GT4 Intro Translation?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 4' started by Tompie913, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Tompie913

Tompie913

One thing about the GT4 intro which I just thought of recently is the meaning of the vocals at the beginning, which is the same in all versions. I don't think it's just made up nonsense, but then what is it? I reckon it's probably Japanese, possibly Italian. Anyone have any ideas or happen to know?

2. Rykon Zero

Rykon Zero Premium

I think it's Latin, but that's based off of two songs I've heard.

3. AOS-

AOS- Premium

isnt is a gospel choir? they are saying something...

God of war, Super Smash Bros Brawl, some many games have some choir in it.

Here's a great example i know of that has the singing and the translation of Brawl.

4. Parnelli Bone

Parnelli Bone Premium

I actually went on a google search to answer this thread, to no avail. :( I couldn't even find a site which listed its lyrics, or provided any info about the language it's sung in.

My guess would be Italian or Latin. That's typically what operas are sung in, but who knows?

5. GeeTeeR

GeeTeeR

According to my GT4 refernce guide (i own NTSC-J),the lyrics are in italian.

""Moon Over The Castle" Orchestral Version
    Composed by Mashahiro Andoh
    Original Lyrics by Kazunori Yamauchi
    Italian Translation and Text Setting:A lessandra Cattani & Ed Bogas
    "

6. PF

PF

Okay, I have a challenge. The music actually reminds me of the UEFA Champions League song for some reason. I'll put the PS2 onto my four 200w speakers and get to work.

Start time 1:50 am GMT

EDIT: wOW, THAT'S TOUGH. i CAN'T EVEN TELL IF IT'S lATIN OR iTALIAN, THOUGH i SUSPECT THE FORMER

reedit: capslockfail

RE-RE-EDIT: Holy crap, they have Mussorgsky in the soundtrack? Anyway, there's Lizst, Debussy, Mozart, Bach, Chopin (and Van Halen), few of whom are known for their operas. Moar searching.

7. PF

PF

*Double post cause I'm sick of editing*

GeeTeeR is correct. "Moon Over The Castle" Orchestral Version

8. Tompie913

Tompie913

Okay, so anyone here speak Italian?

9. DK

DK Premium

Mama mia, I do...not.

10. G_Bertinato

G_Bertinato

Alright, first post in this thread after 11 Years, wow! :eek:. So basically, I also was looking for the lyrics for this amazing intro, and it lead to this thread, when then i gave up searching.
    Recently to kill the nostalgia, i've listened in repeat the orchestral part of the GT4 Intro just for the chills and then i started to recognize some of the words; the lyrics are in fact in Italian, i'm no italian speaker, actually portuguese, but since both derivates from Latin some words have little variation of tone but still the same meaning to them; the part i recognized is before the lead female opera singer starts, when the GT40 is shown in the garage, its said: Per la velocità (for speed/for the speed) or Della Velocità (of speed) so indeed the lyrics has something to do with racing, well, yamauchi composed so of course.
    So now i'm looking into trying to translate the whole thing

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020