GT4 - I have no straightline speed

Serbia
Serbia
Little late to the party, but I just started playing GT4. I picked up Mitsubishi Evo and cleared Sunday Cup, but now, every other race I try, AI is way faster than me on the straights. I upgraded my car to 305hp and yet I still get obliterated by AI on straights in 4WD Cup and that Mitsubishi One Make races. What am I doing wrong?

Since I passed A license test I got that Pontiac, tried entering a cup with it, same thing. I can get some positions back in the corners, but as soon as we hit a long straight, they just leave me in the dust.

Last edited:
It sounds obvious, but is your throttle button working properly? All of the main buttons on a PS2 pad are analogue, so it's possible that you're only getting part throttle. I believe there's a blue bar on the HUD that shows the throttle input.

Little late to the party, but I just started playing GT4. I picked up Mitsubishi Evo and cleared Sunday Cup, but now, every other race I try, AI is way faster than me on the straights. I upgraded my car to 305hp and yet I still get obliterated by AI on straights in 4WD Cup and that Mitsubishi One Make races. What am I doing wrong?

Since I passed A license test I got that Pontiac, tried entering a cup with it, same thing. I can get some positions back in the corners, but as soon as we hit a long straight, they just leave me in the dust.
The AI cars are tuned in some events, sometimes a lot, sometimes not so much, it depends on the event itself.
You may need to further upgrade the power of your car, or to do some weight reduction to gain the lost time at the corners, or just buy a faster car.

Last edited:
Back