to do it... sighz...
 
renzo
I've followed their instruction....
what M then rename HK blah blah blah...
I checked the codes again and again.... but when come to the final part...
the game will ask u to insert the game disc... putted in... wait... wahlah.....
CAN'T READ DISC.... $#@!@#!$@#$!
but when i skip all the codes and stuffs....
i still able to play the game but no HK track at all....
i was really wondering if the 'gold finger' disc is working anot.... i went down to wanchai... brought the game... still unable to do it... sighz...


Yes i followed the same instruction as urs
but i never have the CANT READ DISC error u got

i am not sure why u cant use the cheat
but try enter all the code again to make sure u follow the instructions perfectly
 
Back