GT4 HD HUD and User Interface Texture pack for PCSX2

United States
United States
Made an account to post this, so hello everyone!

Over the past month I've been working diligently on a very special project, a mod for Gran Turismo 4.
This is my first major contribution to the Gran Turismo modding scene and I am very proud and excited to release it to the public!
The mod is a full remastering of the GT4 user interface and heads up display, as a PCSX2 dump/replace texture pack.
And, special thanks to Nenkai for his Gran Turismo 4 Save Editor, as I could not have done it without it.

I've made a youtube video showcasing the differences and features so go check it out.

Written Feature List:

1. HD HUD and UI textures:
All menus, text, and the in-race HUD have been redone in much higher resolution. These textures have greatly improved the game's overall look when playing in HD on PCSX2. My goal with this texture pack was to give the game a 'remastered' look and I think it succeeds in achieving that. This was accomplished with a combination of fully redrawn/replaced textures from scratch, and ai upscales.

2. 16:9 aspect ratio-corrected UI textures:
All UI textures that were still 4:3 stretched when in 16:9 mode have now been 'squished' horizontally to make them display in their correct aspect ratio when in 16:9 mode. This was done by widening the horizontal canvas size of the textures by 33%, rather than simply squishing the actual visual data of the texture, as to not reduce the horizontal resolution.

3. Typo Corrections:
Due to some text being stored as a texture, I was able to correct a couple typos that Polyphony made.
1. GT Auto's "cleand" -- cleaned
2. Main menu's "EUROPIAN STREET" -- EUROPEAN STREET

4. Secret Menu instructions added to the options menu background:
The options menu now has instructions on how to access the secret menu on the right side of the screen.

5. Alternate textures:
Included in this pack are some alternate textures that you can replace if desired:

1. Blanked replay watermark textures:
These allow the viewing of replays without the "REPLAY" and the "Gran Turismo 4" watermark
from ever appearing. This may be preferable to some players that wish to watch/record replays
without the watermarks appearing.
2. Odd numbers in the 10,000 RPM and 12,000 RPM tachometers:
Two Alternate tachometer textures that have the odd numbers included.

6. End-user mods:
With all of the texture work already done and textures organized, end-users can easily modify the existing textures in this pack any way
they want using image editing software. End-users can make the UI/HUD look any way they desire. Alternate colors, designs,
etc. are now possible.

7. Compatible with ALL revisions/versions of Gran Turismo 4:
Tested Versions:
Gran Turismo 4 NTSC-U USA/Canadian release SCUS-97328
Gran Turismo 4 PAL UK/European release SCES-51719
Gran Turismo 4 Online Public Beta NTSC-U USA release SCUS-97436
Gran Turismo 4 NTSC-J Japanese release SCPS-17001
Gran Turismo 4 NTSC-J Korean release SCKA-30001

8. By sheer coincidence, a lot of textures in this pack also apply to Tourist trophy. If you add this to your tourist trophy's replacement folder, it will get a visual improvement as well. (Some things will look a bit wonky though)

AB2HUDAFTER.png
b6.png
b4.png

Youtube Video:

Links:
MEGA: https://mega.nz/file/RCxyQITA#xldeHVH8XjY89A00xzlA6N-D1PntuKWEkHcWK_l_CWA
Google Drive:

That's a great pack!
I'm honest, I use just the HUD elements/replay overlay/other text replacement from the pack. My goal is to "delete" all the HUD (that is basically done) elements, for a clean screen. If you want, I can share edits I've made for include in your pack. Lastly, there are just small things that seems doesn't dump:

1679848753378.png

image.png

Apart that, all is done, here is how looks:

1679848826337.png

1679848872436.png

This is mega-awesome! ...However, not perfect just yet. I found a couple of mistakes in the textures when looking around the menus;
-Chaparral logo in American Cars dealership is not replaced, same with Vauxhall in British Cars.
-Land Rover logo is all wonky, keeps switching back and forth to the new and old texture in British Cars (possibly a problem in the emulator's end).
-This might be just my own personal preference and it's nothing huge, but VW, Cizeta and Alpine logos could be a bit brighter, to match the other logos better. They seem a little out-of-place. Again, nothing major, and probably just my own imagination ;)
-The arrow pointing at 'Event' in dealerships is always there, even when there are no events available for the manufacturer in question. In this case, there is supposed to be a simple dot-texture showing instead. In the hi-res textures, this dot-texture happens to be an arrow pointing to the right, this causes it to appear also when there are no legendary cars available. (I fixed it myself by replacing the texture).
manufacturer.png

-The highlight flash in the Tuning Shop is wider than the highlighted textures themselves.
tuning.png

But the mistakes aside, the texture pack looks absolutely beautiful, and is one of the last things we needed for a complete fanmade remaster of this (now even more) timeless masterpiece of a videogame. THANK YOU FOR KEEPING IT ALIVE!!!

I have successfully tested the pack on latest pcsx2 qt build, on both GT4 and GT Online, and the result is great!

However, the hud pack does not seem to work on v1.7.3727 build on neither versions of the game, wich was the last wxWidget build with support for USB settings. Since I use an old GT Driving Force Wheel, I have to stick to that version cuz QT support is crap atm. The HD retexture mod works on it btw, so I'm thinking maybe I need to take the files out of their folders ?

This is really amazing work, thank you !!

What's up with the "Real Circuit Tours" art in Extreme events? Half the tracks listed aren't even in the game, and the French flag is swapped with the Italian one even though there's no real life Italian tracks in the game.
This is the only weird thing I can find in it, it's really really nice otherwise.

1681213333521.png
1681213270224.png

Not sure what has gone wrong here with my game. Specific numbers (like the number 3 and 6) are rendered disproportionately in the race UI and various text across the game is not aligned straight or is not spaced out correctly.

Attachments

• Gran Turismo 4_SCUS-97436_20240126002226.png
    Gran Turismo 4_SCUS-97436_20240126002226.png
    166.6 KB · Views: 41
  • Gran Turismo 4_SCUS-97436_20240126001730.png
    Gran Turismo 4_SCUS-97436_20240126001730.png
    300.6 KB · Views: 44
  • Gran Turismo 4_SCUS-97436_20240126001725.png
    Gran Turismo 4_SCUS-97436_20240126001725.png
    278.7 KB · Views: 41
That's a great pack!
I'm honest, I use just the HUD elements/replay overlay/other text replacement from the pack. My goal is to "delete" all the HUD (that is basically done) elements, for a clean screen. If you want, I can share edits I've made for include in your pack. Lastly, there are just small things that seems doesn't dump:

View attachment 1242791

image.png

View attachment 1242792

View attachment 1242793
How did you remove the little blue circle that would usually appear on the g-force meter at the bottom of the screen? I hate that piece of HUD, and dont like the way it looks. But i couldnt find where to delete the sprite for that circle thing. Would really appreciate if you told me how you did that. ^^

That's a great pack!

View attachment 1242791

image.png

View attachment 1242792

View attachment 1242793
Hey, can you tell me please how you removed the g-force bar fully on the bottom of the screen? I really dont like how it looks, so i tried to remove it, but couldnt find the texture for the circle thingy that appears. I would really appreciate if you told me how you did that. ^^

Hey, can you tell me please how you removed the g-force bar fully on the bottom of the screen? I really dont like how it looks, so i tried to remove it, but couldnt find the texture for the circle thingy that appears. I would really appreciate if you told me how you did that. ^^
Just dump the texture and make it invisible

I am going insane over this. I have made sure my settings are exactly the same as in the video and followed the procedure but it will not use the HD UI. I've tried the SCUS 97328 and the SCUS-97436 and none work (yes I made sure I did not use the public beta files on the US version and vice-versa, MULTIPLE times). Also using the latest nightly available right now.

Even removed all the retexture mod files to make sure there wasn't any conflict. It looks like the numbers will work but not the text.

I am going insane over this. I have made sure my settings are exactly the same as in the video and followed the procedure but it will not use the HD UI. I've tried the SCUS 97328 and the SCUS-97436 and none work (yes I made sure I did not use the public beta files on the US version and vice-versa, MULTIPLE times). Also using the latest nightly available right now.

Even removed all the retexture mod files to make sure there wasn't any conflict. It looks like the numbers will work but not the text.

Well... Fixed. Used the mega link instead which was a very different download from the google drive.

Back