GT4 Greatest Hits gamesave problems

• Thread starter slowman
  • 4 comments
United States
Madison, WI
I've got the GH hits version at the moment, and I've noticed that all of the gamesaves that I download off the net don't work at all. I'm using ARMAX Evo and moving .max saves to my mem card. It seems as though most of the saves on the net are the original release of GT4, and they must not be compatible? I'm not sure...

If there is an easier way to do this, the ultimate goal is to get the F1 car into my garage. I intended to load up a savegame on a different memory card and trade it into my garage.

Thanks in advance!

I've got the GH hits version at the moment, and I've noticed that all of the gamesaves that I download off the net don't work at all. I'm using ARMAX Evo and moving .max saves to my mem card. It seems as though most of the saves on the net are the original release of GT4, and they must not be compatible? I'm not sure...

If there is an easier way to do this, the ultimate goal is to get the F1 car into my garage. I intended to load up a savegame on a different memory card and trade it into my garage.

Thanks in advance!

If I'm not mistaken we can rename the memory card file name to match your version and get it working. But, we need your version. If yout have a DVD drive in your computer, put GT4 in. Open the disc and locate the:

Code:
SCUS_###.##

file. Go ahead and let us know the exact name of that file(Ex: SCUS_973.28), and we can try from there. Also post a link to the gamesave so I can try and get it working for ya.

My version is the SCUS_973.28 that you referenced.

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/save/gran_turismo_4_f.max

Or if you can't download it directly, it is the save uploaded by username "RSX" on this page in the NTSC Maxdrive save section here...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/save/561066.html

What I do is download the save to my Max drive USB Flash dongle (hate that word...) that came with my EVO. I then plug it into the PS2 and load up the ARMAX disc and go to the memory menu. Then I move the save to my memory card, confirm it is there, and then restart the PS2. Load up GT4, and then it says that the load has failed... gives me the option to retry, but it never is able to load it up. I've done this many, many times before... what gives?

If there is a program that I can use to fix this, let me know what to do. Thanks again.

I didn't want anyone to think I was a n00b... I've been here for years, since just after GT2 release day. I usually just lurk.:sly:

Hm, in that case... I'd try to format my memory card, and max drive, re-download the game save and try the process all over again.

That's all I can think of :(

Alright, thanks... I'll let you know how it goes!:scared:

Reformatted memory card and Maxdrive. Seems to be working ok at the moment... uncrushing GT4save ... Uncrushed. Confirmed that the file is there... restart. Insert GT4... loading up... and...working! Excellent, and thanks again.

I hope that someone searches for this 8 months from now and finds this topic. :D

Back